Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: neutrogena t-sal shampoo

Default neutrogena t-sal shampoo

Hey guys so i have a quick question i would like to ask.

a few months back (about 5 months) i used a shampoo called t-sal shampoo on my face (to control seborrheic dermatitis)

These are the ingredients: Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (3%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C-14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Polyquaternium-22, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate.

Anyhow, i used it for about 3-5 days (left on face for about 3-5 minutes each time)... and i stopped using it because it gave me acne on my face (like a few pimples).

MY question is, is it true using such a product was the equivalent of getting a light chemical peel? I feel maybe my face permanently worsened after using this product?

I mean why would a dermatologist tell me to use this on my face if it is equivalent to a light chemical peel..

Quote Originally Posted by tests View Post
    Hey guys so i have a quick question i would like to ask.

a few months back (about 5 months) i used a shampoo called t-sal shampoo on my face (to control seborrheic dermatitis)

These are the ingredients: Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (3%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C-14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Polyquaternium-22, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate.

Anyhow, i used it for about 3-5 days (left on face for about 3-5 minutes each time)... and i stopped using it because it gave me acne on my face (like a few pimples).

MY question is, is it true using such a product was the equivalent of getting a light chemical peel? I feel maybe my face permanently worsened after using this product?

I mean why would a dermatologist tell me to use this on my face if it is equivalent to a light chemical peel..
    SOME dermatologists actually treat rosacea (don't know about SD, but it is close... maybe) with a peel or even mircodermabrasion. A long time ago I went to a derm and he suggested microdermabrasion. Actually, it did get rid of the red stains on my skin, but it did nothing to slow the rosacea. So, everything just came back again. He also wanted me to use retin-a. But this was just too much. Some derms have the philosophy that you should tough through these treatments. Maybe it works on a few people.

Re the shampoo, I actually like using salicylic acid. I use crushed cheap aspirin dissolved in moisturizer or cleanser or honey (honey wants to drip easily). I put it on my face for ten minutes. It gets rid of those old clinging skin cells that feel so dry.

I can't say why using the shampoo gave you acne.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    SOME dermatologists actually treat rosacea (don't know about SD, but it is close... maybe) with a peel or even mircodermabrasion. A long time ago I went to a derm and he suggested microdermabrasion. Actually, it did get rid of the red stains on my skin, but it did nothing to slow the rosacea. So, everything just came back again. He also wanted me to use retin-a. But this was just too much. Some derms have the philosophy that you should tough through these treatments. Maybe it works on a few people.

Re the shampoo, I actually like using salicylic acid. I use crushed cheap aspirin dissolved in moisturizer or cleanser or honey (honey wants to drip easily). I put it on my face for ten minutes. It gets rid of those old clinging skin cells that feel so dry.

I can't say why using the shampoo gave you acne.
    do you think that shampoo was equivalent of having a chemical peel?

I think it gave me acne because it irritated my skin

do you think that shampoo was equivalent of having a chemical peel?

I think it gave me acne because it irritated my skin
    The aspirin mask, which is on for ten mins., isn't like a chemical peel. It's simply exfoliation. It does what the stuff from a department store does, only much cheaper. Something else in the shampoo formula could have irritated your skin. Irritation isn't acne, though. I wouldn't use the shampoo again on my face.

The aspirin mask, which is on for ten mins., isn't like a chemical peel. It's simply exfoliation. It does what the stuff from a department store does, only much cheaper. Something else in the shampoo formula could have irritated your skin. Irritation isn't acne, though. I wouldn't use the shampoo again on my face.
    thanks for the response. Yea i threw it away. I was asking for advice because after i used it for 4-5 days, (4-5 months ago), my face has gotten progressively worse.

So an aspirin mask does exact what t-sal shampoo does? (or similar things).

Also it could have been a huge coincidence... but i spawned pimples either a few hours after i used the shampoo or a day or two later.

maybe those pimples were going to form regardless? (because from my understanding, it takes a few weeks for acne to form)

thanks for the response. Yea i threw it away. I was asking for advice because after i used it for 4-5 days, (4-5 months ago), my face has gotten progressively worse.

So an aspirin mask does exact what t-sal shampoo does? (or similar things).
    Aspirin mask does for me what your derm hoped the shampoo would do for you. It exfoliates, so your skin looks brighter/healthier.

Also, when I had garden variety acne it removed the hard tops so the pustules dried up more readily. But acne for me has not been a problem for many years (since "organ cleaning" which includes liver flush & colon cleansing).

Have you done a no-carb at all diet for 2 weeks to see if that changes things?

Also it could have been a huge coincidence... but i spawned pimples either a few hours after i used the shampoo or a day or two later.

maybe those pimples were going to form regardless? (because from my understanding, it takes a few weeks for acne to form)
    Yeah, it might take acne a few weeks to form underneath the skin. But it seems to pop up really quickly when it's ready to. The acne could be a separate issue from the SD.

When I got rid of acne, i still had rosacea. However, the low-carb diet and the topicals I use I think address both. (It COULD be that "acne" and rosacea are from the same root, but the acne pustules are easier to get rid of than the entrenched rosacea that seems to grab hold of some other thing in your personal chemistry.)

Aspirin mask does for me what your derm hoped the shampoo would do for you. It exfoliates, so your skin looks brighter/healthier.

Also, when I had garden variety acne it removed the hard tops so the pustules dried up more readily. But acne for me has not been a problem for many years (since "organ cleaning" which includes liver flush & colon cleansing).

Have you done a no-carb at all diet for 2 weeks to see if that changes things?
    so basically the aspirin mask got rid of the pus on the zit?

Regarding the liver flush and colon cleansing, which exact ones did you do and for how long? i play on doing one soon

thanks

I have heard that sal acid kills demodex?? Maybe the breakout could be from that? I am not sure, just putting my two cents in