Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bit of a minor miracle.Well...huge miracle actually!

Question Bit of a minor miracle.Well...huge miracle actually!

Hi all...long time no type!

I haven't been on the forum for a long long time because I had a break down. I've been ill for many years (I'm 37) with M.E/CFS, diagnosed with MCS (multiple chemical sensitivity) and rosacea started 2 years ago.

Many of you may recall my desperate posts at the time? I know aot of you were amazing at helping me.

Well....the last 3 months a major miracle occured. I wanted to share it with you and possibly get your feedback please as to why you think it could have happened?

I haven't been able to use ANYTHING on my face for 2 years. (did all the usual derms, meds etc etc and nothing helped) I got very low....well, rock bottom actually as I could no longer wear make up...which was my main devestation. Been very ill with illness I stated..and had a break down last year after my partner of 15 years left me.

However, 3 months ago a new man came into my life. He changed my whole world from one of darkeness and suicidal thoughts for years......to overwhemling happiness beyond anything I've ever known. Gradually because of this happiness I found my health, wellbeing and pretty much every aspect of my life improved....but the main thing.....I could tolerate products on may face again!!!!...I started gradually....and built up over the weeks...till I was able to wear makeup again with NO REACTION AT ALL for weeks. I was absolutely over the moon and words couldn not express my joy. I started to go out socially for the first time in 2 years. I looked as I used to before the rosacea. I felt confident, happy and my self esteem came rocketing back to an all time high.

The story sdaly has an unhappy ending...the relationship was not destined to last and since then as a result of depression/anxiety/stress/upset/hurt and pain/devestation and decline in my over all health and wellbeing due to losing him etc....all Hell has broken lose on my face and I'm back to intolerance of anything and raging burning.

I'm trying to get my head round why after 2 years I was suddenly able to tolerate products and be back to my old self again of makeup and happiness, even if for a brief time?.......and will it happen again?....or was it just some 'miracle' that happened while I was sky high on cloud 9 and really well and happy for the first time in like....FOREVER?

I thought it was because I was healing...due to my happiness and new lust for life and my new man etc...my body was stronger and therefore able to tolerate with immune system happier etc...I was more tolerant?.......But I truly have NO clue why it happened?

Anyone got any theories/adbive/help?....Not using anything on skin now, before you mention it....I'm left devestated and very ill again as my M.E gets really bad when I face any upset...as does my skin! ....least if anything though it's shown me hope wasn't entirely lost! .......cheers folks

Love Lynne x

The psychology and rosacea subject is something that needs to be studied more since there hasn't really been anything substantial written on this subject. However, you may read this post which might help.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

Default Tyvm

Hi

Thanks..that was a very intersteing link to read. I really do believe that emotional wellbeing and physical well being go hand in hand and when you are emotionally fragile for whatever reason...it will impact on your skin/body etc. That's just my opinion and what seems to very much happen to me.

V interesting.....

Hi Lynne,

I believe stress is a big rosacea trigger. You have dealt with a lot of stress during the last few years and that may have had an impact on your skin. When you were happy your body was probably a lot less stressed so your skin improved. Bring back the stress and the rosacea returns.

Wishing you the best.

-Dave-

Dear Lynne,

How lovely to see you post.

The positive thing is that your skin DID recover & recover well by the sound of it.

I believe that there is a definite link between our emotions & how our skin behaves.

At least you now have some hope for the future..........I pray that you find the

happiness that you seek eventually.

You certainly deserve it.

Judy x
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Aww Hello!

So lovely to 'see you' again...sorry I've been off the radar.

I really appreciate your reply. So kind.

I'm freaking out now that I've damaged my skin for another 2 years!......OR is it just the unbearable emotional pain and stress I'm suffering at the moment that's causing my burning....although my whole body is burning...all over....so deffo a stress thing!!!

I guess it's time and working on healing my emotional wellbeing again....then maybe it will improve like it did before.

Much love to you...hope you're alright hun?

xx

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelgirl6 View Post
    Aww Hello!

So lovely to 'see you' again...sorry I've been off the radar.

I really appreciate your reply. So kind.

I'm freaking out now that I've damaged my skin for another 2 years!......OR is it just the unbearable emotional pain and stress I'm suffering at the moment that's causing my burning....although my whole body is burning...all over....so deffo a stress thing!!!

