Thread: Age and Facial blushing.

Default Age and Facial blushing.

Does Facial Blushing/flushing go as you get older? or is it for life? im currently turning 20 in 2weeks time and really curious because its starting to have serious effects on my social life.
    (im currently on propran along side some other meds and it does help but it still happens at times.)

P.s if everyone could name anything that stops it in the mean time please let me know (precription medications/vbeam/laser/botox etc)

All your input is apriciated thank you.

Default Re: Facial blushing with age

Hi,

If it is really starting to get worse, and become socially bothersome, you may want to investigate a surgical procedure (ETS) (Endoscopic Transthoracic Sympathectomy) where they cut the nerves to your autonomic system. It's pretty extreme, but it WILL stop you from further blushing. Also, there are side effects.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine 215 View Post
    Hi,

If it is really starting to get worse, and become socially bothersome, you may want to investigate a surgical procedure (ETS) (Endoscopic Transthoracic Sympathectomy) where they cut the nerves to your autonomic system. It's pretty extreme, but it WILL stop you from further blushing. Also, there are side effects.

Thanks,
    Well, not quite. Not everyone is happy with the results of ETS.

Find your triggers, especially the long ones (e.g. not something that makes you flush right away upon ingestion; it's tricky...). I found mine to be the very popular, common foods: bread, pasta; all kinds of wheat stuff, in other words. Look to Atkins or Paleo diet for things that don't drive your blood sugar crazy. You can find a lot of information on line.

How do you find out what is a long term trigger? You have to eliminate the suspects cold turkey for at least a month and see how you're doing. Half way measures don't work.

I saw rosacea referred to as "diabetes of the skin" and I thought "sh!t, that's it!"
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Yes investigate investigate and then do more investigating! I had ets when I was 22 in Sweden and it DID NOT WORK! I've yet to hear many it did workout for but plenty that had horrendous compensatory sweating. It left me unable to sweat on my face or raise my heart rate properly during a workout. It's an absolutely ridiculous idea that it could ever be that simple cut one nerve and solve one problem. The sympathetic nervous system is too complex for that. It is involved in our emotions and physicality and I wish I had never had it done. If you do you will spend the rest of your life wondering if every health problem big or small is related to that and it will drive you crazy trust me! I know this is tough and you want there to be a magic cure but there isn't but you will find something that helps, I found ipl helped me some aswell as changing my diet but the biggest change has to be your own attitude.