Thread: Rosacea from Chemical peels?

Default Rosacea from Chemical peels?

Hello all, i have been lurking through this forum for a bit concerning chemical peels and rosacea and i have a few questions about my situation. 19 year old asian male.

I believe i have mild rosacea due to the excessive chemical peels i have done (salicylic acid 20% a few times, glycolic acid 50% once, lactic acid 70% a few times 60% , glycolic acid 60% twice -- from skinlaboratory) which since i quit 1-2 months ago. Even before chemical peels i feel that my nose gets red easily (well, not easy but a moderate rubbing gets it red which goes away in like 10 minute or so, probably i had rosacea and i did not know.) Originally did chemical peel to remove some acne scars.

there's a hint of little redness on my cheek and my nose is permanately mildly red-ish/pink-ish? It looks like the top layer of my nose (epidermis?) is gone and there are tiny whiteheads (P&P?) on my nose along with visibles pores which is also visible on the cheek. my skin particularly then nose is dry and scaly peeling effect, i can't even apply concealer or makeup to hide my deformed (perhaps too strong of a word) nose. I think i thinned my skin because of these peels, i am unsure what to do and looking for recommendations and help. currently i really have no regiment and only using raw honey mask and taking fish oils. it seemed to help from a red nose to a more pinkish tone.

is it even possible to repair the top layer skin of the nose? again i am really unsure what to do and would appreciate and help and advice. Moisturizers seem to irritate me easily also, i've tried Eucerin Redness relief night creme but it just made my nose more red.) currently - Sensitive, dry , thin? skin/face.
    Last edited by Morning; 14th September 2011 at 04:32 AM.

Hi MelissaB,

thanks for answering, i did not get diagnosed from a medical professional, but i assume its rosacea either that or my nose has an infection. i'm keeping my routine to a minimal atm, i currently use a moisturizer for SPF (Ambi skincare even & Clear daily Moisturizer with SPF 30) , can't cover my nose as there are flakyness and dryness even when i smoothed it out, gonna leave it alone for now though. Thanks for the encouragement.

Yeah i'm trying to be patience, no wonder it's a virtue if only there was a miracle cream. Not sure if this is harmful but currently i'm using (Protective Day Cream with Cynergy TK Keratin by Pure Source & Skinceutical's epidermal repair) not even sure if its working, but my face is kinda raw and dry/sensitive, along with the top layer of my skin weaken/gone i'm trying to stabilize my skin. I understand Cynergy TK is a kind of new thing that stimulates collagen and elasticity, would this help my case?

regiment for now - cleanse with raw honey, use protective day cream, and epidermal repair at night, but these products makes my nose flare up a bit as oppose to just cleansing with the honey, but if i dont moisturize it makes my skin look dry, kinda hard knowing what to do. for some reason eating anything makes me flare up a bit really frustrating.
    Last edited by Morning; 16th September 2011 at 10:32 PM.

Here are some pics i took right now in a bright room. P1020921.jpgP1020922.jpgP1020923.jpgP1020926.jpg

Face feel pretty sensitive / dry, not sure if if its skin infection, rosacea, or what. Gonna pay a visit to a doctor / dermatologist
    Last edited by Morning; 17th September 2011 at 01:38 AM.

went to the doctor and he believes its acne and i asked him if its rosacea and he says no. however he prescribed me benzoyl peroxide 5% and wants me to put a pea size all over my face however i have a bad feeling about it. i even told him it was the result of my chemical peel, but he seems unsure what chemical peels are. Back to square one. I'll have to get a second opinion.

He recommend that i just wash my face with cetaphil gentle cleanser and use cetaphil moisturizing lotion to moisturize. Reason being my face is pretty sensitive and dry atm, and i'm afraid to use benzoyl peroxide that could possibly flare me up, i have weak hints of redness on my cheeks and i do not want to make it visible.

Doesn't look like rosacea to me. Your nose has a lot of blackheads and whiteheads that are often associated with excess oil. If you wipe your finger on your nose or other troubled areas later in the day does it feel really oily? Sometimes if you use harsh products it can make your skin dry but that doesn't mean your skin isn't by nature oily. The flaking isn't necessarily from dryness but can also be from flakes associated with excess sebum. Your troubled areas are common areas for seb derm to be present, not saying you have it or not but you could. Just giving you another opinion with the hope it could help you.

It does feel a bit oily particularly the center, i don't feel any flaking on my skin but between my nose bridge and both cheeks they are connected by mild redness faint but its there, i don't know if its mild seb derm but like you say another option to consider, it wasn't all that present before until i tried the raw honey mask for 3-4 weeks then it took figure and stayed ever since.