Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is IPL right for my rosacea?

Make sure to discuss expectations in length with your doctor. I hate the fact that we are told no down time. The skin takes time to heal, no matter how you look at it. I'm always told, "everything will be good in 24 to 48 hours" but it can take weeks for the skin to settle down again.

I have had 13 ipls. They do work. But you have to do maintenance ipls. At least two a year. That's after the initial 3 to 6 to start with. You must do maintenance, because it will come back.it doesnt stop the flushing. It just helps with the side effects from flushing-heat,burning,swelling and redness.Nothing will stop the flushing. If someone invented something that would he would be rich because he would have cured rosacea. Because rosacea is flushing and the the side effects are redness,tightness,burning,swelling and breakouts
    Last edited by V70r; 19th January 2012 at 11:31 PM.

The thing with me is, I don't flush a lot anymore. Now I'm just trying to clean up the residual redness and broken capillaries. I've just a little 2 weeks out from my IPL treatment and feel like the IPL made things worse. I could just be crazy but going to give it time to heal.

How do you mean damaged? I don't believe it is possible to cause any damage. An ipl is just a beam of light . How much did you scale up? The more scaling(scabing) the more redness you had from capillaries.the skin has to heal. Some people heal faster than others. Mine took between 3 to 4 weeks. It's a must to keep your skin moisturized after an ipl to minimize oil production and to keep from getting dermatidese.

Example, there was one vein she hit that made it turn purple. I thought "great, its going to fade!" It started to but now the vein looks worse!

As for "It's a must to keep your skin moisturized after an ipl to minimize oil production and to keep from getting dermatidese." I do have oily nose and was just told today to moisturize the skin. What is dermatidese? Is it reversible if I start using mostirizer? My nose is just so hypersensitive. I went to see the nurse that did the treatment today. She said that after IPL the veins are done, there is no worry. She said once the light hits there is nothing going on underneath the skin after. I was like "how could there not be some action still going on?" My nose was not this flush before and now it looks so much worse. Very inflamed and fluses and the veins look way worse. She told me to apply moisturizer and to give it more time for it to heal. It's frustrating because I just want it to get better.

Thanks!!!!!

Hi what should my expectations be of IPL and/or laser treatment in treating flushing and redness?

Information from the Burghley Park Clinic website seems to suggest that possible laser/light treatment may be available for flushing, presumably this relates to the severity of the flushing?

I have posted a question on the Q&A section for Dr Crouch to see what he advises before I go to see him in person in March. Hope I have made the right decision by going to see him!

Brasil,

You must use moisturizer after an ipl. The heat burns the layers of skin. It will take time for your skin to regenerate and heal itself.use a good moisturizer/sunblock because without something protecting your skin, you could do more damage.

Wannabe,

I think everyone says the samething. Everyone will get different results. Vbeam is better for the capillaries you can see and the ipl is better for the general redness. But I believe there is a magic number on many you need to get. I would start with at least 5 and make sure I have enough money for 10

Quote Originally Posted by V70r View Post
    Brasil,

You must use moisturizer after an ipl. The heat burns the layers of skin. It will take time for your skin to regenerate and heal itself.use a good moisturizer/sunblock because without something protecting your skin, you could do more damage.

Thanks. Right now I'm only using a good sunblock. What moisturizer would you recommend, what product would you recommend in general? Also, how long before the skin regenerates? I'm officially 13 days since the IPL treatment. I was thinking about purchasing rosaliac for the moisturizer. Also, as far as making things worse...are you saying things like hyperpigmantation? Or more veins? I just hope I haven't made things worse already.

My nose just looks like its inflamed. I wish I could also slow down on working out, however, because of knee surgery and my running background I have been in intensive training. Hopefully this won't make matters worse.

I guess I just need time.

Thanks!
    Last edited by brasileirao; 23rd January 2012 at 08:38 PM.

You can get hyperpigmintation right after an ipl. The skin is very sensitive to light, even fluorescent light. I have used the same face lotion for over 10 yrs. Eucerin everyday face lotion SPF 30. It's for sensitive skin.