Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new diet so far

Default new diet so far

hey all, since starting a low carb diet i've been finding it extremely difficult to not be hungry, my old diet would consist of high amounts of carbs and lots of calories (mainly because im big and very active). Just wondering what (low costing) foods you guys substituted into your diet to make up for the emptyness that one can feel. I also dont want to loose any weight.

2 days in heres an example of what ive eaten in a day

breakfast- scrambled eggs (2 whole, 2 egg whites )
    bananna

snack- small handful mixed nuts

lunch- chicken and salad sandwhich (wholegrain bread)
    apple

snack- small amount of salary and carrot

dinner- fryed salmon, spinach, brussel sprouts

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    hey all, since starting a low carb diet i've been finding it extremely difficult to not be hungry, my old diet would consist of high amounts of carbs and lots of calories (mainly because im big and very active). Just wondering what (low costing) foods you guys substituted into your diet to make up for the emptyness that one can feel. I also dont want to loose any weight.

2 days in heres an example of what ive eaten in a day

breakfast- scrambled eggs (2 whole, 2 egg whites )
    bananna

snack- small handful mixed nuts

lunch- chicken and salad sandwhich (wholegrain bread)
    apple

snack- small amount of salary and carrot

dinner- fryed salmon, spinach, brussel sprouts

cheers.

Have you see improvement from your diet? (I'd even cut out the sandwich bread. That is, I had to; and things improved quickly).

I supplement with Coconut Manna. You can google it. It's like coconut peanut butter. I WAS pretty hungry while doing the no-carb diet. It will pass. I also eat Dr Mercola chocolate bars for sweets. Not everyone likes the taste, though (buy on line; they're gluten free and totally low carb. 8 grams, I think).

Well eating proteins makes you feel less hungry than eating carbs which makes your bloodsugar spike and then go down whereas a low-carb diet has a more steady bloodsugar curve (once you get used to it you wont feel tired or hungry all the time anymore)

When i was eating high-carb i ate every 3 hours, now i can go longer without feeling hungry

i eat about 4 fried eggs and a pack of bacon for breakfast which keeps me going until lunchtime without any trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Wildscenery View Post
    Well eating proteins makes you feel less hungry than eating carbs which makes your bloodsugar spike and then go down whereas a low-carb diet has a more steady bloodsugar curve (once you get used to it you wont feel tired or hungry all the time anymore)

When i was eating high-carb i ate every 3 hours, now i can go longer without feeling hungry

i eat about 4 fried eggs and a pack of bacon for breakfast which keeps me going until lunchtime without any trouble
    Maybe adding something like flaxseed fibre would help? I have ground flaxseed (I use one level tbls. It's spiked with dried banana powder and other fruits) that I toss in with my protein shake and it keeps me solid for hours. The flaxseed expands many times its dry volume with water, so you feel full. Also, drinking lots of cold water helps, too!

I've been on a low carb diet since May '10. For me, the trick is to increase quantity/servings of food two-fold. I.E. Don't have a small handful of nuts, have a decent handful of nuts. Don't forgo all carbs to the extreme, just have less carbs than you usually would, like one carb food item per main meal- which is 3x day (a potato, a Kumara, a wholemeal 'something' etc...) and double (or triple!) the amount of whatever protien food you're having (meat in particular - think Caveman diet). Also I allow myself a few weekly treats to keep me sane, otherwise, like any diet, it isn't maintainable in the long-term. Just do the best you can
    Shantelle

31 Year old female from NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Maybe adding something like flaxseed fibre would help? I have ground flaxseed (I use one level tbls. It's spiked with dried banana powder and other fruits) that I toss in with my protein shake and it keeps me solid for hours. The flaxseed expands many times its dry volume with water, so you feel full. Also, drinking lots of cold water helps, too!
    thanks all for your input. Ghost what do you put in your protein shake whey protein or somthing?

hi guys
    first sorry for my english i will try to do my best i m french.
    i was diagnosed with Rosacea since 4 months.now time to stop junky food and begin a low carb/ sugar diet.
    waht should i eat especially at the breakfast. lunch and dinner it s not a problem salade +fish/chicken breast +fruit
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    thanks all for your input. Ghost what do you put in your protein shake whey protein or somthing?
    Yes, whey. I've been trying all the different ones at the health food store and looking on line. I have a great shaker jar. It has a whisk ball inside. I think they have them at all health food stores and such now. I use *unsweetened* coconut milk for the base (in the dairy section, not the canned ones).

Don't forget the coconut manna! This stuff is good:

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CEUQ8wIwAA

Quote Originally Posted by rajaoui View Post
    hi guys
    what should i eat especially at the breakfast. lunch and dinner it s not a problem salade +fish/chicken breast +fruit
    thank you
    how about eggs? tofu? or if you're a meat/fish eater, you can have those for breakfast too
    cheese (unless dairy products are among your triggers), low-carb fruits/vegetables - as people have said above,
    you don't have to eliminate all carbs forever, just keep them as low as you can while you pinpoint your triggers

You should also have to improve your eating habit.
    Try to take your major meal in your breakfast it would help you stomach to digest it easily.
    Thanks