Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Treating papules

Default Treating papules

Hi all,

I'm really struggling again with my face. It's covered with itchy red bumps (mainly on my cheeks). I was diagnosed with rosacea by several doctors including a dermatologist. I've tried many things in the past:
    - Stuff that made things worse: metrogel/cream, topical antibiotics
    - Too many side effects: oracea, minocyclin 100 mg, finacea (actually 20% azelain acid because finacea isn't available here)
    - Stuff that didn't work/stopped wor tea tree cream, zinc oxide cream, aloe vera gel, zinc supplements, manuka honey, coconut oil

Because of the itching I think it might be demodex mites but after searching the forum I'm quite puzzled about how to treat that (borax isn't available here, TTO didn't work, sea buckthorn oil - don't know how/where to get that). I am thinking about permetrine topical or ZZ cream but those are also hard to find here. I live in the Netherlands.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am so tired of this struggle!
    Please help... Thanks in advance...

Angela

Hi Angela,

Sorry you're having so much trouble. I order my sea buckthorn on the following site : www.argousier.com (argousier being the french name for sea buckthorn) They have good quality organic product. You have to know that sea buckthorn is quite expensive.
    I do not use it on my face because I don't really have P&P's but many on this forum and others reported having success with it.
    I hope this will help.
    Best wishes. Marie

Hi Marie,

Thanks for your reply. I found out the dutch word for sea buckthorn oil and a dutch website to order it. It is very expensive indeed! I might try it though, still thinking of that...

Other suggestions are still more than welcome!

How about Oregano oil, I read in one thread about demodex mites that it can kill them...?
    And sulphur (which is in ZZ cream): does it kill demodex mites?
    Last edited by Angela1979; 3rd June 2011 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela1979 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm really struggling again with my face. It's covered with itchy red bumps (mainly on my cheeks). I was diagnosed with rosacea by several doctors including a dermatologist. I've tried many things in the past:
    - Stuff that made things worse: metrogel/cream, topical antibiotics
    - Too many side effects: oracea, minocyclin 100 mg, finacea (actually 20% azelain acid because finacea isn't available here)
    - Stuff that didn't work/stopped wor tea tree cream, zinc oxide cream, aloe vera gel, zinc supplements, manuka honey, coconut oil

Because of the itching I think it might be demodex mites but after searching the forum I'm quite puzzled about how to treat that (borax isn't available here, TTO didn't work, sea buckthorn oil - don't know how/where to get that). I am thinking about permetrine topical or ZZ cream but those are also hard to find here. I live in the Netherlands.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am so tired of this struggle!
    Please help... Thanks in advance...

Angela
    Hi Angela,

I get some relief from P&Ps by using sulfur creams. On my nose I use ZZ cream and on my forehead I use David Hoskings sulphur cream. I've also recently switched to Brady Barrows Low Carb Diet. I'm only 6 days into the diet so it's too soon to tell if it's working for me.

-Dave-

Hi Angela. I too have been struggling with itchy pauples and pustules. Ive recently started using ZZ cream and its helped already.... 6 days into taking it. I started a thread called, "My ZZ cream experience". Ill be updating it periodically with my progress. But to be brief, its been working. Most of the bumps are starting to heal and flatten out. My face has just been a little more red than normal and pretty dry. But Ifeel like Im just pealing off the old layer and starting with fresh new skin.
    Theres only really one or two websites you can buy the stuff from. I bought mine from here http://www.demodexsolutions.com/vpas...pexd.asp?id=25 . It is fairly expensive, plus shipping isnt cheap, but I was surprised how fast mine arrived all the way from China to NY. You dont need much at all when you apply it to your face. So when you get it and you say I paid ??? for this tiny jar. One little jar should last a decent amount of time. Its best used with damp hands and a damp face so it goes on a little more consistently.

Thanks Dave and Kirk.
    Here in the Netherlands you can get a prescription ointment with sulphur (5%) and zinc which I think might be quite similar to ZZ cream (which also has sulphur and zinc as main ingredients). I'm considering asking my GP for a prescription.

I still would like to know more about oregano oil and sea buckthorn oil.
    Any experiences? And should I use it neat or diluted?
    Last edited by Angela1979; 4th June 2011 at 07:29 AM.

After some googling I found this:

http://rosacea-support.org/can-sea-b...sacea-can.html

It says sea buckthorn oil does not kill demodex mites... ???

Also, I've read on this forum in several posts that tea tree oil does NOT kill demodex mites whereas the above quoted article says 50% TTO does... I am really confused now...
    Last edited by Angela1979; 4th June 2011 at 07:51 AM.

Sorry, I keep adding new questions and comments...
    Just keep on stumbling upon information that confirms I might have a demodex mites allergy. My face itches during the day (just the bumps) but the ithcing is much much worse at night. Demodex itch is desrcribed as a crawling sensation on the skin at night which is exactly what I experience. Not only on my face but on my entire body... Geez, well... I should bathe myself in borax then... wish I could find that stuff here in the Netherlands but cannot find it, don't have a bath tub either.

Ok, well I found a nicely priced product containing sea buckthorn oil from the brand Weleda. These are the ingredients:

Ingredients (INCI): Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil (sea buckthorn oil), Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Farnesol*. * from natural essential oils

I'm not sure because of the other ingredients, especially the perfume, limonene and citral.

I found something better. A skin oil with sea buckthorn oil, sweet almond oil and sesame oil. I ordered this together with sea buckthorn soap.
    Until I have this I am killing the mites with 100% teatree oil, I just applied it and no bad reaction so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela1979 View Post
    I found something better. A skin oil with sea buckthorn oil, sweet almond oil and sesame oil. I ordered this together with sea buckthorn soap.
    Until I have this I am killing the mites with 100% teatree oil, I just applied it and no bad reaction so far.
    Hi Angela,

I've tried to use 100% TTO and at first it seemed to work wonders, really cleared up my face, but then it became and irritant and actually made my face worse. Just letting you know how it worked for me.

-Dave-