Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seborrhoeic dermatitis - What helps me: marijuana

Lightbulb Seborrhoeic dermatitis - What helps me: marijuana

Dear fellow humans

Iīve had this diagnose for seven years and I am 23. The first years were very tough. Two years ago I moved abroad. Until this point the dermatitis bloomed about once a week. Now it suddenly stopped.

The biggest obstacle between me and happiness just collapsed. I Didnīt dare to believe it but as the weeks passed I grew as a person in a way I never thought possible. My confidence raised every day and for the first time I felt very goodlooking. My life and I changed so dramaticly that my friends barely recognised me any more when I visited them.

I tried to find the reason for the change. I didnīt try hard because I was afraid to just think about it, in case it would be triggered by that. The most frustrating thing had been the unpredictiveness of the disease. I was thinking about the weather, the diet and mostly the psycological change of leaving the home town and be free for the first time.

Whenever I spent a week home on vacation, I got it back.

During the period of two years that I lived abroad, I smoked weed. I suspected this being the reason but it sounded so unreal. I wasnīt sure if I was supposed to be happy to have found a cure, or unhappy because of the nature of the cure.

Eventually, when I decided to stop smoking weed, I saw the conection clearly.

The last five months Iīve experimented with it and yes. This IS the ONLY thing that helps me.

Now i wonder if this applies for more people on this forum? And if anyone knows any medicament with marijuana extract or similar that works.

Take care

I am the exact opposite, smoking pot causes me to flare up.

Could it be the different humidity in the air? I know when i traveled Europe alot of my symptoms went away. A few days after returning home my symptoms returned because of the dry air.

Default Humidity

Quote Originally Posted by ziggR View Post
    I am the exact opposite, smoking pot causes me to flare up.

Could it be the different humidity in the air? I know when i traveled Europe alot of my symptoms went away. A few days after returning home my symptoms returned because of the dry air.
    The humidity is different. I moved from south of Sweden to Oslo. Though as soon as I didnīt smoke, it only took upto a week before I felt that tiny itch beside my nose, which tells me that itīs time.

For me there is a difference between hasch and weed. When I smoke hasch I sometimes also flare up.

Default Anyone more?

Every day I check for replies to my thread but I get none. I would really like to hear if anyone else have experienced similar or different effects on their seb derm from marijuana.

I know that the best way to deal with this disease, psychologically and socially, is to not let it bother you. Not let it control your life. This is an easy advice to give but a lot more difficult to adapt. When I look in the mirror and my face is all red, with yellow scales around my nose and in my eyebrows, I just canīt avoid being bothered by it.

There are negative aspects with smoking weed, thatīs why I mostly see this solution as something that can lead to no good. I might have the power to escape from the suffering, but at a great cost.

I am interested to hear what your answer would be to the following question

If you could be happy, really happy, for just a while, but you knew from the start that it would end in sadness, and bring pain afterwards, would you choose to have that happiness or would you avoid it?

youre effing lucky man that weed is your cure..... and no theres is minimal to NO negatives of marijuana

i dont have seb derm but i have a blushing issue ( i dont think its rosacea tho.. not sure) and when i smoke weed me cheeks get a tiny but flushed but not all that bad.... it might just be in my mind tho as when im stoned i notice all the little things

Quote Originally Posted by heyjoe View Post
    youre effing lucky man that weed is your cure..... and no theres is minimal to NO negatives of marijuana

i dont have seb derm but i have a blushing issue ( i dont think its rosacea tho.. not sure) and when i smoke weed me cheeks get a tiny but flushed but not all that bad.... it might just be in my mind tho as when im stoned i notice all the little things
    The negative effects are few. Iīve just started study though and the weed tend to make me loose my concentration on the studies, you probably recognise what i mean. Of course I can handle this, just smoke after Iīve done my homework for example. Iīm not sure if I will be required to increase the dose gradualy?

What I study also requires me to be drugfree, I did a regular pee check a month ago, had been clean for a few weeks so no problem. Am still clean and my seb derm is worse than ever. I can handle this as well, the pee checks will only be during the practical trainings..

How long will this flushing stay on your cheeks? Anything else you know that makes you flush the same way?

Merry Christmas !

I did smoke weed a long long time ago, (like 18 years ) when I was a teen (never for long periods at a time though), it didn't change my seb derm situation as far as I can remember.

There are negative effects, don't underestimate them. Weed can make you paranoid, or mentally unstable. And it can become a serious addiction.

Weed has a similar effect on me. It pretty much takes away most of my symptoms; itchiness, redness, inflammation and makes the seb derm less visible. I donít even need that much. A couple of hits of some potent stuff is enough to suppress my symptoms for a good 18 hours or so. After that everything comes back gradually. I think itís the anti inflammatory properties of the cannabinoids and that you feel calm and-anxiety free from the buzz.

Itís hard to not think about seb derm on a daily basis as you can really feel its presence on your face or at least I can. When my skin is clear my face feels different. Weed helps with this feeling as well.

I went to Uni abroad for a while and had some friends who were habitual smokers so I was smoking a lot more at the time. Everytime I went back home (I am from northern Europe) the Seb derm would get worse. At first I thought it was the change in climate to colder/dries or the harder water or whatever else I could think of but I think weed played a major role.

