Thread: Greetings, I have constant flushing, burning, dryness and large pores

Default Greetings, I have constant flushing, burning, dryness and large pores

Hello forum members,

I have been reading the post here, and have found much valuable info.

I'm a 47 woman, and have been diagnosed with Rosacea by several general practitioner but can't seem to get any further diagnosis. I have constant flushing, burning, dryness and large pores and infrequent small acne bumps.

I have tired Metrogel 1% for over a year now and it does little for most of my symptoms.

I use Cetaphil cleanser, use COTZ sunscreen but still avoid direct sun as I am very photosensitive, and use no cosmetics. I don't drink alcohol or smoke.

I hope to gain more info about doctors that are willing to look at my condition with a basis of knowledge on Rosacea impractical. For instance, I have no idea what kind of Rosacea I have, and I could not get the doctors to test my thyroid, hormones or for an auto-immune disorder.

I will be happy to share my experiences with you all, as I learn more about my condition and future treatments.

All the best!

hi Redwhiteandblue, I had frustrating, annoying, uglifying symptoms similar to yours. Do you use no cosmetics because you are philosophically opposed to them, or because you cannot tolerate them? I found high-end make-up to work for me -- the application was nicer and the stuff itself did not make my sensitive skin worse. What I used mainly was (is, because I still have it) La Prairie moisturizing sun creams (there are different ones) and their foundation (again, there are different ones). I put a bit of foundation into a tiny pot and use it from there, keeping the product bottle safe and clean, and not wasted.

However, if you read my pages (as indicated below) you'll find that I was able to much improve my skin very quickly. Right now I can pass for normal! and I plan to continue forever. Good luck & welcome to the forum.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Thank you so much for your reply!

I would like to wear cosmetics but it just seems to exacerbate the appearance of the large pores and dry skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwhiteandblue View Post
    Thank you so much for your reply!

I would like to wear cosmetics but it just seems to exacerbate the appearance of the large pores and dry skin.
    Ok, OK -- hopefully if you try what I did it will improve rapidly!

I had very dry skin. Remarkably dry. (as you'll see I had ipls and vbeams, which sometimes helps the entire condition.) I had dry cracks by my mouth.

I found using primer helped a lot -- they're all very similar in that they are silicone or dimethicone... whatever. All very similar even to Monistat chaff cream. I bought a La P one, though, in Gold, because it also reduced redness. the jar went a long, long way. I'd put some from the mother pot into a little pot and used from there.

However, as soon as I began my tailor-made, old-time program my skin became normal. I can now wash my face and just leave it alone until I feel like putting on the SPF moisturizer I mentioned.

And in case you're wondering I still do everything in my "story". I plan to do it less and less, but I'll likely always have to maintain. Still -- everyone has some kind of beauty ritual to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Ok, OK -- hopefully if you try what I did it will improve rapidly!

I had very dry skin. Remarkably dry. (as you'll see I had ipls and vbeams, which sometimes helps the entire condition.) I had dry cracks by my mouth.

I found using primer helped a lot -- they're all very similar in that they are silicone or dimethicone... whatever. All very similar even to Monistat chaff cream. I bought a La P one, though, in Gold, because it also reduced redness. the jar went a long, long way. I'd put some from the mother pot into a little pot and used from there.

However, as soon as I began my tailor-made, old-time program my skin became normal. I can now wash my face and just leave it alone until I feel like putting on the SPF moisturizer I mentioned.

And in case you're wondering I still do everything in my "story". I plan to do it less and less, but I'll likely always have to maintain. Still -- everyone has some kind of beauty ritual to maintain.
    What kind of ivermectin do you use? Is it topical?

I have never discussed this with anyone that knew anything about it, or had any compassion. So, I thank you very much for taking the time, it really means a lot to me.

mineral foundation seems to work pretty well, doesnt really "clog" your pores and makes them larger from my experience

Quote Originally Posted by Redwhiteandblue View Post
    What kind of ivermectin do you use? Is it topical?

I have never discussed this with anyone that knew anything about it, or had any compassion. So, I thank you very much for taking the time, it really means a lot to me.
    Your welcome. I use the ivermectin you can find on line (recommended by someone here). It comes in a dark brown or black box and has the drawing of a bull's head. You can [google] search "ivermectin buy". Any questions, or no luck finding one, just ask. I always hesitate to "advertise" any brand, but I'll make sure you find the right one.

The iver is used topically. However, it is sold as injectable for farm animals. Just get the small one, I think it's 5 mls. and costs around $34. It's got an unusual consistency, so you have to put it on carefully. It's runny and doesn't absorb easily. I pour a bit on a damp (squeezed out) cotton pad and carefully dab. I put it into my hair also (get it on the scalp. A dropper is useful. But careful since it's runny -- you don't want it in your eyes), behind my ears, just all over. The best use is over night. I just got my first batch last month. I've been using it around every 5 days. I also use it on my neck and chest, where it's red. And on my back.

I use my borax/hp solution everywhere too, EXCEPT my hair (it's bleaching, after all). You might want to start with this, since you can pick up the ingredients immediately. It's very effective. And dirt cheap!

The redness will take a while to go away, because it is damage. So, it has to heal. Give it time. Eat the good foods recommended all over this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Your welcome. I use theyou can find on line (recommended by someone here). It comes in a dark brown or black box and has the drawing of a bull's head. You can [google] search "ivermectin buy". Any questions, or no luck finding one, just ask. I always hesitate to "advertise" any brand, but I'll make sure you find the right one.

The iver is used topically. However, it is sold as injectable for farm animals. Just get the small one, I think it's 5 mls. and costs around $34. It's got an unusual consistency, so you have to put it on carefully. It's runny and doesn't absorb easily. I pour a bit on a damp (squeezed out) cotton pad and carefully dab. I put it into my hair also (get it on the scalp. A dropper is useful. But careful since it's runny -- you don't want it in your eyes), behind my ears, just all over. The best use is over night. I just got my first batch last month. I've been using it around every 5 days. I also use it on my neck and chest, where it's red. And on my back.

I use my borax/hp solution everywhere too, EXCEPT my hair (it's bleaching, after all). You might want to start with this, since you can pick up the ingredients immediately. It's very effective. And dirt cheap!

The redness will take a while to go away, because it is damage. So, it has to heal. Give it time. Eat the good foods recommended all over this site.

I have done quite a bit of research on where to get these items and have made some purchases online. I can't wait to get started! I think this will make a big difference.

Thank you so much for the tip about the ivermectin, I think I found it, I just wanted to be sure!

You're the best!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildscenery View Post
    mineral foundation seems to work pretty well, doesnt really "clog" your pores and makes them larger from my experience
    Thanks for the info!