Thread: Why is your face red? Careers for people who would rather not deal with people.

Default Why is your face red? Careers for people who would rather not deal with people.

"It's all illusion anyway."

I would very much like a job like what was described, but not really just because of rosacea. I have Schizoid PD, so yeah, a job where I don't have to deal with other people is on my list of top priorities. It's why I have a night job and don't work with the public at all.
    Current skincare regime for rosacea subtypes I, II and IV started March, 2012:

*Strict diet. No dairy, wheat, sugar, nuts/seeds, legumes. Only meat, 'safe starches', and low-phenol starchy/unstarchy fruits and veggies and water with ghee, lard and duck fat as cooking aids and sources of fat. Also avoiding food intolerances.
    Supplementing with raw food multivitamin, liquid zinc sulfate with copper, epsom salt baths (magnesium sulfate), calcium and vitamin C. Lots of water!

Quote Originally Posted by christine123 View Post
    I would very much like a job like what was described, but not really just because of rosacea. I have Schizoid PD, so yeah, a job where I don't have to deal with other people is on my list of top priorities. It's why I have a night job and don't work with the public at all.
    Hi Christine!

I don't know who the Sam Hill would want to work with the public, anyway. (Maybe things would be different if I hadn't had a red face all my life; in fact, now that I am pale I feel so different about so many things!)

Interesting how rosacea can so drastically change one mentally as well as physically. Well, since I know that right now my whole life revolves around my rosacea and I've taken to experimentation solely for the purpose of getting rid of it, it would make sense how my life and ways of thinking would change if I didn't have it.

So glad you don't have to deal with the beast anymore.
    Current skincare regime for rosacea subtypes I, II and IV started March, 2012:

*Strict diet. No dairy, wheat, sugar, nuts/seeds, legumes. Only meat, 'safe starches', and low-phenol starchy/unstarchy fruits and veggies and water with ghee, lard and duck fat as cooking aids and sources of fat. Also avoiding food intolerances.
    Supplementing with raw food multivitamin, liquid zinc sulfate with copper, epsom salt baths (magnesium sulfate), calcium and vitamin C. Lots of water!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by christine123 View Post
    Interesting how rosacea can so drastically change one mentally as well as physically. Well, since I know that right now my whole life revolves around my rosacea and I've taken to experimentation solely for the purpose of getting rid of it, it would make sense how my life and ways of thinking would change if I didn't have it.

So glad you don't have to deal with the beast anymore.
    Hi Christine, But I do deal with it -- every day, only no longer in public. In private I carefully watch my skin for any regression. To prevent this I am still dabbing on the borax solution. I had just been reading some old posts over at the yahoo group and read about long and short mites. It seems to me the short ones are still in my skin because of the surprise infestation that pops up now and again. The borax solution kills them off and my skin is fine after about a week. But they are still there. This morning I made my 2nd batch of the month of borax water and I'm chugging that. And I continue to low-carb, among other things. I ordered liquid ivomactin yesterday (and they already have it out! Yay!). Maybe this will kill of the remaining demodex.

But, yeah, because I look normal, I feel normal. This change came quickly. I don't have the dysmorphia that would be analogous to when you hear about when, say, someone loses a lot of weight.

I hope you get rid of the beast soon, too! There IS a solution for everyone.