Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Milk Thistle

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I saw quick improvement. the reason I started it was b/c I had gone to a dermatologist, highly recommended, and had v-beam. I looked great for about a week and then suddenly I felt a skin mite chewing through my skin. (This is all in my "about me"). I went to a looking glass (I happened to be in Sephora, a big cosmetics chain) and saw a red blotch had appeared on my skin.

I fled home, threw apple cider vinegar on my face and started working the computer. I found a post here that led me to earthclinic. So I read everything there and the next day gathered up the borax, HP, TTO AND sea buckthorn oil.

Sea Buckthorn oil is a nice moisturizer -- you use just a little dotted on and spread well. It's even supposed to be anti-parasitic. Works for me. I still use it.

The big blotch stopped itching and growing right away. But it took a very long time for it to fade away. Weeks. I think it was very deep with lots of bugs in it. The REST of my face stayed calm and good. The skin stayed very pure looking, which was not the case previously even after laser work.

So... where there is a lot of harm to your skin it will take longer for it to look good. If you have mites in your hair follicles you might have a lot of eggs in there and they all have to hatch and be killed. Until then there's a lot of irritation and your skin can't heal.

Other places where you just have some surface stuff going on, it will heal very quickly. You should see yourself not getting worse. That's the first sign that things are going well.
    I'm note getting worse for now, that's good, maybe my skin is a bit dry but i'll buy some aloe vera gel as moisturize, cause it's more easy to find in a pharmacy. I heard about the sea bukthorn oil in this forum too, maybe i'll order and use it, if it's anti-parasit is a good complement after the borax solution, but you moisturize it after applying the borax+hp+tto ?

My condition is redness in my cheeks and nose, and after oral pills and antibiotics, you know the rest... i had 6 sessions of IPL, but i didn't notice any improvement, and as you, i had no ideia the possibility of having mites, and i still don't know cause i never had a test, as you. The IPL was done to eliminate the blood vessels, but in this case it would kill the mites too.

In 2009 i heard about demodex mites, i guess i saw in a brady barrows's post, and the solution was the zz cream and a acarid soap. I bought those and started using it for 2 weeks but my skin became so dry and irritated, i stopped right away. I don't know if it would help or not, maybe it would, getting worse to get better next, but i quit.

I think i'll do this until it runs out. maybe a month or two right? by that time i should see something, or there is a lot of mites to kill or my rosacea it's not demodex mites! hope it is something!!! i don't remember getting itch my skin, maybe in the hair sometimes, but it could be a lot of things. I don't know maybe i have those symptoms and don't know! What is your condition ghost? you probably have in your profile is just redness or acne too?

Quote Originally Posted by BrunoP View Post
    I'm note getting worse for now, that's good, maybe my skin is a bit dry but i'll buy some aloe vera gel as moisturize, cause it's more easy to find in a pharmacy. I heard about the sea bukthorn oil in this forum too, maybe i'll order and use it, if it's anti-parasit is a good complement after the borax solution, but you moisturize it after applying the borax+hp+tto ?

My condition is redness in my cheeks and nose, and after oral pills and antibiotics, you know the rest... i had 6 sessions of IPL, but i didn't notice any improvement, and as you, i had no ideia the possibility of having mites, and i still don't know cause i never had a test, as you. The IPL was done to eliminate the blood vessels, but in this case it would kill the mites too.

In 2009 i heard about demodex mites, i guess i saw in a brady barrows's post, and the solution was the zz cream and a acarid soap. I bought those and started using it for 2 weeks but my skin became so dry and irritated, i stopped right away. I don't know if it would help or not, maybe it would, getting worse to get better next, but i quit.

