Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Constantly flushing nose - worried about rhinophyma

Quote Originally Posted by flemmo View Post
    Hi folks.
    Sorry for the late reply, but I've been a little under the weather this weekend. But I'm feeling a little better

Hi antwantsclear. Is this the case for really low dosage, say 5mg every 3 days?

Yes I'm pretty strict about these things. I only eat fresh veg, white meat and fish. No sugar, dairy, wheat, gluten, alcohol or fun LOL. I also have seb derm so that compounds the issue.
    I spent hundreds finding the right cleanser for me. I've settled on Toleriane dermo cleanser. Its gycerin based so doesn't try my skin and its the only thing I've found that doesn't make me redder. Having said that it doesn't do anything for the massive sebum problem I have.

Hi tests. This is the first photo I've dared share... but I need advice so here goes!

The photo was taken when the flushing is at its worst, in the evening. You can clearly see the enlarged pores from all the sebum. Thats why I was thinking Accutance, as to my knowledge its the only thing that will realistically help in that area.

Hi shantelle. I've tried many anti-dandruff shampoos on my nose over the years (I also have SD) but its always led to a massive increase in flushing. But I'm willing to try anything, so I'll give it a go

I've tried Clonidine in the past for 'fight or flight' flushing that I also struggle with, but never daily for flushing. What does dosage of Pindolol do you take? Is it the slow release kind?

Hi Souris24. Oh I can relate to everything you're saying there! Sounds exactly like me! Though I've never drunk tea or coffee.
    I Clonidine effective for others with servere nose flushing? I've heard some people having success with facial flushing but never the nose. Sounds promising though! Could you tell me what dosage of Clonidine you take daily?
    Hi

Yeah, give the Stieprox liquid/Loprox a go- it really suprised me how kind to the skin and effective it is. I will probably use this forever- it is that good.

I use Pindolol 5mg x2 day when required. I was on it daily, but found occassional use is helpful enough for me really. If you are a severe flusher though, daily use wouold be advisable. I don't believe it is a time-realease BB, no.

Best wishes, shantelle
    Shantelle

31 Year old female from NZ

Thanks shantelle .
    I'll definately give it a try. Wish me luch ;)

[QUOTE=flemmo;261519]Hi folks.

Hi Souris24. Oh I can relate to everything you're saying there! Sounds exactly like me! Though I've never drunk tea or coffee.
    I Clonidine effective for others with servere nose flushing? I've heard some people having success with facial flushing but never the nose. Sounds promising though! Could you tell me what dosage of Clonidine you take daily?

I started with 3x 25mcg, then went up to 3x50mcg and take now 2x 75mcg.
    Marie

[QUOTE=Souris24;261368]
    Quote Originally Posted by flemmo View Post
    Hi there,
    I

Hi flemmo,

I also had bad nose flushes till I started clonidine. The nose flushes became quite bad last winter, and more especially in the evening when sitting on the sofa and when laying down. I started to sleep up right in an attempt to control the flushing but it wouldn't help. I could not eat or drink hot or even warm as my nose would right away flush and going out for a walk would ensure me a bright red nose once back home. Then, last spring, at work, my nose started to flush awful, without fail, after lunch. By that time, I was experiencing an ongoing pressure in the nose.

I decided to stop drinking tea in the morning to see if it would help with the afternoon flush. It actually did, which means that this flush was induced by caffeine withdrawal (dilation after constriction).
    I stopped putting tee tree oil (4% dilution) on my nose (I am sure it was partly caused by TTO) and started clonidine. Within 3 weeks my nose flushes had totally stopped.

So, if you drink tea or coffee, just stop that and see what happens and try clonidine.

I hope you can stop that. Nose flushes are really the worst.

Best. Marie
    hiiiiiiiii i have exactly the same problem and i don't know what to do about it i want to try some clonidine but i'm scared cause i read that it is used to treat hypertension or heart diseases and i don't have any of them ,,, i want to ask u about that do u have hypertension or heart trouble? and what is the side effect of usin it i am afraid it will cause me some trouble!!! plz advise me i need ur help this red nose is ruining my entire life

Hello Flemmo!

I came across many of your posts on these forums when I was Googling some of my own skin issues. So much of your symptoms and what you have gone through reflects my own experiences and I'd love to talk to you sometime about your successes and failures in treating your condition(s).

I know the last time you posted here was back in 2012, but I wanted to give it a shot anyhow...

Even if I don't get in touch with you, I hope all is well and you have found things to improve your condition!

-John

Does that meen your nose (athor of this ) is like relly hot and red or just red?