Thread: A critical supplement for your body to combat base redness- OXYGEN!!!

Default A critical supplement for your body to combat base redness- OXYGEN!!!

A light bulb just went off in my head. I tried this and the results I saw were immediate and quite simply amazing.

Here's the trick: Breathe deeply. That's it. Everyone try this- Stand in front of a mirror, or sit down and hold a hand-held mirror. Close your eyes and breathe deeply and slowly for 10 breaths. This should take you between 1 and 2 minutes to complete. After you're done, open your eyes and look in the mirror. Please let me know on here if anything changed after those 10 breaths regarding your base redness as I'm very curious how effective this is for rosacea. My face is practically completely pale the entire time I maintain deep breathing. Note that this does not include p&p or specific areas of damage, which won't magically go away from breathing alone, just base redness. You may not get completely pale, but I would like to know if the deep breathing has helped in any way.

It all made sense once I pieced it together. CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) is one of the most well-known vasodilators. I for one have never really breathed deeply unless I was asleep. I always breathed very shallowly, taking in very little air and letting out very little. Sure, it was enough to survive, but I know for a fact now that I was chronically oxygen-starved and the gas exchange in my body was pitiful, leaving way too much CO2 in my tissues. It also makes sense as the area I'm living in is about a mile above sea level and the oxygen levels in the atmosphere here are very sub-par, making shallow breathing even more dangerous.

Not to mention that oxygen is required for cells to intake nutrients, metabolize energy and remove waste- the basic building blocks for tissue maintenance and regeneration.

I actually searched for this topic in the forum and I didn't stumble upon anyone suggesting deep-breathing exercises to combat rosacea. I was surprised, but if someone has come up with this theory before, I apologize, I couldn't find it. I've come across a few ways to train your subconscious into automatically performing deep breathing so you don't have to think about it. Not sure how long that would take, but it's probably possible!
    Last note: I've been deep-breathing for the entire duration of writing this post and I'm still pale!

*note- this is not hyperventilation. You breathe slowly in and out with complete breaths, filling your lungs to capacity and then expelling them fully. You may feel slightly giddy at first as your body is not used to the heightened oxygen levels, but it is not dangerous*
    Current skincare regime for rosacea subtypes I, II and IV started March, 2012:

*Strict diet. No dairy, wheat, sugar, nuts/seeds, legumes. Only meat, 'safe starches', and low-phenol starchy/unstarchy fruits and veggies and water with ghee, lard and duck fat as cooking aids and sources of fat. Also avoiding food intolerances.
    Supplementing with raw food multivitamin, liquid zinc sulfate with copper, epsom salt baths (magnesium sulfate), calcium and vitamin C. Lots of water!

Thumbs up

Hello Christine,

I do this when I have a major flush & it always helps!

I also calms me instantly!

Enjoy!

Judy
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Use Optimel & Ilast cream for MGD Ocular rosacea.

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Default yoga

you'd love yoga....doing the postures is accompanied by deep, long breaths...so not only are you breathing deeply, you'll be getting numerous other benefits as well!

Default Deep Breathing works!!--- Food intolerances

Quote Originally Posted by christine123 View Post
    A light bulb just went off in my head. I tried this and the results I saw were immediate and quite simply amazing.

Here's the trick: Breathe deeply. That's it. Everyone try this- Stand in front of a mirror, or sit down and hold a hand-held mirror. Close your eyes and breathe deeply and slowly for 10 breaths. This should take you between 1 and 2 minutes to complete. After you're done, open your eyes and look in the mirror. Please let me know on here if anything changed after those 10 breaths regarding your base redness as I'm very curious how effective this is for rosacea. My face is practically completely pale the entire time I maintain deep breathing. Note that this does not include p&p or specific areas of damage, which won't magically go away from breathing alone, just base redness. You may not get completely pale, but I would like to know if the deep breathing has helped in any way.

It all made sense once I pieced it together. CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) is one of the most well-known vasodilators. I for one have never really breathed deeply unless I was asleep. I always breathed very shallowly, taking in very little air and letting out very little. Sure, it was enough to survive, but I know for a fact now that I was chronically oxygen-starved and the gas exchange in my body was pitiful, leaving way too much CO2 in my tissues. It also makes sense as the area I'm living in is about a mile above sea level and the oxygen levels in the atmosphere here are very sub-par, making shallow breathing even more dangerous.

Not to mention that oxygen is required for cells to intake nutrients, metabolize energy and remove waste- the basic building blocks for tissue maintenance and regeneration.

I actually searched for this topic in the forum and I didn't stumble upon anyone suggesting deep-breathing exercises to combat rosacea. I was surprised, but if someone has come up with this theory before, I apologize, I couldn't find it. I've come across a few ways to train your subconscious into automatically performing deep breathing so you don't have to think about it. Not sure how long that would take, but it's probably possible!
    Last note: I've been deep-breathing for the entire duration of writing this post and I'm still pale!

*note- this is not hyperventilation. You breathe slowly in and out with complete breaths, filling your lungs to capacity and then expelling them fully. You may feel slightly giddy at first as your body is not used to the heightened oxygen levels, but it is not dangerous*
    Hi Christine,

I know that this is an old post, but I just was looking in the mirror and was feeling more anxious because I was looking red. Well, I tried breathing deep for a minute or so and IT WORKS! After 10 seconds all of my base redness faded. I have a feeling that I "gear up" to look in the mirror and I may look red b/c I am anxious. I think you're on to something with this! I am still deep breathing and my skin still looks paler. It FEELS so much better too. I looked so much better last night after walking-- I now know it's because I was deep breathing. If I could remember to breathe like this all day I bet my skin would look GREAT! I am going to post notes and such around my house, car, etc. to breathe deeply. Anyone who feels a lot of anxiety about their skin should give this a go! Even if you don't have anxiety, deep breathing can be very beneficial to your health, I am sure.

Also--I got the results of my ELISA test back:

I am strongly intolerant to garlic- OMG I eat that everyday, who would have thought?? and kamut (a type of high protein wheat). My moderate reactions are sulfite, beef/veal and certain types of fish and some chemicals. I am going to avoid all of these foods and chemicals and hope that things improve. Honestly, I cannot believe I am reactive to garlic- I literally thought that it was so good for me! I am surprised about the beef and veal- I think beef allergies/intolerances are pretty uncommon. I am a bit confused about the kamut as I am really unsure what exactly that is. I don't see it on any food labels so am unsure what it's in. I suppose I should just go back to my original diet of avoiding all grains/carbs and sugar and now adding beef, garlic and fish. Sigh. Back to my chicken and vegetables. Lol.

It definitely works!

Default http://www.normalbreathing.com/d/chronic-inflammation.php

Its hard to find something specific on breathing, but the above reference is prob common as to the info you find. Slow admonial breathing seems to be favoured. Buketo breathing is big on the idea of slowly breathing down. However some say its quack medicine. However some national asthma associations beleive its of benefit. Dermatitis i was told by one doc is common in people with asthma. buketo and other breathing sites believe breathing can help sleeping, stress, allergies, asthma you name it . benefits prob overstated but if you do deep breath i find it calms me down. just dont overbreath

@ Angela.. it's so relaxing too!

@ Dryfairskin.. thanks, I will check out that link!

Default Breathe!

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART00521...exercises.html

I use the second exercise regularly and it helps reduce my stress.

I'm going to try this the next time I have a flushing to see how quickly it improves

It's likely the relaxation which is calming the flushing.

If your hypothesis were correct, breathing pure oxygen would be a cure.