Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: rosacea is bad enough but then add pitted scars from lasers and its a nightmare

Question Ghost :0) I have been taking ivermectin paste orally for 2 days now,( i plan on taking it every three days until I run out) I also washed my face with a lice shampoo (RID) last night. (and I am taking minocycline and erythromycin to combat the p and P's) my question for you is... if this is mites that are causing red capillaries to appear on your face did yours go away?? this is my main concern at the moment. as I said i did have 2 vbeams and the veins on my face are still there, it did not help at all. the capillaries are what makes my face look very very bad, they are literally everywhere on my cheeks and the side of my face, I am just wondering if they do or don't go away after you get rid of the mites?? Thank you ghost for all your help :0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    For larger scars (the chicken pox ones) I got filler (hyaluronic acid) from the derm. It's pretty good. But it is $$$ and needs to be redone at least once a year. I think it's very likely that you had that triangle-shaped scar there already. The acne on that bit of your skin caused it. You didn't see it, because the pimple was there covering it.

Did you read my profile page? There's a whole thing about how I remedied my rosacea. I am clear. Sounds like you have the same problem -- it's NOT broken blood vessels (I always questioned why they were red and not blue, if they were broken) it's demodex mite tunnels. I figured this out just observing my skin and feeling the nighttime crawlies. Laser only kills some demodex. Others take over within a week of laser treatment: they hatch, they burrow.

Laser takes the debris off of your skin, but it's not very effective against mites.
    Just read your profile page. Where do you get the ivermectin? Is that what helped you the most? I went to a dr in Duke one time and he checked me for mites and told me that I had them. He gave me a prescription for ivermectin pill. I had to get it filled there. I think it was 1 pill. Its been so long ago. I think it was in 2001. Anyway i took the pill and didnt notice anything. I think I needed more than that though.

Quote Originally Posted by fulloflove2 View Post
    Just read your profile page. Where do you get the ivermectin? Is that what helped you the most? I went to a dr in Duke one time and he checked me for mites and told me that I had them. He gave me a prescription for ivermectin pill. I had to get it filled there. I think it was 1 pill. Its been so long ago. I think it was in 2001. Anyway i took the pill and didnt notice anything. I think I needed more than that though.
    borax and hp solution helped me BIG TIME. Iver is great for 2 really big reasons: 1) you don't have to apply it as often -- 2x per week and then less is fine. with borax and hp I was putting it on a lot to keep it going -- Very effective, though. 2) I could put iver on my scalp. I wouldn't do that with HP, since it's, well, peroxide! The Iver is topically used. just google up the injectable kind. 5 ML. $34.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by amethystice215 View Post
    Question Ghost :0) I have been taking ivermectin paste orally for 2 days now,( i plan on taking it every three days until I run out) I also washed my face with a lice shampoo (RID) last night. (and I am taking minocycline and erythromycin to combat the p and P's) my question for you is... if this is mites that are causing red capillaries to appear on your face did yours go away?? this is my main concern at the moment. as I said i did have 2 vbeams and the veins on my face are still there, it did not help at all. the capillaries are what makes my face look very very bad, they are literally everywhere on my cheeks and the side of my face, I am just wondering if they do or don't go away after you get rid of the mites?? Thank you ghost for all your help :0)
    Yep, all gone. Are you following my recipe? No paste in that. i didn't take any by mouth. Sure -- red tunnels go away once you kill the mites. It does take a while for your very distressed skin to heal. And you have to stay with the program, because mites will keep coming up. You have to kill 'em right away or they tunnel! Don't forget your scalp, etc. , is your chest red? All that must be included. Don't use HP on your head, naturally. Use iver liquid. ****Carefully. It's very runny. *****

Oh, p&Ps are like mite castles. Your antibiotics won't kill them. The anti biotics kill the bacteria FROM the mites. But that's just part of the battle. Until you get rid of the BUGS you're not going to get better.
    Last edited by Ghost; 23rd July 2011 at 06:11 PM.

I had tried the borax and hp in the past but it made my face very very red so i only used it a couple of times. This paste I am eating is ivermectin paste made for horses ( i have read that people have taken this to get rid of scabies because they could not aquire a prescription) It is just ivermectin crushed into a paste, I know its crushed in because i can see and feel the tiny pill granules) I figure why not kill them from the inside out and also washing my face with the lice shampoo will help I figure as well. I am also starting yesterday eating no bread products and no sugar. Today I will look into buying the ivermectin liquid. if I may ask another question, how do you know when the mites are gone and can just use the iver to "maintain", and how long did it take before the capillaries, bumps, and redness start to go away? I have only been doing this a couple of days so I am just wondering a time frame here, I am sure it will take a while but I need some hope right now as this is my last resort... I have tried everything else and have literally been in tears over the past week off an on because I am so embarassed to go anywhere and to make it even worse my son just started football and I can't bring myself to face all the people at the practice so I just drop him off and pick him up in order to not have anyone see my face if possible, his games start at the end of next month and my mom and sister will be here next month as well in the middle of the month, they want to take pictures and go out to eat and I am just dreading this as I know i look horrible. Sorry to vent, I am just so depressed and upset. Thank you Ghost.

