Thread: A specialized thred in SUBTYPE 1 ( redness,blushing,flushing ) no pustules or papules

Lightbulb A specialized thred in SUBTYPE 1 ( redness,blushing,flushing ) no pustules or papules

hello every one

i am a subtype 1 my self " redness , blushing , flushing " may be i could fall in the new subtype a little bit also .

the main point in starting this thread is becouse i feel lost in this fourm when trying to acquire some experience in dealing with my rosacea !! the main problem was i found a lot of treatments , elimination diet and advices which when trying to apply found that they really help rosaceans with subtype 2 " pustules or papules " which is great but are not my main symptoms !!!

may be if we share the same symptoms at least we could benefits from each others treatments or regiments

this what make me think about this thread in order to try to document as much as possible of users experience in this subtype treatment , suggestions even theories which could ease it on some guys like me , it is too time , energy , mind , money consuming to fight back

that's why i wanna to fight back in the right direction with right tools !!!!

i really like to discuss here all the famous treatment for this subtype , according to my little experience is

V-Beam , ipl , diet , honey <-------- i am not sure even about DIET as it seems to help mainly subtype two i hope it can help with the plain redness becouse it will be my own responsibility not the lazy doctors !!!

tell now i did try antibiotics , metro gel <----------- shame on doctors moistrizers not helping

about 5 V-Beam about 50% in flushing sevirty and time 10%in redness

topical and oral ivermectine <------- Can't tell if it helped

applying shampoo on my face <------ helped alittle

i did cut out wheat for about 4 days now <--------- no results tell now

my waiting list include

IPL

Diet ( i don't know for sure i will go SCD or Low-carb )

tea tree oil

honey and coconut

am so lost and i can't see where to hit this ugly disease

so please any one with experience in this subtype share your knowledge with us for any of its symptoms , thanks alot for your time
    Last edited by fellow220; 19th January 2012 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fellow220 View Post
    hello every one

i am a subtype 1 my self " redness , blushing , flushing " may be i could fall in the new subtype a little bit also .

the main point in starting this thread is becouse i feel lost in this fourm when trying to acquire some experience in dealing with my rosacea !! the main problem was i found a lot of treatments , elimination diet and advices which when trying to apply found that they really help rosaceans with subtype 2 " pustules or papules " which is great but are not my main symptoms !!!

may be if we share the same symptoms at least we could benefits from each others treatments or regiments

this what make me think about this thread in order to try to document as much as possible of users experience in this subtype treatment , suggestions even theories which could ease it on some guys like me , it is too time , energy , mind , money consuming to fight back

that's why i wanna to fight back in the right direction with right tools !!!!

i really like to discuss here all the famous treatment for this subtype , according to my little experience is

V-Beam , ipl , diet , honey <-------- i am not sure even about DIET as it seems to help mainly subtype two i hope it can help with the plain redness becouse it will be my own responsibility not the lazy doctors !!!

tell now i did try antibiotics , metro gel <----------- shame on doctors moistrizers not helping

about 5 V-Beam about 50% in flushing sevirty and time 10%in redness

topical and oral ivermectine <------- Can't tell if it helped

applying shampoo on my face <------ helped alittle

i did cut out wheat for about 4 days now <--------- no results tell now

my waiting list include

IPL

Diet ( i don't know for sure i will go SCD or Low-carb )

tea tree oil

honey and coconut

am so lost and i can't see where to hit this ugly disease

so please any one with experience in this subtype share your knowledge with us for any of its symptoms , thanks alot for your time

I have the same subtype and maybe the new subtype as well. I dont get many p&ps at all. My main triggers are artificial lights and heat from a stove, etc. I wanted to ask you if lights are a big trigger for you?
    Doug

fellow220 - have you ever had your vit d levels checked?
    Doug

Default i think they are !

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmoof View Post
    I have the same subtype and maybe the new subtype as well. I dont get many p&ps at all. My main triggers are artificial lights and heat from a stove, etc. I wanted to ask you if lights are a big trigger for you?
    hello mrsmoof

actually last 2 days i was eliminating every thing which might make me flush at day time actually i was eating just apples tell 3 pm. but i find that i got a very wired flush which is on just half of my face!!!!

i think this is the lights or just a withdrawal symptom i don't know

one of the derms i checked tell me once that you have allergy from the florescent light but i didn't believe here then

no i never check my vitamin d levels checked <----- why are you concerned about vit D especially

i think iam low in vit D as i never walk in the sun didn't eat vegetables last couple of months except rarely

i find that when i take my calcium supplement which have a little amount of vitamin D that i feel better

While standardizing rosacea into four subtypes and one variant has been helpful in diagnosing rosacea it should be remembered that this classification is controversial since it is based upon morphology rather than on pathogenesis. Many rosacea sufferers may exhibit symptoms of more than one subtype. There are other subtypes being proposed such as Neurogenic Rosacea, Neuropathic Rosacea and Sensory Rosacea. Crawford et al. proposed the concept of Glandular Rosacea to describe another phenotype distinct from the four subtypes introduced by the expert committee.

There are several variants of rosacea that have been proposed other than the only variant recognized by the NRS 'expert committee,' Granulomatous Rosacea. Other variants are Demodectic Rosacea, Rosacea Fulminans, Steroid-induced acneiform eruption, Persistent edema of rosacea, Gram-negative Rosacea, Halogen Rosacea, Rosacea Conglobata, Rosacea Inversa and Rosaceous Lymphoedema.

So while it may be helpful to diagnose rosacea into subtypes there may be something else going on due to the cause of rosacea which hasn't been discovered yet and why rosacea is still a mystery. Basing treatment on symptoms usually doesn't get to the root cause of any disease, but at present, this is the classification system that has been the most popular to use.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 20th January 2012 at 05:33 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

same subtype here. antibiotics help somewhat, metro gel doesn't, not sure if i should try laser or not.