Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sweating helping rosacea?

Default sweating helping rosacea?

i notice when i have a day of intense sweating, my face clears up....the other day i did some hot yoga and sweat all over the place and that evening it was like i never had rosacea...my face looked nice and pale...wow spring was in the air, birds were chirping, i had a little extra bounce in my giddyup. i even managed to drag myself out of the house and go to a club where I actually talked to actual real live females. and they even talked to me. It was nice to feel normal for a day.

has anyone else had this experience? I wonder if the sweating opens up the pores in the skin and releases the "inflammatory juice" that causes the redness in our skin? i'm starting to wonder if i should go to a sauna a few times a week. I've also heard that sweating and heat make their symptoms worse...there seems to be no ryme or reason to this condition...just curious if anyone has had a similar experience?

Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    i notice when i have a day of intense sweating, my face clears up....the other day i did some hot yoga and sweat all over the place and that evening it was like i never had rosacea...my face looked nice and pale...wow spring was in the air, birds were chirping, i had a little extra bounce in my giddyup. i even managed to drag myself out of the house and go to a club where I actually talked to actual real live females. and they even talked to me. It was nice to feel normal for a day.

has anyone else had this experience? I wonder if the sweating opens up the pores in the skin and releases the "inflammatory juice" that causes the redness in our skin? i'm starting to wonder if i should go to a sauna a few times a week. I've also heard that sweating and heat make their symptoms worse...there seems to be no ryme or reason to this condition...just curious if anyone has had a similar experience?
    Sweating never helped me. And I tried the sauna, too, for just in case THAT would do it. But no.

If it helps you, by all means do it! (Did the symptoms return?) Maybe you can do something like be sure to wash your face afterward with tea tree oil soap or some other facial cleanser with a rep for clearing up the skin/killing germs.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Default re

hi ghost thanks for the feeback, yes i'm sort of back to my normal self without the sweating lol. i manage the conidtion relatively well with diet and oracea here and there, but that one day of mass sweating, made me like 100% clear. it was remarkable the difference it made. i'll keep experimenting and maybe find a a sauna and reprt back

Your idea sounded familiar -- I read it on curezone! Slightly different, but maybe this will have some helpful hints for you:

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1788496

Default re:

interesting ghost! thanks for the post! here is a snippit of what he says in one of his posts which is interesting (also he seems to purport that it is mites that are the problem, but how did he know for sure it was mites?) anyways, here is his quote:

"FINALLY: THE BIGGEST GUN in YOUR ARSENAL is; Far Infrared Sauna " href="/c/?/forums/f.asp?f=454">FIR SAUNA. MUST be infrared. Ingest at least 2 garlic pills before using. Wipe sweat w/ towel. Shower immediately afterward. Sit in ti as it heats to 140 F. Stay at 140 for 20 minutes. PLEASE research the sauna sites before purchasing. It MUST be FIR sauna and it must be 135 to 140 to kill the mites and their eggs. It is worth it. ALTERNATIVE METHOD : Research the DEAD SEA SPAS in Israel and Jordan as they have used these methods for centuries to cure multiple "incurable skin diseases".

Default re sauna

Interesting quote from this link: http://www.the-home-sauna-center.com...-benefits.html

"Heat from a sauna opens the pores and sweat will flushes out the toxins. The newly cleaned out pores have a long lasting effect on the ability of your skin to function.

Dilated blood vessels increase the flow of oxygen and fluids to skin cells. Cleansing eliminates dead skin cells and other material exposing a new layer of fresh, clean, health cells. Your skin not only looks and feels younger, it will also function more efficiently."

Default sauna

"During the process of detoxification, around 30% of toxins are eliminated via the skin pores through sweating."

"With increased blood flow, the skin can be fed extra oxygen and essential nutrients. This will leave it looking healthy and feeling rejuvenated. Despite what many think, sauna bathing does not leave skin dry and rough. In fact, quite the opposite - it is left smooth and soft. In addition to providing the skin with nourishment, sauna bathing can improve the elasticity of external and internal scarring."

from: http://www.ubscure.com/Art/74148/24/...onditions.html

Default update

just a quick update here...went to my gym which happened to have a sauna. so i go sit in the sauna for about 20 mins and get a real good sweat goin. well lo and behold, i looked pretty red. so, with that being said i have to consider it was some other factor.

there are two known variables that could have explained the "like new sheen" on my face that day. it was either the hot sweaty yoga itself or the combination of the yoga and the oracea medication. Maybe the medication made its way through my little blood vessels in my face easier during the yoga? maybe it was all the deep breathing during the practice which oxygenated the blood and zapped out the inflammation in my blood stream? it's also worth noting that I have not taken my oracea in 2 days, so maybe i needed to take oracea today when i went into the sauna? so i've got a little more work to do before i narrow it down hopefully. not sure when i'll be able to get in that yoga class again, but i'll keep in touch. i also may pop my oracea and then go do some sweaty exercise to see if that works. i have to go see my derm this friday to get my prescrition renewed. will be back in touch soon.

just a quick update here...went to my gym which happened to have a sauna. so i go sit in the sauna for about 20 mins and get a real good sweat goin. well lo and behold, i looked pretty red. so, with that being said i have to consider it was some other factor.

there are two known variables that could have explained the "like new sheen" on my face that day. it was either the hot sweaty yoga itself or the combination of the yoga and the oracea medication. Maybe the medication made its way through my little blood vessels in my face easier during the yoga? maybe it was all the deep breathing during the practice which oxygenated the blood and zapped out the inflammation in my blood stream? it's also worth noting that I have not taken my oracea in 2 days, so maybe i needed to take oracea today when i went into the sauna? so i've got a little more work to do before i narrow it down hopefully. not sure when i'll be able to get in that yoga class again, but i'll keep in touch. i also may pop my oracea and then go do some sweaty exercise to see if that works. i have to go see my derm this friday to get my prescrition renewed. will be back in touch soon.
    Hi Dave, Yeah, yoga -- makes us look good and feel good. Love it! In the way my synapses works it came to me that if the yoga and heat worked so well before maybe you can try something else in concert with these. While in London I picked up a huge (100 ml) bottle of neem oil. It's combined with sweet almond oil, bergamot, rosemary and eucalyptus. Neem is popular in India for a variety of things. Perhaps for good reason. Maybe you can use a bit of this before your sauna. It's quite mild, I even use it under my eyes. It does have that neem smell, but at least the other ingredients cut it. Also, there are neem capsules to take. My neem is from A. Vogel, distributed by BioForce.

Interesting quote from this link: http://www.the-home-sauna-center.com...-benefits.html

"Heat from a sauna opens the pores and sweat will flushes out the toxins. The newly cleaned out pores have a long lasting effect on the ability of your skin to function.

Dilated blood vessels increase the flow of oxygen and fluids to skin cells. Cleansing eliminates dead skin cells and other material exposing a new layer of fresh, clean, health cells. Your skin not only looks and feels younger, it will also function more efficiently."
    Hi

I've read those claims many times on the internet, that infrared saunas would 'flush out toxins' of your body...unfortunately this is a scam.
    The only way to detoxify is through your kidneys and liver, if you sweat, only a very negligible % of toxins will be released through the skin.

I have noticed though too that after sports my skin is much paler, I assume this is due to exercise activitates the lymph flow, (rosaceans have often excess of lymph liquidity accumulated on their cheeks), and increased blood flow which 'clears up' the clogged capillaries.