Hi All,

I can't seem to find a mention on the forum about these products, but I wanted to post something because they really helped me. It might sound like I work for them, but they are a small company and in the current economic climate all small companies are at risk and I would be pretty gutted if I couldn't get my cream anymore!

Thanks to the really helpful information I found on here, I started seeing Prof Chu a year or so ago (privately at first and then on the Nhs). I asked Prof Chu for a recommendation of some cream to use and he suggested this company SkinMed. I was bit dubious at first as I have tried so many other products that irritated my skin, so I phoned them up and requested a sample before I forked out for a whole tube. The samples seemed to be ok so I then went on to buy a larger size.

They do say that it can take up to six weeks of regular use to get a result and I so I didn't really think too much about it, they just felt ok on my skin so I started using them and I have to say it's really made a difference. It seemed to creep up on me gradually but one day I realised that my redness and flushing was much better (it has actually reduced the regularity and severity of the flushing episodes, even from internal triggers). I have been using them since maybe the spring of this year and now can go out without any make up on most days, the Intensive cream also has a factor 15 in it.
At the beginning I bought the cleanser but I wasn't super keen on it and was pretty happy with my one I used before from REN so I only use the Synchrorose Fast and Intensive creams. They recommend you use it twice a day but I only used it once a day and it worked well.
I'm pretty lucky I only have subtype 1 so I'm not sure how it works for everyone. Prof Chu said it doesn't necessarily work for everyone but I don't know what I'd do without it now. I've gone from 2 years ago being quite obsessed about my skin to now being able get on with life and relax about it, I even managed to go to Bali on holiday (with a hat and factor 50 cream!). There's lots of scientific evidence to back it up, I really would recommend it to anyone with Rosacea.

http://www.skinmed.co.uk/rosacea-treatment/

Creams and meds:
Clonidine 3 times a day (2 x 25microgram tablets)
Differin cream at night.
I now also use the Differin at night under the Synchrorose intensive.
I also have Seb Derm so I wash my face in the morning with raw honey and occasionally do the mask (I'm sure it'd be much better if I could last the full month doing the proper regime!)

(BTW other products I also found quite gentle is the REN Hydra-calm cream clenaser and Global protection day cream but it doesn't have an spf)