Thread: Metronidazole at 10% ?

Default Metronidazole at 10% ?

Did anyone tried to use those vaginal creams with 10% metronidazole?
    I know the skin from the face is different from the rest of the body
    lol

I'm was just thinking that, theoretically, it would be more effective than Metrogel, but maybe it's more irritating too.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Victor.c View Post
    Did anyone tried to use those vaginal creams with 10% metronidazole?
    I know the skin from the face is different from the rest of the body
    lol

I'm was just thinking that, theoretically, it would be more effective than Metrogel, but maybe it's more irritating too.
    I think 10% is too much for long-term use. Maybe your doc would Rx you enough for a week or so (an anti-biotic cycle), but then you'd have to come down to the regular metrogel percentage.

I cleared up from hospital-strength anti-biotics for several months. Let's see -- August, and I was still good at Christmas. But then the rosacea caught up to me. At the time I didn't know what the root cause was, of course (bugs). I was told "your body is making the inflammation". No wisdom in that, is there? Anyway, see what your doc would say to a big whack on the bugs and follow up with less potent doses. Doesn't hurt to ask. And report back!
    "It's all illusion anyway."

So, I didn't ask my doc about that but I tried it for the last two days at night at another breakout.

It did to my face what metrogel usually does in one week or so, but also I noticed that the gel type isn't that good to leave on the face bacause it's that vaginal jelly, wich dries at local temperature and leave a thick film over the face. Such as those creams which you put over a blackhead, wait it dry and then pull to remove the blackhead.

So, I conclude it's nice to reduce faster breakouts, but it doesn't seem good to use everyday.

So, I didn't ask my doc about that but I tried it for the last two days at night at another breakout.

It did to my face what metrogel usually does in one week or so, but also I noticed that the gel type isn't that good to leave on the face bacause it's that vaginal jelly, wich dries at local temperature and leave a thick film over the face. Such as those creams which you put over a blackhead, wait it dry and then pull to remove the blackhead.

So, I conclude it's nice to reduce faster breakouts, but it doesn't seem good to use everyday.
    So it doesn't absorb... but that's just the base it's in. (Doc could rx you a different based one.)

Anyhow, it seems to be doing a LOT of good if it knocks out breakouts. Did you find this over the counter?

actually, where I live (brazil) all antibiotics were OTC untill January. The government decided to controll the selling some months ago, which is good to avoid bacterial resistance.

I had that metronidazole at 10% since last year, but I only decided to try it now.
    I really have no idea how those things work in other countries. Sorry

Red face

actually, where I live (brazil) all antibiotics were OTC untill January. The government decided to controll the selling some months ago, which is good to avoid bacterial resistance.

I had that metronidazole at 10% since last year, but I only decided to try it now.
    I really have no idea how those things work in other countries. Sorry
    Oh, good you had a supply to experiment with. I'm in the US. Antibiotics are behind the counter!

Anyway, for something sticky like rosacea (meaning it's hard to get rid of it) I think antibiotics are temporary. It kills the bacteria, but it won't kill the parasite. So while it's good to get the quick relief, you'll probably have to go deeper and root out the parasite AND beef up your immunity so it doesn't take hold again.