Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this really Rosacea?

Default Is this really Rosacea?

Is this really rosacea? I feel like I've tried everything and nothing is working. The only thing that I noticed helped were antibiotics which reduced the visibility of the bumps. I only was on the antibiotics for 2 weeks and unfortunately had to stop due to breathing problems. Of course I'm more concerned with the pink skin rather than the the bumps. When I look close at my skin, I am so confused by these maps of slightly pink red skin in so many random places and why there are so many bumps. Is this really rosacea? I feel like I've had a hard time finding pictures of someone with rosacea that looks like my face and I've done a lot of looking for the past year since my skin started looking this way. But maybe rosacea is different for different people...or I'm being misdiagnosed? Please give me your input. Thank you

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/...g/IMG_0101.jpg
    http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/...g/IMG_0122.jpg
    http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/...g/IMG_0121.jpg

I'd appreciate some replies if someone could tell me if they think this is rosacea.

have you researched Keratosis pilaris?

you should visit a dermatologist for an expert opinion

Quote Originally Posted by shampoo View Post
    have you researched Keratosis pilaris?

you should visit a dermatologist for an expert opinion
    Thank you for your reply! I have researched every possible known skin disease to mankind everyday since my problems began.I have went back and forth between a few things and at one point thought maybe it was keratosis pilaris but am not too sure. I have keratosis pilaris on my arms and legs but it looks much different from my face's bumps. I have toyed with the idea of it being eczema, keratosis, rosacea, fungal/yeast problem on the skin, and even scarring left behind from rashes. I thought maybe they were rashes because I had even worse red skin in the areas that are pink now. The skin was somewhat raised from inflammation kind of like plaques and it felt so rough to touch and even looked like there were indentations on my skin- tons of them along with large open pores and much more bumpy looking skin. The skin at that time felt horrible. It lasted a month or two and it felt like hundreds of bugs crawling on my face constantly, for some time I couldn't even move my face much without pain, my skin felt so rough....it was terrifying. These symptoms were so intense.

I haven't trusted all the derms I went to because they didn't really look at me---I went to 4 and each one immediately told me it was acne rosacea without doing much investigating and looking at my face and really listening to the symptoms I went through. I actually asked the last derm are you sure? and he didn't even seem as sure as I thought he would pretend to be LOL.

So my point is I've given up on derms and I'm trying to find people on the net who've got advice. So do you think my skin looks like rosacea at all? The bumps visible in the photos are not as visible in real life but they seem to photograph pretty decently to really see what's on my face.

i hear ya on the Derms. they just want to keep you coming back to try new things. i swear MOST DR'S, arent trying to cure people or help them 100%. they make money by us being sick and having issues, not being healthy. Sad Truth. However, you should have a Derm take a skin sample to have sent to a lab for true testing and diagnosis. I have the same as you on my lower cheeks and i have been diagnosed with rosacea by a lab testing

Quote Originally Posted by rcb67 View Post
    i hear ya on the Derms. they just want to keep you coming back to try new things. i swear MOST DR'S, arent trying to cure people or help them 100%. they make money by us being sick and having issues, not being healthy. Sad Truth. However, you should have a Derm take a skin sample to have sent to a lab for true testing and diagnosis. I have the same as you on my lower cheeks and i have been diagnosed with rosacea by a lab testing
    That's what I think as well. It's so unfortunate. I actually think that spas and those people that work there are more willing to help you than a dermatologist who is a doctor! I actually tried twice to get the last derm I went to to give me a prescription paper to go to the lab for testing and he told me it was unnecessary and brushed it off. I thought lab testing couldn't tell you if you had rosacea and that it can only be diagnosed by looking at the skin? He said the only thing I could go to get tested is for fungal which would have been at least one thing I could have ruled out just to make me feel more at ease that I know what's going on.

Maybe you had a biopsy done and not a skin scraping?

Also, you say your skin looks a lot like mine....so you have these little tiny bumps? And a rough strange texture of your skin? Is the pink on your skin in strange maps and blotched areas and is it always there and permanent?

Quote Originally Posted by birdsing View Post
    That's what I think as well. It's so unfortunate. I actually think that spas and those people that work there are more willing to help you than a dermatologist who is a doctor! I actually tried twice to get the last derm I went to to give me a prescription paper to go to the lab for testing and he told me it was unnecessary and brushed it off. I thought lab testing couldn't tell you if you had rosacea and that it can only be diagnosed by looking at the skin? He said the only thing I could go to get tested is for fungal which would have been at least one thing I could have ruled out just to make me feel more at ease that I know what's going on.

Maybe you had a biopsy done and not a skin scraping?

Also, you say your skin looks a lot like mine....so you have these little tiny bumps? And a rough strange texture of your skin? Is the pink on your skin in strange maps and blotched areas and is it always there and permanent?
    It looks a bit like Seborrhoeic dermatitis to me. Did any doctor mention that possibility?

-Dave-

birdsing,

We're reluctant to diagnose here, since we then run the risk of putting someone's nose out of joint.

IMO derms are worthless. I found my answers through being my own "guinea pig". Sum total distillation available if you follow my signature.

G
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by flying_er View Post
    It looks a bit like Seborrhoeic dermatitis to me. Did any doctor mention that possibility?

-Dave-
    No because no doctor really listened to me. I could tell each derm diagnosed me upon first glance and were set on their diagnosis right away without listening to my symptoms and looking closer at my skin. Thank you for telling me what you think. I have thought about it also maybe being seb derm. Can you tell me why you think it looks like it?

I really need to start trying to figure it out myself because no derm has been able to really help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    birdsing,

We're reluctant to diagnose here, since we then run the risk of putting someone's nose out of joint.

IMO derms are worthless. I found my answers through being my own "guinea pig". Sum total distillation available if you follow my signature.

G
    I realize that's probably why people are reluctant to respond but I really am open to any ideas and help and thoughts without taking it too seriously. I just have been out of luck with derms and have been experimenting on myself also as you have mentioned with many products and things and now I'm trying to see if people out there have an opinions/thoughts I can take into consideration and new ideas I can try.

I am glad there are people like you who have posted things that worked for them. I am going to look further into your regimen on your profile.