Oh and yes my chest is red too, and I do treat that area as well, and my neck in some spots also.

Yes i went to a spa a couple of times but other times it was with a doctor. I am not making this up. I have been to 6 doctors and one spa. There is a group where people have been damaged by doctors not spas from lasers.
    From one of your previous posts:

I went to one dr for around 10 IPL and my skin looked pale but I was flushing really really bad so then I went to another dr for around 5 V-beam then a spa for 1 IPL and 5 laser genesis. Thats when I got one small pitted scar from the yag laser. Then I went back for v-beam and tried 3 different drs with no luck. I noticed I had pitted scars coming up. I dont know if it came from the laser genesis that I had 2 months prior to that or if it came from the v-beam. I now have one large triangle shape pitted scar on my left cheek and also a swirl scar.
    Sorry, but you are contradicting yourself.

As recommended before, why you don't get help from a reputable dermatologist?
    Last edited by phlika29; 25th July 2011 at 06:30 AM.

Red face

I had tried the borax and hp in the past but it made my face very very red so i only used it a couple of times. This paste I am eating is ivermectin paste made for horses ( i have read that people have taken this to get rid of scabies because they could not aquire a prescription) It is just ivermectin crushed into a paste, I know its crushed in because i can see and feel the tiny pill granules) I figure why not kill them from the inside out and also washing my face with the lice shampoo will help I figure as well. I am also starting yesterday eating no bread products and no sugar. Today I will look into buying the ivermectin liquid. if I may ask another question, how do you know when the mites are gone and can just use the iver to "maintain", and how long did it take before the capillaries, bumps, and redness start to go away? I have only been doing this a couple of days so I am just wondering a time frame here, I am sure it will take a while but I need some hope right now as this is my last resort... I have tried everything else and have literally been in tears over the past week off an on because I am so embarassed to go anywhere and to make it even worse my son just started football and I can't bring myself to face all the people at the practice so I just drop him off and pick him up in order to not have anyone see my face if possible, his games start at the end of next month and my mom and sister will be here next month as well in the middle of the month, they want to take pictures and go out to eat and I am just dreading this as I know i look horrible. Sorry to vent, I am just so depressed and upset. Thank you Ghost.
    Going LOW CARB will help a lot. IF this is demodex. And it really sounds like it is. A derm won't diagnose demodex, though, so it's useless someone saying "get a DX from a derm first." You just have to try the remedy.

I went low carb at the beginning of April . In fact, I went no-carb for about 2 weeks -- just eggs, fish, cottage cheese. After that I had a bit of carb, I was on vacation, travelling. But I still mainly stuck to fish and eggs. I happen to like fish and eggs :-)

I'm still low carb and it's great. I find it very easy.

You'll know the mites are gone, because your skin is clear! and you don't get the night crawlies, either. It will happen. You might have some really deep bugs and eggs, so you have to give it time. I think using the borax-hp AND iver worked well on me. I still use a lot of the borax-hp -- kills bugs and bacteria. The iver kills bugs, but I don't know if it kills the bacteria. Hence the 2-barrel approach.

if you stick to the program you should see clearing in a month. It'll just keep happening - clearing, clearing, clearing. But the deeper they are the longer it will take.

Internally, btw, as you read in my profile, I use anti-yeast and anti-parasite products. Herbal -- available at the health food store. Important to follow directions on the packages. Check out Renew Life and Garden of Life.

Keeping your immune system healthy is important. VERY important. so, no cheating, no booze. Lots of bottled water. Lots of rest.

Oh and yes my chest is red too, and I do treat that area as well, and my neck in some spots also.
    you have to treat these areas as hard as your face (and scalp! but not with HP!!!!) Bugs migrate.

So I was on my way to the feed store to get the injectable Ivermectin and I did get that, but thought of another question or two on the way.. Hope you don't mind, sorry for all of the questions. I have never had a real super itchy face, i have to itch a spot here and there throught the day but nothing unbearable and at night i can't say that I am itchy, i sleep well and don't wake up itchiing or anything. So I am wondering how can we know if it is mites that cause our rosacea? are there other signs? I did notice that after my first does of oral iver my face was a lot more itchy. I am going to apply the liquid iver tonight, I just wish my face would go back to normal and in a hurry!! I am not a patient person by any means but if I see progress then that contents me. I sure hope this works. Oh, another thing I was wondering is what is your theory on why we flush when we eat certain things and how do mites cause this (I don't seem to have reactions to food as much as just getting redder throughout the day like a clock) when i wake up i was fairly pale but by the end of theday beet red. Now that it is warmer I am pinker in the mornings and still red during the day. Also, why does the sun affect our faces, I have read that mites don't like the light and mainly come out during the night so I am curious why we would have the reactions to the sun that we do? it seems like the sunshine should help... I really miss being outside! I have been trying to be good (I used to really really like my beer, haven't had any in quite some time) I did have a few whiskeys and 7ups about a week ago.. that obviously did not help.. Thank you again Ghost I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to all of my many questions.