Default Healing salve gives hope!

These are very interesting!

http://www.marijuana.com/medicinal-m...-eczema-3.html

http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v04.n1222.a09.html

http://www.theatlantic.com/daily-dis...eczema/187194/

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0607171120.htm

And last but not least!

http://patients4medicalmarijuana.wor...healing-salve/

I will make this salve around 8 jan and I must admit it feels more promising than anything I´ve heard or got prescribed from any of the specialized doctors I´ve visited.

If anyone have experice with the ingredients or the making of this salve it would be interesting to hear! For example the coconut oil, how does this make your skin react? Would it maybe be better with olive oil?

Have a nice day!

Holy sh*t researchers really are looking into it.

Well, not point in waiting for an FDA approved THC cream to hit our local pharmacy. They have a sh*t load of bureaucracy to go through before they can get something like that licensed in Europe. Might as well self-experiment…

This sounds promising. Looking forward to hearing about your results.

IMO coconut oil would be more effective to use as a base for a cream. It turns into a solid paste when cooled down (room temperature) and melts when heated (body temperature). It also has some antifungal and antibacterial properties which some people on here are making use of.

I know there is THC based lotions you can locate across Canada. I remember giving one to a friend once because i thought it was awesome. Also when i traveled through Europe while I was in amsterdam I went to a local fair and found weed based products for literally everything. I remember buying Tea and Shampoo but im sure they had lotions and creams too.

Never once considered trying these on my skin as a treatment

Weed for seb-derm? As an addict I doubt it. That sounds like rationalizing use to me. I've still got the leaves tatted on my arm and still think it's a great medicine, but I don't think it's a wonder-drug. I doubt that there's anything magical about weed that's helping with your seb-derm. Maybe it's helping you lower your stress? Have you tried meditation? You can't smoke weed every day unless you want to be a retard (trust me here...) so maybe try meditation on the days where you don't smoke. 20 min a day is good, but start with 10 so you don't give up on it. It takes a good month for your brain to rewire to the point where you actually feel less stressed. Trust me--it's worth it. Look on youtube for some free meditations. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmon912 View Post
    Weed for seb-derm? As an addict I doubt it. That sounds like rationalizing use to me. I've still got the leaves tatted on my arm and still think it's a great medicine, but I don't think it's a wonder-drug. I doubt that there's anything magical about weed that's helping with your seb-derm. Maybe it's helping you lower your stress? Have you tried meditation? You can't smoke weed every day unless you want to be a retard (trust me here...) so maybe try meditation on the days where you don't smoke. 20 min a day is good, but start with 10 so you don't give up on it. It takes a good month for your brain to rewire to the point where you actually feel less stressed. Trust me--it's worth it. Look on youtube for some free meditations. Good luck.
    Thanks for your thoughts on this Tmon. I would very much prefer an answer to why my dermatitis disappears during periods that I smoke weed, that did not include weed. The reason for this is that I thrust you on the retard point.. I just can´t. ''

The "magic" seems to be called Endocannabinoides, and their receptors in our bodies. Se http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0607171120.htm

The advice on meditation appeals to me. I´ve heard it before but this time I will give it a proper try. Thank you

Happy new year folks

Quote Originally Posted by Nevink View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts on this Tmon. I would very much prefer an answer to why my dermatitis disappears during periods that I smoke weed, that did not include weed. The reason for this is that I thrust you on the retard point.. I just can´t. ''

The "magic" seems to be called Endocannabinoides, and their receptors in our bodies. Se http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0607171120.htm

The advice on meditation appeals to me. I´ve heard it before but this time I will give it a proper try. Thank you

Happy new year folks
    Happy new year to you too! I actually used to grow weed for clubs, so I understand the medicinal values quite well. I'm not saying that there's no substance that can help seb-derm in weed; I'm suggesting that those effects might be mitigated by other chemicals in weed...there are quite a few different chemicals in there. Also, "weed" is a very broad term: the constituents of a batch will vary from strain to strain, and even between phenotypes. I used to have different strains that had totally different effects on pain, inflammation, etc. It's a pity that researchers don't isolate the useful chemicals and find a way to administer them....that would help.

P.S. Good luck with your meditations, should you choose to do them!

You have to understand that "seborrhoeic dermatitis" has many distinct symptoms each with its own unique etiology (cause).

The remission of your scaly, flaky skin is more than likely the result of your move and not the marijuana. I would assume that the relative humidity is higher in Oslo than it is in Southern Sweden. If so, this would help to explain your remission because higher relative humidity increases your skin's ability to retain water, and water is the "modulating" factor in "desquamation"; basically what this means is that your skin cells cannot flake or slough off naturally without adequate amounts of water.

As for the "tingling" sensation that you experience, this is, of course, symptomatic of seborrhoeic dermatitis, but its etiology, although probably related in some part to the change in relative humidity, is more likely psychological in origin, which would help explain why marijuana reduces this anxiety-induced inflammatory response in your skin.

If possible, try traveling back to Southern Sweden but continue ingesting marijuana. If your seb derm returns, you will know that it's the relative humidity and not the marijuana which has "cured" your condition. Of course, you could always stop ingesting marijuana for a little while in Oslo and see if the seb derm returns, but that is only if you feel comfortable doing so.

Additionally, it's important that you realize this "tingling" sensation is not necessarily an indication that your seb derm will return. It's probably just anxiety-induced inflammation and many people who do not suffer from seb derm experience it. If you just make an effort to remain calm, it should pass and over time you'll become less susceptible to experiencing it. I would suggest moderate and regular exercise to help reduce anxiety.

Default Any luck with the cream?

Hey Nevink,
    Did you make the cream and if so what are your results?

when you smoke sum weed how long does it keep the SD at bay?

Default hhmmm??

my bf smokes weed a couple of times a month and i have just asked him how he would feel me smoking it for a while to see if it helps and hes all for it as long as i do it with him that way he knows im safe but i have a question.. how long before u noticed changes and if so how long does it go away/ into submission for?? im so deppressed and down and never want to do anything that involves meting up with people or being in public because i feel that people stare. if this rele does help (as im not expecting this to b a cure) im all up for trying it and getting my bloody life back.