Thread: Left Over Pink Skin....Is it scarring?

Default Left Over Pink Skin....Is it scarring?

So, I came here a while ago looking for help. I was in a terrible terrible place. My skin was horrendous. I have no idea what happened or helped but the skin seems to be in a better place....at least for now who knows. My skin used to hurt, had lots of bumps on the skin, was much more sensitive, bright red in these certain areas.....and now there are less bumps, less red, less painful too. Before I could barely move my face and now my face feels practically normal again. Sometimes I may feel a slight tinge of strange feeling on my skin, but hardly. But I don't know what to do now. It seems that the only problem left now is I have pink spots on my skin that are left over still. Other than being pink, it looks and feels like normal skin.

What I imagine is this: I perhaps had rashes on my face and now they may have left pink scarring on the skin....not sure. Especially the skin on my cheeks had looked so inflamed and raised like plaques on my skin. I actually thought maybe I had lupus, rosacea, or eczema, but I have no idea what it was for certain.

Now, I'm just depressed about this pink skin. I don't see any way of getting rid of it. Any ideas of what it could be...if anyone has experienced this?

Should I consider IPL? I've never done laser on any skin and the idea of it makes me scared that it could mess up my skin even more....I'm wondering if there are any other suggestions people can give me on what I can do with the left over stained pink skin...does this sound like scarring?
    Last edited by birdsing; 5th November 2011 at 01:12 PM.

I would give it some time before IPL, after what your skin has been through it is going to take a while for it to heal. It sounds like the pink skin is the aftermath of whatever was going on. It could take months to completley get back to normal, if you are patient it will probably go away on its own.
    So what were you doing when you started to see improvement? And I am very happy for you that things are getting better!

I mean, besides the pink areas on my cheeks and the random spots on the side of my face, I do still see some strange unevenness with my skin which is hard to explain. The skin in the areas where it is pink looks like it has tons of tiny fissures up close. There are also still strangely raised areas of skin that are red and some flat white spots where I believe indentations had occurred. It sort of looks like this: http://images.agoramedia.com/everyda...se_08_full.jpg which is a picture of psoriasis.

I actually used some neosporin only a few times. Not even everyday. I used it within a week or two maybe only putting it on four times. But at the same time, I tried drinking one kombucha drink and my improvement was noticeable that week, but I don't know if it was just coincidence...maybe I had already started healing beforehand and that week was just most noticeable ironically the same week I used the neosporin. but I think the neosporin helped my skin to feel better whether or not look better. I've started drinking kombucha every so often since then.

I'm just nervous as to what's going to happen now. I'm nervous this is as good as it'll get and I'll be left with some kind of pink/red scar blotches. One of those pink splotchy spots, I've had for 9-10 months now! That doesn't sound promising at going away....sometimes I think they still flare up a bit....which worries me.

Thank you for your kind words amethystice215!!! ) So did you have IPL done? You are right, I will definitely have to wait longer to get IPL. Are there big risks with IPL? Can it leave red marks behind from the laser? How well did it help you? I thought I remembered you saying that once your skin healed up from its problems, you had left over pink on your skin and had to get ipl.....do you think those were scars or erythema/broken blood veins maybe from the trauma your skin went through?
    Last edited by birdsing; 5th November 2011 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by birdsing View Post
    I mean, besides the pink areas on my cheeks and the random spots on the side of my face, I do still see some strange unevenness with my skin which is hard to explain. The skin in the areas where it is pink looks like it has tons of tiny fissures up close. There are also still strangely raised areas of skin that are red and some flat white spots where I believe indentations had occurred. It sort of looks like this: http://images.agoramedia.com/everyda...se_08_full.jpg which is a picture of psoriasis.

I actually used some neosporin only a few times. Not even everyday. I used it within a week or two maybe only putting it on four times. But at the same time, I tried drinking one kombucha drink and my improvement was noticeable that week, but I don't know if it was just coincidence...maybe I had already started healing beforehand and that week was just most noticeable ironically the same week I used the neosporin. but I think the neosporin helped my skin to feel better whether or not look better. I've started drinking kombucha every so often since then.

I'm just nervous as to what's going to happen now. I'm nervous this is as good as it'll get and I'll be left with some kind of pink/red scar blotches. One of those pink splotchy spots, I've had for 9-10 months now! That doesn't sound promising at going away....sometimes I think they still flare up a bit....which worries me.

Thank you for your kind words amethystice215!!! ) So did you have IPL done? You are right, I will definitely have to wait longer to get IPL. Are there big risks with IPL? Can it leave red marks behind from the laser? How well did it help you? I thought I remembered you saying that once your skin healed up from its problems, you had left over pink on your skin and had to get ipl.....do you think those were scars or erythema/broken blood veins maybe from the trauma your skin went through?
    bird sing, did you ever take antibiotics? Did your issues begin after a course of antibiotics?

tests, I think they did begin not long after.....I took antibiotics- the Zpack to kick out a bad post nasal drip as prescribed by doctor. Why do you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by birdsing View Post
    tests, I think they did begin not long after.....I took antibiotics- the Zpack to kick out a bad post nasal drip as prescribed by doctor. Why do you ask?
    what antibioitcs did you take? How long did you take them for? How many dosage?

I took the Zpack -it's like 5 pills also called "azithromycin." You only take it for 5 days with one pill a day. She had to have given me the 250 mg pills since my pack had 5-6 pills in it....like it says on wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azithromycin

So I had to take two 250 mg pills on first day and then one 250 mg pill for the next four days consecutively.

That was it for this year. I've take antibiotics before though throughout my life but always in liquid form....I have trouble swallowing pills. I actually had to kind of crush and chew up my antibiotic pills from the zpack when I took them this year, but they seemed to still work anyway. And in fact, I found two old liquid bottles from times i had to take antibiotics and it says azithromycin on the bottle, but I've thrown them out since then so I don't remember the dosage. I don't know if it's almost the same as the pill pack but in liquid form.

I've probably been on antibiotics in my adult life about 5/6 times or so, but my mother tells me i've been on antibiotics a lot when I was little because I was always getting sick with ear infections and things like that.

So, can you tell me why you ask that?
    Last edited by birdsing; 7th November 2011 at 10:09 AM.

Birdsing.. I have had 2 VBEAMs and just recently I had my 5th IPL treatment. I have broken capillaries all over my cheeks, under my nose, some on my nose, right above my eyebrows, and a few on my chin, my cheeks are what bother me the most because they are EVERYWHERE. The two Vbeams I had seemed to make it worse than when I started, i didn't notice the IPL helping until after the 3rd I could see the veins getting lighter. after my fourth I looked good for a couple weeks but after about the 4th/5th week they were back again which is why I went in for the 5th two days ago (don't see them disappearing strait away like last time but this is now a new nurse and a different machine) Along with the IPLs I have noticed the texture of my skin has gotten a lot worse, some indents here and there, pores are noticibley larger, and my face just looks older, but I just can't stand those red veins, I am trying to get rid of those and then hopefully my face will go back to normal, I am not sure If its the IPL causing these adverse effects or if its rosacea in general.