Thread: Can any one explain why vegetables are low carb ? ? they are all sugar !!

Question Can any one explain why vegetables are low carb ? ? they are all sugar !!

i can't get it why vegetables is considered low carb and has low GI if it is mainly sugar and fiber ??! may be the fiber is a factor but i don't get why it is allowed in SCD , it should be monosacchride to be allowed and it is a complex carb which sholud be digested to reach the single sugar molecule !!!

what its digestion process ???

why it is allowed in a low carb diet ? i think the low carb diet restrict pure sugar and then allow low GI foods !!

i ask becouse i wanna to start a rosacea diet and i don't know which one ,
    SCD or LOW CARB
    i wanna be sure about the vegetables becouse it will be my main food becouse i will go easy on protien becouse i have a mild form of the gout .

i tried the internet but never got a straight answer to this question , sorry about that

Most vegetables are very low carb. There are many lists on line where you can find their carb/net carb values.

Can't help you with the question about protein and gout. I think gout has far more to do with inflammation than protein consumption. You have to back track over your eating habits over the years to see just how you could have acquired gout. For example, I had lots of inflammation going on from terrible eating habits (I must have been razing entire fields of wheat from cereal or muffin or bagel in the morning to sandwiches at lunch to pizza or pasta at dinner.)

G

Quote Originally Posted by fellow220 View Post
    i can't get it why vegetables is considered low carb and has low GI if it is mainly sugar and fiber ??! may be the fiber is a factor but i don't get why it is allowed in SCD , it should be monosacchride to be allowed and it is a complex carb which sholud be digested to reach the single sugar molecule !!!

what its digestion process ???

why it is allowed in a low carb diet ? i think the low carb diet restrict pure sugar and then allow low GI foods !!

i ask becouse i wanna to start a rosacea diet and i don't know which one ,
    SCD or LOW CARB
    i wanna be sure about the vegetables becouse it will be my main food becouse i will go easy on protien becouse i have a mild form of the gout .

i tried the internet but never got a straight answer to this question , sorry about that
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Ghost is correct, usually vegetables such as lettuce, spinach, asparagus, cauliflower, and broccoli are low in carbohydrate grams compared to fruit. Just about everyone agrees that these vegetables are healthy and low in the glycemic index. Yes, these vegetables have carbohydrate but they are considered the complex type containing glucose, fructose and sucrose. Source. Fruit usually contains just fructose. It is easier for your body to break down fructose than to break down a more complex vegetable like broccoli. Fruit is easily converted to glucose and utilized by the body and increases insulin quickly. So eating the complex carbohydrate vegetables is healthier.

Besides, these vegetables contain not just carbohydrate but also some protein and fat. Fruit usually has little, if any, protein or fat (there are of course some exceptions). So eating vegetables is again way more healthy for you than just eating fruit.

For rosaceans, I have been advocating for over eleven years eating a high protein diet and not to worry about the fat content for thirty days to see if this improves your rosacea. If you are a vegetarian then your best source for protein is soy. If you have issues with soy, then try to lower your carbohydrate as much as possible for thirty days eating the vegetables you are comfortable with. Drink lots of water. See if within 30 days your rosacea improves.

As to gout, can you eat fish or chicken? You might find that you can tolerate some fish or chicken without a gout flare up. Obviously you should be judicious with your fish or protein but a little might help you heal since protein and fat is what you need to heal your skin. Can you eat cottage cheese or other cheese? I have published a rosacea diet for vegans which I am giving away for free. It is only for thirty days. After the thirty days, if you see your rosacea improve, you then adjust the diet to your particular life style and health. You will then know if reducing carbohydrate, especially sugar, and eating a more high protein and fat diet does indeed control your rosacea.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Default P.S. regarding gout

Regarding Gout -- I was at the dentist's yesterday and picked up MORE magazine. There's an article about gout in it. Amazing! Watch out for food with purines (I'm sure internet has a list) and drink coffee (which helps flush the purines out). The food list is shocking. I don't know how I have escaped gout so far (knock wood, but seriously). The foods include things like salmon, tuna and asparagus among other super-healthful foods. Good luck.

G.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

thanks alot ghost and braddy for your explanation and support

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Ghost is correct, usually vegetables such as l I have published a rosacea diet for vegans which I am giving away for free. It is only for thirty days. After the thirty days, if you see your rosacea improve, you then adjust the diet to your particular life style and health. You will then know if reducing carbohydrate, especially sugar, and eating a more high protein and fat diet does indeed control your rosacea.
    i got your book brady but i didn't try the diet i just wanna to try the scd diet before the low carb diet as it makes more sense to me , and by the way man your 101 is a great book which i love as my rosacea reference

Quote Originally Posted by fellow220 View Post
    i got your book brady but i didn't try the diet i just wanna to try the scd diet before the low carb diet as it makes more sense to me , and by the way man your 101 is a great book which i love as my rosacea reference
    You are welcome.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi