Thread: Part of the site dedicated to voting on supplements and treatments? Donate button?

Default Part of the site dedicated to voting on supplements and treatments? Donate button?

I've looked on the internet for hundreds of hours thanks to this frustrating disease and I think this is the best site out there. Although, I'm wondering a couple of things..

1) Why no place to vote on treatments, supplements, etc? They have voting for products, but nothing else, as far as I can tell. Why not add voting for those to the voting section of the site since it's already architected?
    2) And, why no donate button? Or, is there one? I would totally donate time and/or money but I don't see a link. Rosacea.Org has a donate page...is that you guys?

Anyhow, thanks for everything. You guys are awesome!

Default I trust them

Thanks, Arnold. I feel like a kook writing stuff like that, though, I hope somebody will listen. The charity question is a tough one. On one hand it might discourage some people from joining since they might think it's a scam, but that's normally only a problem if emails begging for money are sent out. I think an option to join such an email group or having a donate button would be helpful. The people running this site seem to be very trustworthy, and beyond that and some basic accountability, I don't know what else we can ask for. I mean, much of fighting this facial pest comes down to us. Corporations are short-term money making machines by law. That means they look to make custom molecules and formulas that they can patent and sell for a mint. I'm for doing things as naturally as possible. For instance, the "cause" (so they claim) of rosacea was discovered at UCSD and I'll admit what they found does look promising. Too much cathelicidin was found in rosacea patients. This and stratum corneum tryptic enzymes seem to combine to form a new beast molecule, the one that causes the overreaction to foods, sun, etc. They put it in mice and it basically gave the mice rosacea. So what have they done with that knowledge? Jack **** as far as I can tell. I'm sure there are natural ways to fight those imbalances. For instance, I read a study that said that vitamin D cause cathelicidin to go up. OK, well everything that makes it go up is something to avoid since we have too much of it already. Things like that could be studied. But they won't happen on their own. It will take organization and commitment from us. Companies will NEVER study the effect of diet and herbs on that molecule or any other theory--they can't patent those things. That's why I think even though there might be some ethical concerns, we should put our trust in the nice people that run this site, as well as any people willing to do that research. I think that as long as the goals for the funds given is stated, and some proof of them being used for that can be seen, that's good enough. What do you think?

We do have a successes thread where people list out what helps them. But we are always open to suggestions, or just go ahead and start the vote thread, I believe you can add it to the start of a thread.

With regards the donate button well that just hasn't been necessary and would add another dimension to the forum. We dont want to be responsible for raising funds and organising research

Quote Originally Posted by phlika29 View Post
    We do have a successes thread where people list out what helps them. But we are always open to suggestions, or just go ahead and start the vote thread, I believe you can add it to the start of a thread.

With regards the donate button well that just hasn't been necessary and would add another dimension to the forum. We dont want to be responsible for raising funds and organising research
    Thanks for the response. I will checkout that thread you mentioned. Also, I understand the not raising funds part. It would be a lot more work.