I have recently started a regimen of Vaseline at the eyelash base, as well as facial exfoliating, and tea tree shampoo. I have demodex mites in my scalp, eyebrows, and eyelashes. Since starting this, my itching feels like it has multiplied and is more intense. I see millions of black things all over my pillow in the morning and my face is just horribly itchy. I feel like since I started doing this it made the mites 1000x even worse. But could it be a good thing? And if so, how long do I have to endure this? My face is so dry and sore from washing and I can't get relief of this itch. Also for some reason now I feel the mites in my nose and all over my body? Should I be using a tea tree soap and facial soap and lotion as well? I don't know what lotion to use because I am scared if I use anything moisturizing they will just come back. This is very upsetting. I don't even know how this happened. I thought I had that hair pulling disorder and accepted my fate, only to find out it wasn't in my head and the itching was very real.