Thread: New to the forum and have been dealing with Rosacea for over 15 years

Default New to the forum and have been dealing with Rosacea for over 15 years

I have mild Rosacea and have been dealing with this ever since my freshmen year in high school in 1995. It was real bad at first and sucked until I started to use Hydrocerin (6 years later) now changed the name to DermaCerin. This stuff I have found is cheap and works awesome. It takes the all the irritation feeling and redness away. It is a cheap over the counter (I go through medichest.com) product. The best time to put it on is at night to let it soak in right after getting out of the shower when your skin still has moisture in it. I just thought I would pass on what I use and what has worked for me. Has anyone else tried this? Just cake it on and do not worry about rubbing it in. Just let it soak in. It works for me. Other than that I heard about Rifaximin treatment for stomach bacteria that is supposed to cure it, but that is from Wikipedia so I do not trust it too much. Oh well looking forward to kicking this thing at one point in my life, and look forward to talking with you. Take care

Quote Originally Posted by livfreely View Post
    I have mild Rosacea and have been dealing with this ever since my freshmen year in high school in 1995. It was real bad at first and sucked until I started to use Hydrocerin (6 years later) now changed the name to DermaCerin. This stuff I have found is cheap and works awesome. It takes the all the irritation feeling and redness away. It is a cheap over the counter (I go through medichest.com) product. The best time to put it on is at night to let it soak in right after getting out of the shower when your skin still has moisture in it. I just thought I would pass on what I use and what has worked for me. Has anyone else tried this? Just cake it on and do not worry about rubbing it in. Just let it soak in. It works for me. Other than that I heard about Rifaximin treatment for stomach bacteria that is supposed to cure it, but that is from Wikipedia so I do not trust it too much. Oh well looking forward to kicking this thing at one point in my life, and look forward to talking with you. Take care
    hi liv, I was reading the other day that Umcka (a root derivative, I've been taking it to avoid catching the current sinus thing that's going around) keeps h-pylori from adhering to your gut walls. I can't find more info beyond that. But I'm pleased. I'm taking it for one thing, and it might have an effect on another as well.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Default I am not so sure I have that gut feeling......

I have been trying to get down to the root of the flareups for years. I have all the usual triggers and the big one for me is working out in the cold and then moving indoors to the heat. That will automatically cause a flare up every time. Another is if my hair gets to long. I am a male and I have to keep my hair at a shorter length because if it gets to a certain point I will have a flare up and then it will go away, but my skin will become more sensitive. I was thinking that it had to do with some of the oils in my hair or scalp that would cause the flare-ups. I know that the dermacerin is working for me so far, and right before I can feel a flare-up coming I will put some on and it will sooth it.

Is the Umcka good to take on a daily basis? I have been reading and will be taking some garlic. To me I am not convinced that it is a stomach bacteria. When I did get my first flare-up in 95 it was after I ran a marathon (which was my first one) and I had salt from my sweat literally caked on my face. After this the Rosacea began to kick in full steam.

I have found that staying hydrated (drinking a gallon of water a day) also helps out a lot with the flare-ups. So this could be deluding the bacteria in the stomach I guess.......

Default Read your profile

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    hi liv, I was reading the other day that Umcka (a root derivative, I've been taking it to avoid catching the current sinus thing that's going around) keeps h-pylori from adhering to your gut walls. I can't find more info beyond that. But I'm pleased. I'm taking it for one thing, and it might have an effect on another as well.
    I just ordered some Para Gone. You run a pretty intensive treatment plan. I never thought about demodex. I do feel like something is crawling on me all the time. Maybe this will get rid of them. Thanks for the info......

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by livfreely View Post
    I just ordered some Para Gone. You run a pretty intensive treatment plan. I never thought about demodex. I do feel like something is crawling on me all the time. Maybe this will get rid of them. Thanks for the info......
    You're welcome! Yes, it is intense -- but if you have demodex it will respond to this quickly. And suddenly doing all the stuff isn't so difficult after all!

I think it's a lot harder to slap on the metrogel, for example, day after day and not see any results.
    "It's all illusion anyway."