Thread: Protein and Enzymes Are Causes of Rosacea?

Default Protein and Enzymes Are Causes of Rosacea?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0805161110.htm

So, what's this article mean? I find it interesting that I have taken routine blood tests my whole life with everything always normal. Then this year I somehow got rosacea and very badly! I am still dealing with it. I went to a doctor for a blood test when it was at it's worst and was told I had higher than normal blood protein particularly the albumin level and she wanted to further test my protein levels but I was unable to since I switched insurance and they had some policy. When I read this article, the stuff written about protein struck me. What could this mean? Any ideas how to lower blood protein if that is in fact the cause for rosacea?...The article also states that elevated levels of enzymes are the culprit....how does one lower their enzyme levels as well?

Quote Originally Posted by birdsing View Post
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0805161110.htm

So, what's this article mean? I find it interesting that I have taken routine blood tests my whole life with everything always normal. Then this year I somehow got rosacea and very badly! I am still dealing with it. I went to a doctor for a blood test when it was at it's worst and was told I had higher than normal blood protein particularly the albumin level and she wanted to further test my protein levels but I was unable to since I switched insurance and they had some policy. When I read this article, the stuff written about protein struck me. What could this mean? Any ideas how to lower blood protein if that is in fact the cause for rosacea?...The article also states that elevated levels of enzymes are the culprit....how does one lower their enzyme levels as well?
    This is old news. Came out in 2007. For more info.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

I was just looking at my blood test results from June 2011 (I was diagnosed in april with rosacea) although my protien levels were not considered high the normal range says it is 5.4-7.8 and mine were 7.2, looking back to march 2008 (before rosacea) protien levels were 6.5, I wonder if this means something?/

Quote Originally Posted by amethystice215 View Post
    I was just looking at my blood test results from June 2011 (I was diagnosed in april with rosacea) although my protien levels were not considered high the normal range says it is 5.4-7.8 and mine were 7.2, looking back to march 2008 (before rosacea) protien levels were 6.5, I wonder if this means something?/
    I wonder also if this means something. So, you were diagnosed in April...how bad is your rosacea? My protein is at 10 according to my blood tests in August. I did read somewhere that protein level in the blood can become raised if there is an inflammation. And Rosacea is considered an inflammation of the skin....So, I'm not sure if protein is the culprit or if the rosacea causes the protein level to elevate, but according to the article I posted, it's possible the protein in the blood causes the redness...now if we only knew what could be done to lower our protein blood levels just to see if it would affect the rosacea....

I would consider my rosacea fairly mild at the moment, lots of broken capillaries, dry/oily, flushing, and occasional pandp's. but when I first went in to the doctor it was far from mild, lots of bumps everywhere on my cheeks, very very red, dry/oily, constant redness and lots of flushing, and broken capillaries everywhere.