Thread: irritation after washing face?

Default irritation after washing face?

So i noticed that with my skin (and seb derm), whenever i wash my face (WITH WATER ONLY), my skin feels almost like plastic and it is very tight and has a dry feeling to it. When i make facial expressions it feels very awkward and tight.

I dont know why this is, even with water... i noticed if i go a day without even using water on my face, my skin does not feel like this at all?

Hi Tests,
    Do you wash your face with distilled water or tap? I have had much better luck with distilled.

Also, I started using three towels-one for my face, one for my body, and one for my hair. Sounds crazy but decided it was better not to have any hair product residue on my face towel, since my skin is so allergic and hyper-reactive. I read about having different towels somewhere on here...makes sense really in terms of notgetting bacteria from other parts of the body on the face. It's a pain because you either have to buy more towels or do laundry a lot.
    Dx July 2010 rosacea type 1 and 2/seb derm plus contact allergies to various substances
    Hashimoto's thyroiditis, fibromyalgia

Quote Originally Posted by vicki View Post
    Hi Tests,
    Do you wash your face with distilled water or tap? I have had much better luck with distilled.

Also, I started using three towels-one for my face, one for my body, and one for my hair. Sounds crazy but decided it was better not to have any hair product residue on my face towel, since my skin is so allergic and hyper-reactive. I read about having different towels somewhere on here...makes sense really in terms of notgetting bacteria from other parts of the body on the face. It's a pain because you either have to buy more towels or do laundry a lot.
    i use bottled water.

I never use a towel to dry my face or body now... so i can avoid that factor.

bump