Thread: Seborrhoeic dermatitis - What helps me: marijuana

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Seborrhoeic dermatitis - What helps me: marijuana

Dear fellow humans

Iīve had this diagnose for seven years and I am 23. The first years were very tough. Two years ago I moved abroad. Until this point the dermatitis bloomed about once a week. Now it suddenly stopped.

The biggest obstacle between me and happiness just collapsed. I Didnīt dare to believe it but as the weeks passed I grew as a person in a way I never thought possible. My confidence raised every day and for the first time I felt very goodlooking. My life and I changed so dramaticly that my friends barely recognised me any more when I visited them.

I tried to find the reason for the change. I didnīt try hard because I was afraid to just think about it, in case it would be triggered by that. The most frustrating thing had been the unpredictiveness of the disease. I was thinking about the weather, the diet and mostly the psycological change of leaving the home town and be free for the first time.

Whenever I spent a week home on vacation, I got it back.

During the period of two years that I lived abroad, I smoked weed. I suspected this being the reason but it sounded so unreal. I wasnīt sure if I was supposed to be happy to have found a cure, or unhappy because of the nature of the cure.

Eventually, when I decided to stop smoking weed, I saw the conection clearly.

The last five months Iīve experimented with it and yes. This IS the ONLY thing that helps me.

Now i wonder if this applies for more people on this forum? And if anyone knows any medicament with marijuana extract or similar that works.

Take care

I am the exact opposite, smoking pot causes me to flare up.

Could it be the different humidity in the air? I know when i traveled Europe alot of my symptoms went away. A few days after returning home my symptoms returned because of the dry air.

Default Humidity

Quote Originally Posted by ziggR View Post
    I am the exact opposite, smoking pot causes me to flare up.

Could it be the different humidity in the air? I know when i traveled Europe alot of my symptoms went away. A few days after returning home my symptoms returned because of the dry air.
    The humidity is different. I moved from south of Sweden to Oslo. Though as soon as I didnīt smoke, it only took upto a week before I felt that tiny itch beside my nose, which tells me that itīs time.

For me there is a difference between hasch and weed. When I smoke hasch I sometimes also flare up.

Default Anyone more?

Every day I check for replies to my thread but I get none. I would really like to hear if anyone else have experienced similar or different effects on their seb derm from marijuana.

I know that the best way to deal with this disease, psychologically and socially, is to not let it bother you. Not let it control your life. This is an easy advice to give but a lot more difficult to adapt. When I look in the mirror and my face is all red, with yellow scales around my nose and in my eyebrows, I just canīt avoid being bothered by it.

There are negative aspects with smoking weed, thatīs why I mostly see this solution as something that can lead to no good. I might have the power to escape from the suffering, but at a great cost.

I am interested to hear what your answer would be to the following question

If you could be happy, really happy, for just a while, but you knew from the start that it would end in sadness, and bring pain afterwards, would you choose to have that happiness or would you avoid it?

youre effing lucky man that weed is your cure..... and no theres is minimal to NO negatives of marijuana

i dont have seb derm but i have a blushing issue ( i dont think its rosacea tho.. not sure) and when i smoke weed me cheeks get a tiny but flushed but not all that bad.... it might just be in my mind tho as when im stoned i notice all the little things

Quote Originally Posted by heyjoe View Post
    youre effing lucky man that weed is your cure..... and no theres is minimal to NO negatives of marijuana

i dont have seb derm but i have a blushing issue ( i dont think its rosacea tho.. not sure) and when i smoke weed me cheeks get a tiny but flushed but not all that bad.... it might just be in my mind tho as when im stoned i notice all the little things
    The negative effects are few. Iīve just started study though and the weed tend to make me loose my concentration on the studies, you probably recognise what i mean. Of course I can handle this, just smoke after Iīve done my homework for example. Iīm not sure if I will be required to increase the dose gradualy?

What I study also requires me to be drugfree, I did a regular pee check a month ago, had been clean for a few weeks so no problem. Am still clean and my seb derm is worse than ever. I can handle this as well, the pee checks will only be during the practical trainings..

How long will this flushing stay on your cheeks? Anything else you know that makes you flush the same way?

Merry Christmas !

Default Sorry to necro an old thread, but...

Sorry to open such an old post again, but when it comes to solving our terrible skin condition, I think we can all agree to bend the usual rules.

I can completely attest to the beneficial effects of marijuana on rosacea. I've been suffering with rosacea that comes and goes to various degrees since I've been about 16. I occasionally smoked pot here and there (maybe a few times out of the year) but was never really interested in it. I recently went back to my home town to visit family and friends, I ended up spending the majority of the time with a friend of mine who is quite the stoner (albeit the functional type that maintains a healthy balance in life activities) and ended up smoking almost every day for a month. Amazingly, my rosacea COMPLETELY vanished. This was in Hawaii so we were also going to the beach which means sun, salt, and all the chemicals in sunscreen. Not ONCE did I flair up. Sure enough I got back to Taipei after the month of smoking in Hawaii, and within a day the symptoms came back (pot is very illegal in Asia). It was driving me wild trying to figure out what could be causing it as I am very careful with mold, cleanliness, and health in Taipei, and in Hawaii I didn't even think about what type of face wash or shampoo I was using (very generic stuff containing sulphates etc). Finally when it occurred to me that it could have been the pot, I googled it and found quite a few cases of individuals as surprised as myself that marijuana was their saviour for an otherwise incurable, barely treatable condition that can make social life a living hell.

Unfortunately I'll have to leave my life in Taipei if I want to treat my skin condition in a healthy and natural way. The only option out here is a Pimecrolimus cream. It works, but it makes my face burn like hell on earth for up to 24 hours following even a light application. I think that's evidence enough to say my body is rejecting said medicine. It's just so ****ed up all the ways marijuana can help people yet it's still illegal due to ignorance, prejudice, or corporate greed

P.S. I would not choose to smoke marijuana more than perhaps a few times a year if it were not for rosacea, please do not think I'm a stoner looking for any positive light to shed on pot.

Default Once again

Hello everybody,

Now Iīm back on this forum again. Stopped smoking weed again weeks ago and the symptoms that have been away for about six months of smoking are now back to what they used to be. Iīve tried bending the options back and forth to figure out what else might have effected it but this time Iīm even more sure. Still not recommending anyone to start smoking for the possibility of keeping this **** away but for me it changed my life. When it disappeared the first time for a long period like this (at 20 yrs old, Iīm now 25) I finally got the chance to build my confidence up. Well, I wish there was some functioning salve making the dilemma a whole lot easier.

Bless you!