Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seb Derm, clogged pores, flakes...

Default Seb Derm, clogged pores, flakes...

Hi, I have seb derm all across my cheeks nose and jaw. My pores on my cheeks and nose are really clogged and visible, if I leave them alone they flake really bad and make yellow scales!

I hav been doing the caveman for months with no water at all, and it has helped my skin to be less red and dried out! But when I dont wash my face the flakes build up very quickly and I have to rub them off! For months now I have been rubbing my skin everyday, sometimes for hours, rubbing the flakes off is addictive!

I want to stop this because it irritates me face and I think it makes the problem worse! I think when I rub the flakes off they just come back faster, is this true?

My face looks good and calm when I wake up, but then it looks bad later in the day because I scrub it! I need to fix this problem and keep the flakes cleaned off my face without scrubbing or being irritating. I am thinking of dead sea salt have you tried it?

Very frustrating situation... Here is a picture, my face is kind of calm here, but you can see the pores. Sorry it's only of my inner cheek I am too lazy to take a new picture of my whole face

I see no one replied and I really can't offer any help to you since my skin looks exactly like yours. I wish you luck in trying to solve this bitch of a problem.

Rubbing your skin all the time isn't good but I do it too. It's really addictive especially when you just want all the flakes to go away. Don't scrub! But you should stop rubbing and touching it I'm sure it won't be as irritated. My face looks pretty good when I wake up and throughout the day it gets worse too.I've never tried dead sea salt, did you end up trying it? I have rosacea and seb derm but seb derm is such a mystery for me. Relaxing and keeping my stress level under control helps me to not flare up and I have to try my best to avoid my triggers but I can't find anything that helps my seb derm. I've tried soo many creams from derms and natural things. Right now I've been using yogurt it makes my feel smooth but I don't think it's doing much for flakes. It's so hard to get off parts of my face the yogurt sticks to the flakes. I have huuuuge pores and a layer of flakes on them. I have tried not putting anything on my skin for a while hoping it would repair my skin barrier, I'm gonna try it again. Have you tried changing up your diet and exercising? good luck!

Default Try non-fat yogurt

Quote Originally Posted by redfacegirl View Post
    Rubbing your skin all the time isn't good but I do it too. It's really addictive especially when you just want all the flakes to go away. Don't scrub! But you should stop rubbing and touching it I'm sure it won't be as irritated. My face looks pretty good when I wake up and throughout the day it gets worse too.I've never tried dead sea salt, did you end up trying it? I have rosacea and seb derm but seb derm is such a mystery for me. Relaxing and keeping my stress level under control helps me to not flare up and I have to try my best to avoid my triggers but I can't find anything that helps my seb derm. I've tried soo many creams from derms and natural things. Right now I've been using yogurt it makes my feel smooth but I don't think it's doing much for flakes. It's so hard to get off parts of my face the yogurt sticks to the flakes. I have huuuuge pores and a layer of flakes on them. I have tried not putting anything on my skin for a while hoping it would repair my skin barrier, I'm gonna try it again. Have you tried changing up your diet and exercising? good luck!
    Hey there,

Are you using non-fat yogurt? I'm been using goat's milk, nonfat organic yogurt, only 2 g of sugar, for a couple weeks and getting good results cutting through my awful biofilm. Not only are you getting the good bacteria, but also the lactic acid melts dead skin, so it's a good exfoliator without having to rub. I recommend not doing caveman. With SD, we need to control the yeast.
    Facial and Scalp Seb derm, Steroid cream induced Rosacea, tend to break out easily, very reactive, sensitive, allergic, malassezia gray biofilm.
    Using Celtic Sea Salt, couple pinches in large bowl of pure water. No cleansers. Chlorine shower filter.

Quote Originally Posted by paulywhite View Post
    Hey there,

Are you using non-fat yogurt? I'm been using goat's milk, nonfat organic yogurt, only 2 g of sugar, for a couple weeks and getting good results cutting through my awful biofilm. Not only are you getting the good bacteria, but also the lactic acid melts dead skin, so it's a good exfoliator without having to rub. I recommend not doing caveman. With SD, we need to control the yeast.
    Yes it was non-fat yogurt it was dannon brand it's natural. I stopped using it though, do you think I should start again? It's so hard to get off because it sticks to the flakes and I have to use so much water to get it off. My seb derm has gotten much worse but everything bothers it. What else do you use besides yogurt? Thanks for your reply!