I think i'll do this until it runs out. maybe a month or two right? by that time i should see something, or there is a lot of mites to kill or my rosacea it's not demodex mites! hope it is something!!! i don't remember getting itch my skin, maybe in the hair sometimes, but it could be a lot of things. I don't know maybe i have those symptoms and don't know! What is your condition ghost? you probably have in your profile is just redness or acne too?
    Use the seabuckthorn oil at night. It should be enough to keep your skin moisturized for now. When it gets cold and windy, though, You'll likely need more.

I didn't find the borax solution to dry my skin out. In fact, I found it soothing. But it was during the spring and summer when the air is humid. So take time of year into consideration.

I didn't have a mite test. When I felt that bite I realized it was an bug bite . Your skin doesn't just bite itself, after all! think what happens when a mosquito bites you. Now imagine getting bit each day every day. There is no time to heal. You have to kill the mosquitos.

Yes, you should see something after a month. But you have to be consistent and you have to do the low carb diet (no breads, pastas, cake... no wheat flour at all; no grains).
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Use the seabuckthorn oil at night. It should be enough to keep your skin moisturized for now. When it gets cold and windy, though, You'll likely need more.

I didn't find the borax solution to dry my skin out. In fact, I found it soothing. But it was during the spring and summer when the air is humid. So take time of year into consideration.

I didn't have a mite test. When I felt that bite I realized it was an bug bite . Your skin doesn't just bite itself, after all! think what happens when a mosquito bites you. Now imagine getting bit each day every day. There is no time to heal. You have to kill the mosquitos.

Yes, you should see something after a month. But you have to be consistent and you have to do the low carb diet (no breads, pastas, cake... no wheat flour at all; no grains).
    Sea buckthorn oil like this : http://www.amazon.co.uk/SummerbeePro...0614082&sr=1-1, there is the cream too, which is the best for moisturize? Yesterday i notice something, i was in a warm place and through the night my face started become a bit more red and i felt a little itch in my face and hair, a little small bites, but it only occured when my body temperature was hot too, in the cold i don't notice that. what do you think? When my rosacea came or became more severe when my body temperature became hot, in exercice or warm places, i developed small red spots in all of my body except the legs, and had to scratch cause the itchy. But through the time it disappear, only the rosacea remained. i never knew what it was, and don't know if anybody in this forum experienced the same. it's weird!!

About the low carb diet what do you eat to substitute bread? do you eat rice to substitute pasta? i'll avoid that but sometimes it's just not possible beause in my work i have to eat out and avoid what i can, as coke, cafe, bread, desert's (except fruit). how long are you low carb diet?

Sea buckthorn oil like this : http://www.amazon.co.uk/SummerbeePro...0614082&sr=1-1, there is the cream too, which is the best for moisturize? Yesterday i notice something, i was in a warm place and through the night my face started become a bit more red and i felt a little itch in my face and hair, a little small bites, but it only occured when my body temperature was hot too, in the cold i don't notice that. what do you think? When my rosacea came or became more severe when my body temperature became hot, in exercice or warm places, i developed small red spots in all of my body except the legs, and had to scratch cause the itchy. But through the time it disappear, only the rosacea remained. i never knew what it was, and don't know if anybody in this forum experienced the same. it's weird!!

About the low carb diet what do you eat to substitute bread? do you eat rice to substitute pasta? i'll avoid that but sometimes it's just not possible beause in my work i have to eat out and avoid what i can, as coke, cafe, bread, desert's (except fruit). how long are you low carb diet?
    Bruno, yes, that is the seabuckthorn oil -- it has very good reviews! I use a different brand (Sibu).

I used to get very facially red in the gym (the butterfly across my nose and cheeks mostly, but red everywhere else, too). And I had red on my neck and decolletage.

I use essential oils on my back and shoulders -- tea tree oil is good, and so is oregano oil (it's very strong, though, can sting). You only need a few drops and blend it in well. My poor husband would do this for me. He couldn't stand the smells and they would drive up his allergies. But, we killed the bugs off.