I guess it's time and working on healing my emotional wellbeing again....then maybe it will improve like it did before.

Much love to you...hope you're alright hun?

xx
    Hello Lynne,

I am good thanks!

You CAN heal emotionally (I for one certainly know that) & you are young sweetheart,

there is sooooooooo much ahead of you!

One step at a time, but you now know for sure that 'miracles CAN happen'.

HUGE hugs Judy x
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Hi

The effect of stress/anxiety/sadness on my skin is very profound. For example when I was sitting the finals for my first degree, my skin errupted in redness, bumps, blisters...it itched and constantly for the entire duration of the exams (a couple of months) and every morning I would jolt awake with fear and burning in my face. As soon as the stress passed, my skin started to improve.

I think you are also one of those whose stress and sadness becomes very visable on your face. I'm sorry for that, I know it sucks . But I definitely think you should be encouraged by the fact that when your spirits lifted, you skin reactions improved. Would you be able to seek help in managing anxiety/depression? Could you seek councelling or take a medication for a while? It could help. Stress and depression send our hormones, immune system etc. crazy and of course this upsets our skin.

I'm really sorry that your relationship ended. I know how awful that is. A couple of years ago, the person I was with for 3 years left me, and I barely lived for months. It was like I stopped engaging in society all together. I didn't eat, didn't go out unless totally necessary, thought I couldn't feel happy ever again. My skin was terrible and I lost so much weight I was like a corpse. But a few years down the line I'm fine, and you will be too!

I'm sorry if I've said anything out of line. I hope you start to feel better soon

Quote Originally Posted by sparrow-legs View Post
    Hi

The effect of stress/anxiety/sadness on my skin is very profound. For example when I was sitting the finals for my first degree, my skin errupted in redness, bumps, blisters...it itched and constantly for the entire duration of the exams (a couple of months) and every morning I would jolt awake with fear and burning in my face. As soon as the stress passed, my skin started to improve.

I think you are also one of those whose stress and sadness becomes very visable on your face. I'm sorry for that, I know it sucks . But I definitely think you should be encouraged by the fact that when your spirits lifted, you skin reactions improved. Would you be able to seek help in managing anxiety/depression? Could you seek councelling or take a medication for a while? It could help. Stress and depression send our hormones, immune system etc. crazy and of course this upsets our skin.

I'm really sorry that your relationship ended. I know how awful that is. A couple of years ago, the person I was with for 3 years left me, and I barely lived for months. It was like I stopped engaging in society all together. I didn't eat, didn't go out unless totally necessary, thought I couldn't feel happy ever again. My skin was terrible and I lost so much weight I was like a corpse. But a few years down the line I'm fine, and you will be too!

I'm sorry if I've said anything out of line. I hope you start to feel better soon
    Oh, wait, this happened to me, too. I completely forgot about it. It was exam time and I broke out with "hives" everywhere. I don't think it's very uncommon, but I think the person suffering the hives or rash or whatever you want to call it is far, far more aware (duh) of it than anyone she comes into contact with. I didn't tell anyone about it. I threw on the foundation and wore a long skirt.

A few years later I had rashes from nerves develop along my inner arms and behind my knees and neck (where the skin is most tender).

It is anxiety.

What did I do? The usually prescribed stuff: exercise, meditation, philosophy, better nutrition. Probably growing up had a lot to do with it, too, you realize exams and stuff don't mean the end of the world. Still, I feel I need to deal with stress everyday. It no longer overwhelms me, but it's always coming, like water into a leaky boat. I have managed to seal most of the leaky cracks, but you know how it is. Keep cool, inside and out, upstairs and downstairs.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Yes I agree when I'm stressed i tend to get flusterd and it can cause a flare when i was 14 and at school I used to dread it and getting ready in the mornings was hell, I would see my face was red in the mirror, panic about it being red and of course it would get redder and then i wouldn't be able to put makeup on my flaming cheeks,start crying making it even worse and I would make myself sick so I didnt have to go to school. I know this sounds insane but I really couldn't stop and think rationally about it! Even now if i see my face is red in the mirror I notice it flares instantly like i'm so embarassed of even looking at myself. My rosacea has become physical aswell as emotional for me :S