Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting hot when flushing with embarrasment-like feelings

Quote Originally Posted by joeychaps123 View Post
    massive long shot! but Loujords did you have any luck getting to the bottom of what was wrong with you? ive got redness flushing but like you i have a permanent red non itchy rash on my neck.
    To understand what a 'massive long shot' you have created, simply login to RF, click on Loujords display name and then click on VIEW POSTS. You will then see a list of the six posts Loujords made starting in 25th August 2011 and the last post in this thread on 15th January 2012 in post no 9 and then we never hear from Loujords ever again. The rosaceans come and go, talking about all their rosacea woes. On the home page of RF, near the bottom you will find these statistics as of this date:

The Rosacea Forum Statistics

Threads 27,057 Posts 207,721 Members 36,978 Active Members 361
    Welcome to our newest member, newsoundtracks

I assume you are concerned with the red non itchy rash on your neck? Have you ruled out atopic dermatitis? Hows the lymph node just under your left ear?
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Default Feeling so hot (like burning alive)

Hi All,
    I am so glad that I've discover this thread. I was thinking that I am abnormal but I get this really intense flushing (I called them attacks) when I am so hot that I am literally burning alive. My breath is hot, my face is on the fire and whole my body feels so hot (it's worse than a fewer). My dermatologist told me that this will happen because of flood of blood and there isn't anything he can do but I would do anything to lessen the intensity of attacks. I also get deep swelling in my cheeks which is also unpleasant and it is triggered by almost everything. It's happening in the night so I cannot sleep I am permanently sleep deprived. I don't think I can go on like that - if it's there anything which can help please let me know.

Thank you,

S.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_y View Post
    Hi All,
    I am so glad that I've discover this thread. I was thinking that I am abnormal but I get this really intense flushing (I called them attacks) when I am so hot that I am literally burning alive. My breath is hot, my face is on the fire and whole my body feels so hot (it's worse than a fewer). My dermatologist told me that this will happen because of flood of blood and there isn't anything he can do but I would do anything to lessen the intensity of attacks. I also get deep swelling in my cheeks which is also unpleasant and it is triggered by almost everything. It's happening in the night so I cannot sleep I am permanently sleep deprived. I don't think I can go on like that - if it's there anything which can help please let me know.

Thank you,

S.
    Hi there!!
    Sorry that you have to go through this!
    Do you have rosacea diagnosed by a doctor? (flushing and heat attacks can be a symptom of several conditions)
    Are you on any type of medication? Does this always happen at night? Or do you have any daytime triggers?

Best
    V

Default Feeling so hot (burning alive)

Hi,

Thanks for your note. It is usually worse in the night but it happens during the day too. I was officially diagnosed with Rosacea about three months ago. I am taking antibiotics for Rosacea (will finish the first three months course soon) and then will continue with another three months course. I thought I would take the rutin and grape seed extract to strengthen the blood vessels but I cannot see any results. I sometimes feel like I am burning alive and nobody notices me. It is the horrible feeling. I am afraid of the time to go to bed because I know what would happen. I sleep with open windows, had four pillows underneath my head, bought the especial silk pillow but I cannot see any results. It is as bad as visual defects if not worse. The worst daytime trigger is travel, heat, stress, emotions and peanuts.

Hi,

Thanks for your note. It is usually worse in the night but it happens during the day too. I was officially diagnosed with Rosacea about three months ago. I am taking antibiotics for Rosacea (will finish the first three months course soon) and then will continue with another three months course. I thought I would take the rutin and grape seed extract to strengthen the blood vessels but I cannot see any results. I sometimes feel like I am burning alive and nobody notices me. It is the horrible feeling. I am afraid of the time to go to bed because I know what would happen. I sleep with open windows, had four pillows underneath my head, bought the especial silk pillow but I cannot see any results. It is as bad as visual defects if not worse. The worst daytime trigger is travel, heat, stress, emotions and peanuts.
    Ok, I see! I totally understand your situation because I have been there myself. I had similar triggers to yours. I also felt extremely lonely... desperate. For me it took quite some time to get my symptoms fading and under control, so hang in there and be patient! I want to give you hope that this can solve.