Quote Originally Posted by redfacegirl View Post
    Yes it was non-fat yogurt it was dannon brand it's natural. I stopped using it though, do you think I should start again? It's so hard to get off because it sticks to the flakes and I have to use so much water to get it off. My seb derm has gotten much worse but everything bothers it. What else do you use besides yogurt? Thanks for your reply!
    My SD is really thick, and even worse on scalp. When I first put the yogurt on, I also had a bit of an issue rinsing off, so I mixed with organic aloe vera juice. Aloe is a good carrier also. This did help it rinse off better. I am not mixing with aloe now and I'm having no problem with the yogurt rinsing off with just a little added massaging for my scalp because of the hair factor, and my skin there is thicker so it can handle a little massaging. Another thing you might want to try is not leaving it on for too long, maybe keep it on for 30 min or less then rinse off. For rinsing, I get in shower for the main first rinse, then do a room temp rinse with distilled or spring water from a bowl for my face just to ensure I don't leave any hard water residue on from the shower that could potentially be an irritant.

I would keep using it unless you have an allergic reaction of some sort. Once your bio film and plaques start to thin, you might not have a rinse issue any longer.

Not sure if Danon is organic and how much sugar is in there. But I'm using organic and only has 2 g of sugar, this might also improve your results.

I'd been using organic raw honey for the past month, and it was soothing, but couldn't get through my bio film. I've had good results with aloe vera as well. You can use it to cleanse and leave on for a bit before rinsing off. Best results come straight from the leaf (inner fillet gel only - very important). Also very important, it will go rancid quickly so must refrigerate and use quickly or keep frozen. That was my problem in the past, had issues with the rancidity. Now, I have a brand I got from whole foods that only has 1% lemon juice added to help preserve and I always keep it cold if I want to apply on other parts of my body. Right now, I put nothing on my scalp or face but the yogurt and do a final rinse with distilled water.
    Last edited by paulywhite; 29th April 2014 at 06:24 PM.
    Facial and Scalp Seb derm, Steroid cream induced Rosacea, tend to break out easily, very reactive, sensitive, allergic, malassezia gray biofilm.
    Using Celtic Sea Salt, couple pinches in large bowl of pure water. No cleansers. Chlorine shower filter.

Oh I forgot I made this thread. To redface and paulywhite, I actually did caveman for all of 2013. This was before I learned what Seb Derm was or that I had it. Doing the caveman actually helped my skin heal a lot from past topical damage (creams, sun exposure) but the flaking got worse during this time since it was free to proliferate with nothing getting in it's way.

Anyway, I started the Honey treatment 9 days ago. I'm leaving out the Coconut Oil as from what I've read it seems like it would just feed the problem, any oil would. The Honey treatment seems to be working really well for the most part. This week my complexion has been improving every day to the point where it's almost perfect, inflammation has gone down and my pores have been feeling cleaner, like they can breathe better. The flaking hasn't stopped though. Last night something seemed to cause me to flare up and the flaking got really bad again. My diet is totally clean (paleo, no grains) except I'm still eating a lot of fruit so I should probably cut that out.

I'll keep using the Honey, it's supposed to take a few weeks to really get things under control so it may work on it's own, that remains to be seen. But you said that for you, the Honey wasn't able to get through the biofilm. In that case I'm considering adding Xylitol since it sounds like it is able to dissolve the biofilm, but your Yogurt/Aloe method sounds very intriguing so I'll consider that as well.

I don't have rosacea, but I do have a depleted barrier function on my cheeks and nose. A couple of years ago I used a very powerful prescription cream on my face for acne, I used too much and it basically burned off my barriers and left my face red as a tomato. This was when the Seb Derm took over my face (I also took antibiotics at the same time). All that damage and redness has healed now but my barriers haven't fully restored yet because they can't as long as the Seb Derm is proliferating on the surface of my skin. But luckily my skin has regained a lot of strength and moisture and it's not too sensitive to handle treatment anymore.

Im thinking in giving the honey method a try.
    Is organic the same as raw? I think it is but im not sure.
    Also, how should i put it in my cheeks?? Mixed with hot/cold water or alone?? For how much time?? Does it leave any greasy feel after the shower??

Id appreciate any help
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mauritius View Post
    Also, how should i put it in my cheeks?? Mixed with hot/cold water or alone?? For how much time?? Does it leave any greasy feel after the shower??

Id appreciate any help
    Thanks
    Hi Just read this, it will tell you all you need to know about what type of Honey to get and how to apply it http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...in-coconut-oil

Quote Originally Posted by mauritius View Post

Id appreciate any help
    Thanks
    I suggest you use it on a tiny spot of your chin first to see if there's any bad reaction or not.