Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Demodex Mites. Lots of Questions About Them

Unhappy Ltd IV

Had backed of everything for a little skin rest, now back on the old regime started getting red splotches small but coming quick. These mites are relentless.

Default ZZ Ointment

Application.

Default Ltd IV

Resting my skin proved to be the wrong thing to do. Back under control now. Here is an article about Ivermectin http://www.aafp.org/afp/2003/0915/p1089.html
    If it can kill scabies it should kill the Demodex. My experience is that after you kill off a bunch you will get an eruption of pimples from the dead mites releasing bacteria. My theory. It will clear in a week or so. I have not used Ivermectin yet just tto and the disc which is very effective for me. Just has to be done on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Resting my skin proved to be the wrong thing to do. Back under control now. Here is an article about Ivermectin http://www.aafp.org/afp/2003/0915/p1089.html
    If it can kill scabies it should kill the Demodex. My experience is that after you kill off a bunch you will get an eruption of pimples from the dead mites releasing bacteria. My theory. It will clear in a week or so. I have not used Ivermectin yet just tto and the disc which is very effective for me. Just has to be done on a regular basis.
    Hi Ted,

I too am presently 'resting' my skin, after applying daily topicals for over two years. I hope I won't come to regret trying this, as you seem to have done!

I very much agree with your observation about flare up's after killing demodex. In my experience, this can be as much as a few weeks later.

When you say 'the disc', are you referring to rosacea ltd?

One fear I do have (and, admittedly, this is getting way ahead of myself here!) is that, when/if ivermectin is ever licensed for use in rosacea treatment, Dr's will prescribe it extremely liberally, to anyone presenting with rosacea, without any prior investigation into whether demodex might be the likely culprit. Ie, my fear in the medium term is medical over-use, which may negatively affect the section of sufferers for whom this treatment could be an absolute revelation.

Default Ltd IV

Quote Originally Posted by davem81 View Post
    Hi Ted,

I too am presently 'resting' my skin, after applying daily topicals for over two years. I hope I won't come to regret trying this, as you seem to have done!

I very much agree with your observation about flare up's after killing demodex. In my experience, this can be as much as a few weeks later.

When you say 'the disc', are you referring to rosacea ltd?

One fear I do have (and, admittedly, this is getting way ahead of myself here!) is that, when/if ivermectin is ever licensed for use in rosacea treatment, Dr's will prescribe it extremely liberally, to anyone presenting with rosacea, without any prior investigation into whether demodex might be the likely culprit. Ie, my fear in the medium term is medical over-use, which may negatively affect the section of sufferers for whom this treatment could be an absolute revelation.
    The resurgence was not like before I started treatment but would have been there soon. Yes the Ltd IV disc is what I use with Jojoba oil and TTO. I have reservation with insecticides causing a resistant variety of Demodex. Any mite that survives will tend to be resistant and breed some more. I would say that when used that everything that kills them be used at the same time to try and wipe them out, scorched earth. My treatment keeps me in remission for now and I am happy.

Cool Ltd IV

Been a while since I posted. Not much change still in remission from the horrible time. Now it is minor flares occasionally. Have shaved my beard to get some sun and to more easily treat my face in hopes of pushing these mites into some type of truce. I am thinking that they can never be totally removed, only controled. Wish spring would get here because the sun helps me. Winter is my hardest time with this. Best winter in several years so I am happy with were it stands. After 7 months plus using the Ltd IV disc I can say it is worth a try. I use it more than they recommend with no ill effects.

Default Cliradex

Cliradex has been a miracle for me about demodex mites. It's a relatively new product. I think it was launched in November 2012. My ophthalmologist recommended it to me because I have demodex mites and ocular rosacea. It comes in a towelette form and it is preservative free!!! I really like using it because it has this refreshing minty feeling on my face. I use it after i wash my face in the morning and I use it after I wash my face at night, and my skin has cleared up. My ophthalmologist said that i need to use Cliradex for a recommended 2 months to kill two life cycles of demodex mites. Again, I highly recommend Cliradex wipes! Definitely a believer and I wanted to share my success with everyone!

Default Pictures

Did Gabranth ever upload before and after pictures ?

I've read through about thirty pages of this thread but I haven't seen anything.

Smile Ltd IV

Been really being aggressive in treatment with TTO using daily at 100% strength. The Ltd IV disc had come to the limit of what they could do, they do work at improving your skin condition and controlling out breaks, but they do not get rid of the red blotches, which means the Demodex is still there and you will still get much milder flare ups. The TTO is killing them and the red places are disappearing. Once the red places are gone I will use an insecticide to finish them off if any are left on my face. Has been a journey trying to take out these mites. I was mostly in remission, I just want to get rid of the red places that looked like a light port wine birth marks. I have gotten rid of at least 80% in this last round of aggressive TTO treatment that includes exfoliating lotion, then a close shave followed with alcohol wash, then TTO. Yes this burns like hell, but after three weeks, 80% of the red is gone, I can put up with the short term pain if it cures this. Almost there!

Cool Insecticide

Have started an insecticide treatment. Incredibly fast response, I will be completely clear in a week at this rate. I had already devastated them with TTO, now mopping up. I am using Goodwinol a veterinary product not labeled for human use. Rotenone is the active ingredient, made from a plant root and has a very short half life. Not recommending it's use, I am taking my own risk, based upon exhaustive research. Will let you know how things turn out expecting a major pimple flare as these bastards die and release the bacteria they contain.