For my neck and decolletage I used the borax and ivermectin. Also, I apply copper serum (facial serum) there. I read about this condition. It's called poikiloderma of civatte. It is caused by toxins in the liver. You can look it up. I've cleared it up a lot, but since I've had it a long time, plus have had sunburn there, it's going to take a while.

As for restaurants -- easy, I order fish. Or salad with shrimp or chicken. Goat cheese is good, too. I try to stick with goat cheese for cheese products. Fortunately, I love these. I eat lots of nuts, too. Omelets are good, too -- spinach and feta, yum! For cheating I have whey-based power bars.

Today I had eggs, nuts, sashimi, a whey bar and I'm going to have strawberries.

I eat lots of avocados.

Hope all this helps!

Bruno, yes, that is the seabuckthorn oil -- it has very good reviews! I use a different brand (Sibu).

I used to get very facially red in the gym (the butterfly across my nose and cheeks mostly, but red everywhere else, too). And I had red on my neck and decolletage.

I use essential oils on my back and shoulders -- tea tree oil is good, and so is oregano oil (it's very strong, though, can sting). You only need a few drops and blend it in well. My poor husband would do this for me. He couldn't stand the smells and they would drive up his allergies. But, we killed the bugs off.

For my neck and decolletage I used the borax and ivermectin. Also, I apply copper serum (facial serum) there. I read about this condition. It's called poikiloderma of civatte. It is caused by toxins in the liver. You can look it up. I've cleared it up a lot, but since I've had it a long time, plus have had sunburn there, it's going to take a while.

As for restaurants -- easy, I order fish. Or salad with shrimp or chicken. Goat cheese is good, too. I try to stick with goat cheese for cheese products. Fortunately, I love these. I eat lots of nuts, too. Omelets are good, too -- spinach and feta, yum! For cheating I have whey-based power bars.

Today I had eggs, nuts, sashimi, a whey bar and I'm going to have strawberries.

I eat lots of avocados.

Hope all this helps!
    I searched that condition, looks very similar but i think what's happened to me, was only the increasing of body temperature. for example, exercise, you start to run, when your body starts to get warm that reaction occured, or when i went from cold to a warm place, and my body had small red spots all around my body with a itchy sensation and a minute later it disappear (red spots and itchy), well the rosacea remained. It's like until my body get use to warm, like a temperature transition, do you understand? it's hard to explain. And from time to time, that sensation disappear, i don't even know what it was, could be the liver as you say or mites, i don't know, but it came when my rosacea became more severe. In the high school it was under control, i don't even remember have rosacea, only when in very hot conditions, or an stress situation, or a school exam. And suddenly it became worse, i can only remember going to university and the first winter was horrible, i lived in a very cold house and had a lot of constipation and my rosacea became worse, but it's hard to tell it was from that!

By the way i bought the milk thistle pills for liver and took 60 pills, 3 times a day. i don't known if i should take another or wait, i couldn't notice changes in my rosacea, what do you think?
    About the food, i'm doing what i can, probably i can't avoid all but, defiantly had cut on sugar, juice, cookies, chocolate, and eat more fish, salmon, sardine, tuna, will make omelets too thanks, i know that cheese in general could be bad for rosacea, but if goat cheese it's good, i'll eat too cause i like it and my mother sometimes does it ;)

I'm still finding what may caused my rosacea, as you too i guess. So far i'm ok with the borax+hp+tto solution, and tto by night in scalp before sleep, i'm not worse that's good. hope what happens in the next weeks!!

I searched that condition, looks very similar but i think what's happened to me, was only the increasing of body temperature. for example, exercise, you start to run, when your body starts to get warm that reaction occured, or when i went from cold to a warm place, and my body had small red spots all around my body with a itchy sensation and a minute later it disappear (red spots and itchy), well the rosacea remained. It's like until my body get use to warm, like a temperature transition, do you understand? it's hard to explain. And from time to time, that sensation disappear, i don't even know what it was, could be the liver as you say or mites, i don't know, but it came when my rosacea became more severe. In the high school it was under control, i don't even remember have rosacea, only when in very hot conditions, or an stress situation, or a school exam. And suddenly it became worse, i can only remember going to university and the first winter was horrible, i lived in a very cold house and had a lot of constipation and my rosacea became worse, but it's hard to tell it was from that!

