Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: clogged pores due to seb derm??

Default clogged pores due to seb derm??

i have noticed that a few folks here have been talking about these tiny white skin things in their pores lately- possibly due to seb derm. does anyone know what this is and if it is sebderm and how to keep it under control? also, it is typical for your pores to enlarge due to rosacea and sebderm and any advice on how to decrease size of pores? im starting to wonder if my pores are more obvious now due to the clogged pore theory. as well, was on amoxicilain this week due to cold adn my face flared big time. wondering if this is bc of the seb derm..??
    any advice would be great.

i am one of those who gets those white sebum clog thingys sticking out of the pores.

My pores have enlarged and i doubt they will ever return back to original size.

I don't think anything can fix it... possibly accutane.

Just curious, but have you ever taken a course of antibiotics? If so, which ones?

I also have white gunk lurking out from the pores. They are mainly located on my nose. It is called blackhead

If i try to rub them or force them out, it looks clean but the white gunk will come back again in a few days. Rubbing them out seems to worsen the condition each time and my pores get larger. So I'm trying to train myself using a ScissorTweeze to pull these gunk out carefully instead of rubbing them and causing further damage to my pores.

garloo, do you happen to have a photo of these things?

Or can you find one on the internet and show us? I get something similar except all over my face (Cheeks and nose), and it seems like some of these things enlarge my pores... but some dont?

Also, these things could be rubbed off very easily, doesnt that mean they are ready to fall off or ready to go?

how would tweezing them off be any different than rubbing them off?

hi tests,

yes, some of those white gunk lurking on my nose can be easily rub off. But the majority of them are embedded deeply inside my pores and these requires a lot more strength to rub them out. And I often rub to the point where my nose turns Red before they are willing to come out...

The scissor-tweeze is just 1 alternative for me to pull them out gently (It's surprising that some of these gunks have pretty long roots inside the pores ). Anyways, I have also read that salicylic acid is good at dissolving these gunks but I havent try it yet

garloo, i am still a bit confused.

How hard do you have to rub for these things to come off? I noticed i have dead skin all over my face, and whenever i rub it off (layer of dead skin/gunk), the area becomes red and hyperpigmentated. The hyperpigmentation is similar to hyperpigmentation that you get from acne.

The other thing i want to ask you which you did not answer is what is the difference between rubbing these white rice grain plugs/sebum plugs off with your hands/fingers, vs tweezing them out? I mean, both yield the same result?

What happens if you rub it off? Does the pore scab up or something?

thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by garloo View Post
    hi tests,

yes, some of those white gunk lurking on my nose can be easily rub off. But the majority of them are embedded deeply inside my pores and these requires a lot more strength to rub them out. And I often rub to the point where my nose turns Red before they are willing to come out...

The scissor-tweeze is just 1 alternative for me to pull them out gently (It's surprising that some of these gunks have pretty long roots inside the pores ). Anyways, I have also read that salicylic acid is good at dissolving these gunks but I havent try it yet

also, do you happen to have any photos of these things? can you find some on the internet? thanks man

I don't have a photo of myself with all those gunks at the moment because i pull them out every week. Anyways, blackheads are very common (putting an internet photo in the attachment). Although they are call blackhead, those gunks lurking out on my nose are more towards white/yellow color.

Not sure if this is the thing mcinnis is talking about or I am on the wrong channel. lol
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by garloo View Post
    I don't have a photo of myself with all those gunks at the moment because i pull them out every week. Anyways, blackheads are very common (putting an internet photo in the attachment). Although they are call blackhead, those gunks lurking out on my nose are more towards white/yellow color.

Not sure if this is the thing mcinnis is talking about or I am on the wrong channel. lol
    garloo, those blackheads you just showed a photo of CANNOT be rubbed off with your fingers. You would literally have to pick/squeeze at them in order to get them out.

What i get is completely different to those blackheads.. mines can actually be rubbed off very easily.. its very awkward

Quote Originally Posted by tests View Post
    garloo, those blackheads you just showed a photo of CANNOT be rubbed off with your fingers. You would literally have to pick/squeeze at them in order to get them out.

What i get is completely different to those blackheads.. mines can actually be rubbed off very easily.. its very awkward
    __________________________________________________ _____--

tests, i hear ya. blackheads are something different. i think i know what you are talking about and might have the same problem to a lesser degree. are yours more like the pics that johnny posted and do you have any more pics showing the flakes? i had IPL today. I will keep you posted on how my face reacts. i just pray that the ipl doesnt make my face worse as i have read here that it can flare seb derm. maybe that is what happened to me last winter.
    the strange thing about my flaky thingies, is that i cant really even see them only when i wear makeup which makes me think the makeup accentuates them or what im seeing as these flaky things is makeup clogging my now bigger pores. who knows. drives me nuts.