Thread: Good results with TCM

Default Good results with TCM

Hi all,

I am on TCM for rosacea subtype 2. I have experienced about 90 percent improvement after visiting my physician for 2 months. I really want to share my experience with you guys because I feel that rosacea is a problem exhibited when something in our body went wrong and not because of anything else.

I am 23 this year and have had rosacea since I was 18. It comes and go at the start, and now it just stays permanently. At 19 yrs old, when others were out at the beach and going to parties, I stayed home and didn't want to hang out at all because my face was full of pimples and pustules, bumpy, red, and inflammed.

I cried, got depressed, and had suicidal thoughts. The words "WHY ME, WHY ME OF ALL PEOPLE?" kept ringing in my head. I had porcelain skin all my life. I didn't have pimples when my teenage friends were having them. My face was clear and had no visible pores and I was the envy of my friends in school. At 18, I starting flushing really badly and it would not go away. Then I knew something had to be wrong.

I have tried antibiotics, steroids, acne potions and lotions, rozex, azelaic acid and many others to no avail. Antibiotics makes it better, but when I stop, it always comes back.
    I am currently only using the pimple cream given by my dermatologist, and wash my face twice a day with cetaphil only. Desperate, I turned to TCM after reading about some success stories online with TCM.

I believe that rosacea has a lot to do with the health of one's body, as the chinese believe that when the body is unhealthy, it shows up on your skin. My TCM physician explained to me, that I have excess heat in my body, and this heat cannot pass out of the body, thus it is channelled to the face, esp the nose.

Some symptoms of being heaty: Dark or yellowish urine, constipation, hard stools, always craving foods which are fried or unhealthy, reddish tongue, itching on your body, not sweating, bad breath,reddish skin, feeling heated up inside your body, feeling irritated or agitated easily, sweating too much, not sweating at all

I had migraines for years, and western docs only prescribe me with painkillers. I told my chinese doc and he gave me medicine to drink for 5 days, and voila! the migraine was gone, and I haven't had a relapse for 2 months now.

Basically I would say, don't try acupuncture for rosacea first, but use herbal preparations to treat your inner body's ailments first. I took chinese herbs for 2 months and no longer feel my face flushing up for no reason and my outbreaks are greatly reduced.

TCM will also ask you to avoid certain foods to improve your problems so you have to have determination before committing to TCM.

If you want to experience it for yourself, try the following out first before seeking out a good tcm practitioner:

- Stop eating all dairy products (Dairy causes heat and inflammation in the body, those suffering from eczema might benefit from this too)

- Drink 2 glasses of water when you wake up, and drink water every hour of the day. No soft drinks or sweet drinks

- Sleep by 12 midnight everyday (if one sleeps at 3 or 4am everyday, it creates heat in the body)

- Eat cooling, akaline foods - celery, beansprouts. Avoid acid forming foods like cheese, eggs

- Stick to only ONE skincare routine everyday (switching products confuses the skin) - I use cetaphil gentle cleanser twice a day and apply pimple cream on spots only)

- Don't be angry - this makes your blood vessels dilate and makes you even redder. Keep calm, even if you're angry, think ZEN. Breathe~

Try it out for 2 weeks. Stick to it. If you find that the above helps in your rosacea, then find a reputable chinese physician to further treat your body's condition. Sadly there are many chinese docs out there who are not competent, so make sure, visit a reputable one and you might see some improvements to your condition.

Hope this helps those who are looking for other alternatives to treat your condition.

Nice to hear your improvements.
    I went to an acupuncturist many times. I do agree with the heat produced in the body, going trough the channels, I really FEEL this happening.
    Maybe I will go back to him and ask for the rosacea especially, because he was treating me for constipation problems, even if I think that the channels treated are quite the same.
    It relieved some of my symptoms, but they came back some days after.

Quote Originally Posted by MasK View Post
    Nice to hear your improvements.
    I went to an acupuncturist many times. I do agree with the heat produced in the body, going trough the channels, I really FEEL this happening.
    Maybe I will go back to him and ask for the rosacea especially, because he was treating me for constipation problems, even if I think that the channels treated are quite the same.
    It relieved some of my symptoms, but they came back some days after.

Hi MasK,

Thanks for your reply. Glad to know you have tried TCM before. Well, for our problem to be shown on our face, i guess it should be quite serious. Chinese med is good, but it takes time. it aims to cure the root cause, not just temporarily like antibiotics.

Do post here if you get some good results!

[QUOTE=MasK;265164]
    I do agree with the heat produced in the body, going trough the channels, I really FEEL this happening.
    Hi Mask,

Could you say more precisely what you feel. Do you mean that when you flush you're also hot ?
    I do feel heat rushing through my body when I get emotional stress like embarrasment for instance and I can be sure that my face turns red and hot right away. For other types of flushing, my face only gets red and hot, not my body.
    Thanks.
    Marie

[QUOTE=Souris24;265184]
    Quote Originally Posted by MasK View Post

Hi Mask,

Could you say more precisely what you feel. Do you mean that when you flush you're also hot ?
    I do feel heat rushing through my body when I get emotional stress like embarrasment for instance and I can be sure that my face turns red and hot right away. For other types of flushing, my face only gets red and hot, not my body.
    Thanks.
    Marie
    One example is that my sinuses and face are tightly related to my GI function.
    If I feel bloated, and with a hot face/nose, I lay down on my bed, then I feel a growling in my belly, and my face and nose clear up IMMEDIATELY.
    I have the same effect when having a good BM.
    I also feel the heat dropping in my right leg, trough the knee, and in the foot. Some months ago, I was thinking about gout, and felt concerned. I made tests and asked my GP, who told me to not worry as this wasn't a symptom of gout.
    But the TCM practitionner spoke with me about this and told me that the channel of the large intestine/stomach is passing from the right foot to the nose and face. That is why I am red and feel hotness in the face and in the leg.
    He explained me that the intestine is controlled by the liver (not in the medical sense, but the liver for what it represents in the chinese approach, emotions, hidden anger, frustration, etc.). He worked on this a lot but I think my GI issues were too serious to react to the needles. That's why I'll try when things will get better.
    Migraines are also related to this, because the heat is going UP to the head. I also feel a lot of muscular pain, especially in the neck, the right side.
    Also there he told me that it was perfectly understandable (chinese point of view of course), because the point at the base of the skull, right side is related to the galbladder and liver channel.
    One time he put a needle in this point and my BP dropped suddently, he had to remove it, and said that it was a point that causes this, but some ppl are fine with that. I was not because my BP is quite low most of the time, which is good.

MEALS are what is creating the heat in my body, by far. The farest from the meal, the better I feel. I can even do exercices without flushing if I'm starving. But the side-effects are dizzyness, too cold hands, trembling,...
    I cannot do physical things, even sometimes talk, right after eating, or I flush like crazy or feel very bad.
    Something is really messed up in my body. I don't know how it is possible to feel so bad and that no f**** doctor is able to find what is going on.
    Mine is speaking all the time about nervous system, and that makes sense. Accutane is know to mess up this, so... I'm maybe another accutane victim.
    But I want thing to come back like it was before. It was not perfect but god, I was just living... Now it's only a jail.