By the way i bought the milk thistle pills for liver and took 60 pills, 3 times a day. i don't known if i should take another or wait, i couldn't notice changes in my rosacea, what do you think?
    About the food, i'm doing what i can, probably i can't avoid all but, defiantly had cut on sugar, juice, cookies, chocolate, and eat more fish, salmon, sardine, tuna, will make omelets too thanks, i know that cheese in general could be bad for rosacea, but if goat cheese it's good, i'll eat too cause i like it and my mother sometimes does it ;)

I'm still finding what may caused my rosacea, as you too i guess. So far i'm ok with the borax+hp+tto solution, and tto by night in scalp before sleep, i'm not worse that's good. hope what happens in the next weeks!!

As I said before, everything you do moves you ahead by a few steps. And you have to find out what works for you. With me it was the diet, the home made topicals and some organ (e.g. liver) cleansing.

Yes, some people can't have dairy -- but that makes sense, it may not be the fault of the milk, but of the hormones in it. the hormones might feed the rosacea. Goat dairy is not hormoned like that.

I'm glad you're not "worse". I hope there will be a definite change for the better soon.

Hi ghost How're you going with your treatment? well it's been a week since i'm doing the borax+hp+tto and so far i'm not seeing any improvements, although my rosacea its not worse, today i had a new mix, with a little more borax, like 2 teaspoon because as i said before this sodium borate is too tinny, and even with 2 teaspoon i didn't need a coffee filter, it disolved very quickly. I also have been using tea tree oil on my scalp at night before sleep, should i continue that too? or give it one week more? AS your experience with this solution did you experience something like this, or in a few days you saw improvements? i know it can be a lot of this, this treatment could not work, or i've a lot of mites to kill, well i'll keep updating ;)

Red face

Hi ghost How're you going with your treatment? well it's been a week since i'm doing the borax+hp+tto and so far i'm not seeing any improvements, although my rosacea its not worse, today i had a new mix, with a little more borax, like 2 teaspoon because as i said before this sodium borate is too tinny, and even with 2 teaspoon i didn't need a coffee filter, it disolved very quickly. I also have been using tea tree oil on my scalp at night before sleep, should i continue that too? or give it one week more? AS your experience with this solution did you experience something like this, or in a few days you saw improvements? i know it can be a lot of this, this treatment could not work, or i've a lot of mites to kill, well i'll keep updating ;)
    Bruno, I saw improvements right away. What happened was I had vbeam and I thought it worked. THEN around a week later I got 2 very red bumps -- first on my temple. I thought that spot had been irritated by the strap for the goggle the derm put on me, so I didn't pay much attention to it. The second bump was huge and came up really quickly (within 10 minutes -- story is in my About Me file) and it felt just like an insect bite. This is when I realized it IS demodex, even though docs in the US say it doesn't exist.

I saw improvements from my mixture as soon as I started using it. The bumps stopped growing. It took a long time for them to shrink and fade (all month and then some), but they never got worse, just kept getting smaller. I figured they were formed from a very deep follicle filled with mites and bacteria.

Yes, do add more borax. If it is mites that are causing your breakouts this will work. if you skin is not worse, hopefully it will start to get BETTER soon. My solution is so full of borax that even after I filter it granules start sticking together at the bottom of my solution bottle.

Thing is, there is no way of knowing.

Yes, you can probably spread the tea tree oil on your scalp out to once a week.

I read today about someone, though, who went on the low, low carb diet and her face cleared up. She didn't mention any topicals. But she also went virtually no carb, just like I did.

I hope this works for you!!!!!!!