Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: seb derm and acne...

Default seb derm and acne...

i was wondering guys, but how can i treat my seb derm AND acne, without worsening the other condition?

Also, for any of you who have acne and seb derm... how exactly do you clean the dead skin (i get so much dead skin that i must exfoliate it, otherwise it just cakes on my face and causes more acne), without irritating the acne?

Also, is it true that rubbing dead skin off of acne (pustules) with a cotton pad or soft washcloth can cause the acne to scar (indented scars)?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tests View Post
    i was wondering guys, but how can i treat my seb derm AND acne, without worsening the other condition?

Also, for any of you who have acne and seb derm... how exactly do you clean the dead skin (i get so much dead skin that i must exfoliate it, otherwise it just cakes on my face and causes more acne), without irritating the acne?

Also, is it true that rubbing dead skin off of acne (pustules) with a cotton pad or soft washcloth can cause the acne to scar (indented scars)?

thanks
    One more thing i forgot to mention... i have layers of scaly/rough/dry/deadish looking skin on parts of my skin (for example, theres a couple of huge layers of rough looking dead skin on my forehead which just doesnt go away...) it seems like some acne on my forehead is turning into indented scars because of the seb derm, is this even possible? Can seb derm cause acne to scar? According to most derms i spoke to, they said no relation..

i am so depressed i don't know what to do. I even thought about suicide a few times

Quote Originally Posted by tests View Post
    One more thing i forgot to mention... i have layers of scaly/rough/dry/deadish looking skin on parts of my skin (for example, theres a couple of huge layers of rough looking dead skin on my forehead which just doesnt go away...) it seems like some acne on my forehead is turning into indented scars because of the seb derm, is this even possible? Can seb derm cause acne to scar? According to most derms i spoke to, they said no relation..

i am so depressed i don't know what to do. I even thought about suicide a few times
    I know this condition can be very frustrating and depressing but often the correct treatment can help. How are you currently treating your condition? How long has the condition existed? Have you seen a dermatologist?

-Dave-

Default Low Dose Accutane

hi I am currently on a regime of accutane (isotretinoin). This could be a good sollution for seb derm and acne. I have back acne, seb derm and possibly rosacea... so I suppose this treatment makes sense. I would like to start a log on this forum so I can help people (hopefully) as everyone on this site has been so supportive so far during this difficult time. I can't find out how or where to start a new thread. I'll start a bit of a log here now, so I've been on 20mg per day for 3 weeks although i stopped for a few days inbetween because the flaking got so intense. I'm feeling a bit flushed and my face is an absolute mess at the moment. I have heard that things get a lot worse before they get better so here's hoping. I don't know if I should moisturise or not, helps for the flaking and flushing but I'm sure it's spreading the seb derm across even more of my face. Hopefully I will have some better news to report soon.

did u suffer any IB on your face?

ive had seb derm for 2 years on eyebrows... but a year now on whole face.

I still can't believe the amount of dead skin i have on my face... i could literally rub for hours until it all comes off (i mean gentle rubbing... kind of like gliding your fingers on your skin).

ive seen dermatologists... they all reccomended shampoos that broke me out... elidel that didnt do ****... and ketacanozle derivatives which also broke me out.

my derm has suggested accutane... BUT IM SCARED SO MUCH that it will break me out like crazy

Quote Originally Posted by JimList View Post
    hi I am currently on a regime of accutane (isotretinoin). This could be a good sollution for seb derm and acne. I have back acne, seb derm and possibly rosacea... so I suppose this treatment makes sense. I would like to start a log on this forum so I can help people (hopefully) as everyone on this site has been so supportive so far during this difficult time. I can't find out how or where to start a new thread. I'll start a bit of a log here now, so I've been on 20mg per day for 3 weeks although i stopped for a few days inbetween because the flaking got so intense. I'm feeling a bit flushed and my face is an absolute mess at the moment. I have heard that things get a lot worse before they get better so here's hoping. I don't know if I should moisturise or not, helps for the flaking and flushing but I'm sure it's spreading the seb derm across even more of my face. Hopefully I will have some better news to report soon.

jim, how long did you suffer with seb derm and acne for before starting accutane?

ive had acne for 6 years and seb derm about a year on whole face.

also... do you think its possible that severe stress could have spread my seb derm? (because i had severe stress for a year everyday... and after that, BOOM massive seb derm everywhere)

Default 10 years before accutane

I've been dealing with this for about 10 years. I'm 27 now and it sort of started around 17. I have seb derm the worst on my cheeks besides my nose which is always pretty constant and my scalp can get bad and lately yeah my whole face has been involved. Also in my beard areas and Chin for sure but I just keep a close shave which exfoliates the flakes. Stress definitely exacerbates things. My girlfriend of 4.5 years broke up with me a few months ago and ever since the seb derm has been chronic. I was doing pretty well before accutane by exercising and eating a strinct low carb, no sugar, no yeast, no wheat, no dairy diet. The accutane is making things worse before they get better hopefully things do get better. Infact, today is a pretty good day... I'm relaxed and seb derm seems to be getting better finally. Hopefully the persistence pays. My plan is to get back in to the diet and exercise regime and continue to do so on the accutane so when I come off my body will be much healthier and the seb derm will stay in remission. I can't say I'd reccomend the accutane yet but I will keep you posted. Also how do I start a new thread? Can't find the option to, I'd like to keep a log of the accutane attempt.

Also how do I start a new thread? Can't find the option to, I'd like to keep a log of the accutane attempt.
    Go to the main page:
    http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea_Forum/index.php

Then click on one of the subforums like Prescription-medications:
    http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...on-medications

You will see a button labeled "+Post New Thread"

I've been dealing with this for about 10 years. I'm 27 now and it sort of started around 17. I have seb derm the worst on my cheeks besides my nose which is always pretty constant and my scalp can get bad and lately yeah my whole face has been involved. Also in my beard areas and Chin for sure but I just keep a close shave which exfoliates the flakes. Stress definitely exacerbates things. My girlfriend of 4.5 years broke up with me a few months ago and ever since the seb derm has been chronic. I was doing pretty well before accutane by exercising and eating a strinct low carb, no sugar, no yeast, no wheat, no dairy diet. The accutane is making things worse before they get better hopefully things do get better. Infact, today is a pretty good day... I'm relaxed and seb derm seems to be getting better finally. Hopefully the persistence pays. My plan is to get back in to the diet and exercise regime and continue to do so on the accutane so when I come off my body will be much healthier and the seb derm will stay in remission. I can't say I'd reccomend the accutane yet but I will keep you posted. Also how do I start a new thread? Can't find the option to, I'd like to keep a log of the accutane attempt.

hey jim, does the close shave reallly help with the dead skin? I don't get just flakes.. i get massive yellow scaly dead skin like layers and layers and layers of it.

I want to shave my beard, but i have acne in that area, and i have no idea how to shave without cutting the acne. Any ideas/tips?

Also, regarding your diet, if you do not mind me asking, but what exactly do you eat? I want to follow something similar, but these anti seb derm diets (candida) makes it seem like you cant eat anything except veggies. How do i NOT lose weight in such a diet? i weigh 125 lbs and im 5"10.

One more thing mate, did your pores enlarge from the seborrheic dermatatis? It seems like wherever i get these sebum plugs, once the plug comes off, it shows an enlarged pore, and the sebum keeps coming from those holes.

Last but not least, how long did u have seb derm all over ur face for?