Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Seb Derm Photos

have u went to a derm about those bumps?

I know what you mean. What bothers me the most is the oil and the feeling that my skin is almost swollen with it. My ears are extremely oily i can't do anything to stop them from being that way. Even the most drying stuff known to man could'nt make my ears dry. My worst issue is the redness though bc thats what people notice on me the most but it goes hand in hand with the weird texture.

I never bothered with them, they weren't the big issue and i had so many others i talked to the derm about. No the accutane definitely did not cause the redness. Like i said i had redness basically from the get go. For me seb derm can be controlled if the oil is controlled and accutane controls oil so for my skin its great for my stomach not so much.

do u think i shud try accutane? i believe oils my main culprit to.

what age did u first try accutane? senior year of hs? how many years after getting seb derm/acne did u use acutane?

do people ever notice/comment on your skin? like the texture

hey johnny, one more thing mate..

did ur pores only enlarge after having seb derm? and only in areas where u had seb derm

Sure people comment on my skin. I had skin issues from grade 7 to 12 before i tried accutane. From looking at old photos i'm pretty sure i had seb derm although i did have acne as well.

Would i recommend accutane, i'm not sure. For me it only provides relief while im on it, there is no 'remission'. Seb derm is a chronic condition and i have yet to have any remissions only better times and worse times. You have to weigh the risks and asses them for yourself.

Your skin doesn't look overly sensitive or discolored. Have you tried the basics like znp, born to be mild, hydrocortisone or other antifungal shampoos. One big reason i believe that stuff doesn't work for me is my skins sensitivity or rosacea like symptoms that get irritated from them.

The pore size is relevant to the size of my flakes. So when my flakes are larger my pores are larger. So yeah, i guess they only got visibly large like that when my seb derm started. If you start getting your seb derm under control your flakes get smaller and so do your 'pores'.

Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    Sure people comment on my skin. I had skin issues from grade 7 to 12 before i tried accutane. From looking at old photos i'm pretty sure i had seb derm although i did have acne as well.

Would i recommend accutane, i'm not sure. For me it only provides relief while im on it, there is no 'remission'. Seb derm is a chronic condition and i have yet to have any remissions only better times and worse times. You have to weigh the risks and asses them for yourself.

Your skin doesn't look overly sensitive or discolored. Have you tried the basics like znp, born to be mild, hydrocortisone or other antifungal shampoos. One big reason i believe that stuff doesn't work for me is my skins sensitivity or rosacea like symptoms that get irritated from them.

i tried shampoos and all of them broke me out in acne.

i tried ketacanolze (xolegel) didnt do ****.

i havent tried hydrocortisone or znp though, or the born to be mild

Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    The pore size is relevant to the size of my flakes. So when my flakes are larger my pores are larger. So yeah, i guess they only got visibly large like that when my seb derm started. If you start getting your seb derm under control your flakes get smaller and so do your 'pores'.
    how exactly do the flakes get smaller though? I mean, its the sebum production... how can you alter sebum production?

I find it hard to believe that some of my pores (Which look like tiny icepicks) will get smaller.

mine looks like that. What about that mask that hardens and then you can pull if off and it's supposed to pull off all the clogged stuff from the pores?