Thread: ivermectin -- it's the bomb!

Red face ivermectin -- it's the bomb!

Used ivermectic (veterinary) last night and woke up 2 shades paler. Skin feels great, not dry or anything. And I look human.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Default Better than Borax?

Ghost,
    That's great! Is this better than the Borax you were using? I'll be interested to see how this goes for you- you are braver than I am. I usually sit back and see how it goes for someone else before I try it. What did you mix it in and at what concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by HollyJ View Post
    Ghost,
    That's great! Is this better than the Borax you were using? I'll be interested to see how this goes for you- you are braver than I am. I usually sit back and see how it goes for someone else before I try it. What did you mix it in and at what concentration?
    Just the way it comes, and lightly. I think it's better to reapply another day than to dab on too much (and waste it).

The borax was really doing good things. I actually STOPPED using it, because it seemed I'd killed off as many mites as were getting killed off at the time. And I would have picked it up again at the first sign of a prickle.

But since the ivermectin arrived, I thought, "what the hell?"

Now I have to allow my chewed up skin to heal. In a few months (October?) I'll use up my epilight package (got one more) in order to get rid of any lingering red spots.

That's the plan, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Just the way it comes, and lightly. I think it's better to reapply another day than to dab on too much (and waste it).

The borax was really doing good things. I actually STOPPED using it, because it seemed I'd killed off as many mites as were getting killed off at the time. And I would have picked it up again at the first sign of a prickle.

But since the ivermectin arrived, I thought, "what the hell?"

Now I have to allow my chewed up skin to heal. In a few months (October?) I'll use up my epilight package (got one more) in order to get rid of any lingering red spots.

That's the plan, anyway.
    Just like Holly said.... youre a whole lot braver than me

Is this the ivermectin in the gel form? Ive also seen the powder form, so you can give your dog a bath in it. So after putting it on... it didnt burn or irritate you? Either way Im glad it worked for you Ghost. Was there something wrong with the using the borax? Or were you just looking for an alternative?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Just like Holly said.... youre a whole lot braver than me

Is this the ivermectin in the gel form? Ive also seen the powder form, so you can give your dog a bath in it. So after putting it on... it didnt burn or irritate you? Either way Im glad it worked for you Ghost. Was there something wrong with the using the borax? Or were you just looking for an alternative?
    Hi Kirk, Borax is great, and it works. But having read about the mysterious iver trial cream I wanted to see how i would work for me. I think perhaps with the iver 1) I only need to use it every so often; 2) it might go deeper to kill the mite queen (don't quote me, I have no idea how they reproduce, but there definitely are nests), which again means fewer applications and no daily worries. 3) Might be a better -- permanent -- exterminator than the borax.

The powder is supposed to work nicely, btw -- this is what you do: mix it with some alcohol just to liquify it and then mix it in with something neutral like a Ponds cold cream. Just do a small batch. I had been thinking about this, but I already had liquid on the way. Each day I learn something new.