I would smoke proactively before going out with friends as I wouldnít have to worry about it flaring. Donít get me wrong I liked the buzz too.

Havenít had any in a while though as I have moved back and itís not around me to the same degree (none of my current friends smoke). I have been busy working as well so havenít really been looking either but yeah I would probably smoke more If there was an abundance of it around here as it does help.
    Last edited by ADM_K; 25th December 2011 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ADM_K View Post
    Weed has a similar effect on me. It pretty much takes away most of my symptoms; itchiness, redness, inflammation and makes the seb derm less visible. I donít even need that much. A couple of hits of some potent stuff is enough to suppress my symptoms for a good 18 hours or so. After that everything comes back gradually. I think itís the anti inflammatory properties of the cannabinoids and that you feel calm and-anxiety free from the buzz.

Itís hard to not think about seb derm on a daily basis as you can really feel its presence on your face or at least I can. When my skin is clear my face feels different. Weed helps with this feeling as well.

I went to Uni abroad for a while and had some friends who were habitual smokers so I was smoking a lot more at the time. Everytime I went back home (I am from northern Europe) the Seb derm would get worse. At first I thought it was the change in climate to colder/dries or the harder water or whatever else I could think of but I think weed played a major role.

I would smoke proactively before going out with friends as I wouldnít have to worry about it flaring. Donít get me wrong I liked the buzz too.

Havenít had any in a while though as I have moved back and itís not around me to the same degree (none of my current friends smoke). I have been busy working as well so havenít really been looking either but yeah I would probably smoke more If there was an abundance of it around here as it does help.
    Interesting.

"I think itís the anti inflammatory properties of the cannabinoids and that you feel calm and-anxiety free from the buzz"

The anti inflammatory properties should be possible to gain from a skincream with cannabis extract? I know The Body Shop have a series of hemp products, but none for the face. Have asked in several countries but "to strong for the face".

A guy got busted a month ago in the customs for bringing 1 kg of weed. The newspaper wrote: "He claims the weed was supposed to be used to cooking tea, which helped against eczema in his scalp and face". My mother read the article told me "Maybe weed would help your seb derm". I froze but reclaimed my frame before I laughed a response. She was joking but didnīt know how right she was

The calm and anxiety free feeling, the feeling of being in the now, I as well suspect to be an important factor. Iīve tried to access this feeling without the drug. Eckhart Tolle, author of "The Power of Now", brings up this subject in his fantastic book. He explains how the roots for many of our diseases are the way our mind works. The act of letting the mind live in the past or in the future and worrying about these, cause such stress in the body that these symptoms break out.

What he writes sounds so natural and true to me that it has changed the way I see not only my seb derm, but my life in general, to the better. It is not easy to get control of your mind but I try. The weed cuts the worrying parts of my mind off like a professional hairdresser.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevink View Post
    Interesting.

"I think itís the anti inflammatory properties of the cannabinoids and that you feel calm and-anxiety free from the buzz"

The anti inflammatory properties should be possible to gain from a skincream with cannabis extract? I know The Body Shop have a series of hemp products, but none for the face. Have asked in several countries but "to strong for the face".

A guy got busted a month ago in the customs for bringing 1 kg of weed. The newspaper wrote: "He claims the weed was supposed to be used to cooking tea, which helped against eczema in his scalp and face". My mother read the article told me "Maybe weed would help your seb derm". I froze but reclaimed my frame before I laughed a response. She was joking but didnīt know how right she was

The calm and anxiety free feeling, the feeling of being in the now, I as well suspect to be an important factor. Iīve tried to access this feeling without the drug. Eckhart Tolle, author of "The Power of Now", brings up this subject in his fantastic book. He explains how the roots for many of our diseases are the way our mind works. The act of letting the mind live in the past or in the future and worrying about these, cause such stress in the body that these symptoms break out.

What he writes sounds so natural and true to me that it has changed the way I see not only my seb derm, but my life in general, to the better. It is not easy to get control of your mind but I try. The weed cuts the worrying parts of my mind off like a professional hairdresser.

Interesting he gave eczema as an excuse for trying to bring in Cannabis. Iím sure people in his situation give all kinds of different excusesÖ but eczema seems a bit specific and farfetched to use as an excuse if it didnít have some truth to it. Maybe he was being honest. Well to the authorities itís all the same.
    I have never made tea or ingested it. Kind of makes you want to try though.

Sure feels like this disease is becoming more common as you hear stuff like that and read about different cures and diets.
    Or we subconsciously just hone in on everything on the subject I guess.

Yeah one should be able to get the benefits of it without getting high. Never seen hemp cream before, though Iím sure if it included THC or a derivative of it would be highly illegal to market as a cream. Not even sure what it is in the weed thatís working in our favors. A lot of research is done on its use for medicinal purposes and is available online but I havenít seen anything about weed and Seb Derm or skin issues. Nevertheless, the results Iíve seen on myself are convincing enough.

Yeah nothing beats the carefree feeling you get from weed. Need to pick up that book sounds like a good read. I also think stress is a factor. Psychologically and chemically, with release of cortisol and what not.