How long have you had the flushing for? Did it start just now or has it been there for some time? And what is your facial skin like, any other symptoms?

Best!
    V

Default Burning alive

Hi,

Really? That would be really helpful - I would do anything to get rid of it. Before Rosacea I was extremely pale (I've got blond hair and blue eyes) but in my teens I suffered a lot with acne which disappears for a long period time (like years) and after that reappears again. I've always flushed easily and always loved warm. About a year ago I noticed red patches on my cheeks but thought nothing of it and they eventually disappeared (Blue cap cream which I was using for serb derm helped). This April I woke up with almost burned face and nothing helped. Dermatologist prescribed me with antibiotics and told me that unfortunately he cannot give me anything to lessened intensity because it is to do with blood rushing in my face.

Thank you,

S.

Hi,

Really? That would be really helpful - I would do anything to get rid of it. Before Rosacea I was extremely pale (I've got blond hair and blue eyes) but in my teens I suffered a lot with acne which disappears for a long period time (like years) and after that reappears again. I've always flushed easily and always loved warm. About a year ago I noticed red patches on my cheeks but thought nothing of it and they eventually disappeared (Blue cap cream which I was using for serb derm helped). This April I woke up with almost burned face and nothing helped. Dermatologist prescribed me with antibiotics and told me that unfortunately he cannot give me anything to lessened intensity because it is to do with blood rushing in my face.

Thank you,

S.
    Okey, that sounds like a very sudden reaction.. I looked up Blue cap cream and it looks like it contains steroids – use of steroids on facial skin can "thin" the skin which then cause rosacea and flushing. Steroid creams are a big no no for rosaceans as it can both cause and worsen the condition. From what I have read on this forum several members with steroid induced rosacea has been helped by RLT (red light therapy). Are you familiar with RLT?

Best!
    V

Default Intense flushing

Hello V.,

Thank you, thank you. I didn't think that BlueCap contained steroids - I thought that the main ingredient was Zinc but I used to steroids after that because the doctor thought that it was eczema and prescribed steroid cream - that was before I got to dermatologist. I wouldn't think that this is now responsible for all that horrible attacs. I am not familiar with RLT (I know that light therapy can help but never actually done it). Do you have any experience with it?

Thank you, thank you for helping me.

S.

Hello V.,

Thank you, thank you. I didn't think that BlueCap contained steroids - I thought that the main ingredient was Zinc but I used to steroids after that because the doctor thought that it was eczema and prescribed steroid cream - that was before I got to dermatologist. I wouldn't think that this is now responsible for all that horrible attacs. I am not familiar with RLT (I know that light therapy can help but never actually done it). Do you have any experience with it?

Thank you, thank you for helping me.

S.
    No problema I am happy if I can help to piece the puzzle. I am not familiar with BlueCap but I googled "Blue cap cream steroids" and the top pages where different alerts that the cream tested positive for steroids even though itīs not marketed as a steroid cream. I have no idea but that was what came up. If you used steroids after blue cap that might also play a part.

Rosacea is often a result of several combined factors of things (such as genes, diet, sun damage, allergies, life style, topical products, medical history + time etc) and what those are is often individual, so steroids might not be the "only" thing causing all of your symptoms but it might be one factor which has contributed to making it worse.

I don't have enough experience of RLT to give any advice but there are several members with experience and good results and many threads on this forum that discusses the topic

Good luck to you!!
    Best

Default Intense flushing

Hi V.,

I now have done the same and I got the same warning about undisclosed steroids - will I never. Thank you - my dermatologist told me that he will recommend me to the laser clinic so I can ask about RLT there and certainly have a look on the forum (I think that the forum is fantastic and really helpful). I saw that other forum members were very happy with the results after light therapy but now I know that I need the red light.

Yes, of course, you are right, I am pretty sure that I had the rosacea (in very mild form) before but I have worsen it by my stupid cosmetic experiments on myself. If I could get it back there I was before April that would be just amazing.

Thank you,

S.