Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SUGAR and Rosacea...

Default SUGAR and Rosacea...

I am curious to find out if people's symtpoms are worse after consuming a lot of sugar. More redness? burn more? more p&ps? and do your symptoms become worse the next day, a few days, etc?? And has reducing or eliminating sugar helped people with Type 1 rosacea?
    Doug

Default Vitamin D and low sugar

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmoof View Post
    I am curious to find out if people's symtpoms are worse after consuming a lot of sugar. More redness? burn more? more p&ps? and do your symptoms become worse the next day, a few days, etc?? And has reducing or eliminating sugar helped people with Type 1 rosacea?

Yes! Sugar is key for me. I cured my rosacea in two steps. First, I started taking vitamin D (1000 units/day, occasionally 2000 units/day), for reasons unrelated to rosacea. One or two weeks later, I noticed a dramatic improvement in my rosacea symptoms. Some months later, I decided to stop eating fruit. I had not been eating any refined sugar, sweet baked goods, etc., for many years, but I wondered whether my high sugar consumption via fruit (4-6 fruits/day) was harming my health. A few days after stopping all fruit except for some blueberries in the morning, my rosacea vanished entirely. It seemed miraculous. Since then, as long as I stick with vitamin D and a very low sugar diet, I have no rosacea symptoms. I do eat bread and other carbs that do not taste sweet. I can also eat a bit of fruit now. However, if I eat too much fruit, or drink wine, the rosacea symptoms start to come back.

I agree that sugar is a trigger at least for me. I try to avoid it as much as I can and that means carbs too. Tough!
    Maude

Quote Originally Posted by maude View Post
    I agree that sugar is a trigger at least for me. I try to avoid it as much as I can and that means carbs too. Tough!

Hi Maude.

What Rosacea Type do you have?
    Doug

Default Sugar is a rosacea trigger

Sugar is a rosacea trigger. It is just as valid a trigger as any other proposed trigger since all the rosacea triggers are anecdotal. For more info on sugar and rosacea click here.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Hi all
    Is it possible to eat too much vitamine D?
    I already eat a multivitamine but am wondering if I might need more if the vitamine D.
    thanks

Anyone who has gone the low sugar/carb diet route did you notice an increase in burning symptoms? i have cut back on carbs/sugar by at least 90% and am experiencing an increase in burning symptoms.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmoof View Post
    Anyone who has gone the low sugar/carb diet route did you notice an increase in burning symptoms? i have cut back on carbs/sugar by at least 90% and am experiencing an increase in burning symptoms.
    Didn't notice any extra burning symptoms. Are you drinking lots of water? It is important to drink lots of water.

Also, you might try using a fine spray mist of just water on your face to cool off when you experience burning symptoms.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Didn't notice any extra burning symptoms. Are you drinking lots of water? It is important to drink lots of water.

Also, you might try using a fine spray mist of just water on your face to cool off when you experience burning symptoms.
    I didn't get burning, either. I agree with Brady ^^^ drink lots of water. I was going through CASES of Volvic & Fiji rapidly. I'm still drinking a lot, but have been having more tea lately. I seem to have gone back to the crystal clear waters today.

Enjoy :-)
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post

I am not drinking a lot of water. probably 5 glasses per day or so.
    Doug