Thread: Red Light or Infrared and mites..question

Default Red Light or Infrared and mites..question

I am wondering if anyone knows if Red light or infrared light (or both) Kill mites? I haven't been able to find much information reguarding this exept that mites can be killed using an infrared sauna...

Default I think so

I had the strangest sensation once after using the red light that the mites were dying off... that is what it felt like... never felt that before the red light and then would feel it from time to time again with the RLT.

Default Red Light Therapy: I really wish more were discussing

I really wish more people were discussing Red Light Therapy on here. To re-answer this post again I get a
    sensation that something is dying off when I use red light therapy.

Something happens for sure.

What I am going through with RLT is as follows: (And I really wish someone was here to talk about this with me because it's fascinating!)

I have been using the RLT for about half a year or longer.

I have seen improvement in my face for sure over the last year. I rarely flush anymore. Like, maybe 5 times a
    month or something. This was not the case for a while.

The Red Light THerapy makes my skin so soft after I am through. What does this indicate?

Red Light therapy also effects the oiliness of my skin. What does this mean?

I want to say that I have fears with Red Light Therapy but it's been over half a year now of using it. Not one of those "My rosacea just got cured in 2 days post" but slow engaged repair.

Obviously the red light does something good. I own a led man. Lets discuss it!

I wish Peter was around. I used to read his posts about it. I would love to talk with him more.

Default So-an update on Red Light Thoughts

After momentarily taking a break from the red light therpy, lasting about 2 months long, I am going to get back to using it to see where it takes me.

Previously, I was seeing results in that my flushing was very, very under control... it seemed to lightly heal my skin... I had to be very careful with my device, and not get it close to my face.... I had the best results though I feel. By 48 hours where my face would be at was always very good and stable...

So, anyway, I am getting back to a routine. Probably will use the light 2-3 times a week. If it starts back up like it was doing I will be very pleased. I wanted to take a break to make sure it wasn't doing any kind of damage on a more long term basis.

Just updating... don't know if anyone is really into the red light these days.....?

Quote Originally Posted by solutionquest View Post
    After momentarily taking a break from the red light therpy, lasting about 2 months long, I am going to get back to using it to see where it takes me.

Previously, I was seeing results in that my flushing was very, very under control... it seemed to lightly heal my skin... I had to be very careful with my device, and not get it close to my face.... I had the best results though I feel. By 48 hours where my face would be at was always very good and stable...

So, anyway, I am getting back to a routine. Probably will use the light 2-3 times a week. If it starts back up like it was doing I will be very pleased. I wanted to take a break to make sure it wasn't doing any kind of damage on a more long term basis.

Just updating... don't know if anyone is really into the red light these days.....?
    Hello SQ,

I have the red/infared RLT.

The texture/look of my skin was amazing after using it it (kinda soft focus effect), however whatever it did it caused too much activity deep in my skin.

The soreness was more than I could take so I abandoned use.

I am glad that it is working for you, I hope to go back to it some day when my face is more settled, meantime it's meds for me.

Flushing is down by about 80% now.

Good luck!

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Use Optimel & Ilast cream for MGD Ocular rosacea.

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Default Infrared sauna for mites

Quote Originally Posted by amethystice215 View Post
    I am wondering if anyone knows if Red light or infrared light (or both) Kill mites? I haven't been able to find much information reguarding this exept that mites can be killed using an infrared sauna...
    We have a near, mid and far infrared system with several options for treatment. There are big differences in a traditional sauna and an infrared sauna. infrared when applied for 35 to 45 minutes at 140 to 150 degrees will purify your skin. It will greatly reduce inflammation, and yes it will wreak havoc on mites. Here is the double approach that should clear you up very quickly and kill off any mites.

Mix 10 drops of tea tree essential oil for each table spoon of virgin coconut oil. Apply before you start your sauna and once or twice more during and after.

Demodex skin mites definitely do NOT like light. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) skin treatments are known to kill demodex mites. It would be really interesting to see a medical study that tested whether or not Red or Infrared light could kill the mites. Also curious if sunlight kills them as well. People have noted improvements in apparent acne after spending time in the sun. Of course their skin condition may have been caused by demodex mites not bacteria or fungus.