Thread: Home Made Eye Lid Scrub -- thoughts??

Default Home Made Eye Lid Scrub -- thoughts??

Having read much in this site about tea tree oil (TTO) and how it is effective on demodex, I was wondering about making my own eye lid scrub using TTO and, say, baby shampoo or coconut oil -- a bit of this and a bit of TTO, gently scrub, scrub the lids and lashes. What do you all think?
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Having read much in this site about tea tree oil (TTO) and how it is effective on demodex, I was wondering about making my own eye lid scrub using TTO and, say, baby shampoo or coconut oil -- a bit of this and a bit of TTO, gently scrub, scrub the lids and lashes. What do you all think?
    Good ideia, that's been in mind for some time as well.
    I was trying out lid scrubs with tea tree oil and baby shampoo, but it irritated the eyes a lot.

I think the key would be to leave a cream or similar on the eye lashes over night, so the mites will 'suffocate', when they come out.
    'Just replied to your other thread, would be interesting if we would be able to get our hands on the recipe for this mixture, or create our own.
    Last edited by GiGi.; 22nd May 2011 at 06:29 PM.

I understand re the suffocation!! This is the word I've been using for 2 weeks now since starting to use an ointment: Lacri-lube. I figured this would immobilize and kill the mites. But it seems to me if they can hide inside your eyelash follicles they might avoid suffocating. I spread this ointment on nice and thick overnight (it's for use inside your eye, so it's cool).

Did you read the whole article? The doctors recommend tto with macadamia nut oil as the carrier. I'm going to go get some macadamia nut oil as soon as I finish writing to you :-)

I have sent the practice an email asking about an appointment. If Dr. Safran can do the tto lid scrub for me successfully I'd be ecstatic -- I've had decades of this crap. But I will try the home-treatment first. The better to see an end to this all.

Yes, I saw your other post. I would think all the compound is is TTo and a neutral base. But if the bugs are really stuck inside your follicles and your body is having no luck fighting them off, it seems the in-office scrub might do the trick.

Wink Gottcha!

I couldn't get macadamia nut oil, so I came home and threw together EVOO and TTO (don't ask re proportions. I left it to my intuition) and scrubbed my eyelids and eyebrows with it. I left it on for 5 minutes (one and a half pop songs on the radio) and then applied a warm washcloth again and again to pat the oils off.

OK, fine. about 5 mins later I feel crawly things around my eyes, on my nose. I wonder if it was demodex dropping down! I jumped up and ran to the bathroom. Didn't see anything. But I glommed Sea Buckthorn oil all over my face. And then the borax solution for good measure.

Oooh! I hope I started something. My eyes feel fine from the TTO. No burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    The doctors recommend tto with macadamia nut oil as the carrier. I'm going to go get some macadamia nut oil as soon as I finish writing to you :-)
    Great ideia. But be careful, I used macadamia oil once as a natural eye makeup remover, and it irritated my eyes a lot - this in combination with the TTO probably will be quite painful.

Maybe you could mix a little bit of TTO with the Lacri-Lube?

P.S. I tried to correct the grammar & English mistakes in my previous post, but somehow couldn't send it off. Anyway, I see from your reply that you understood how it was meant. :-)

Red face

GiGi, see the post above your previous post. You and I must have been typing at close to the same time.

It's now a few hours later and MY EYES STILL FEEL GOOD! I really think a huge change has been effected. I'm too excited to go to bed. YaY!

Quote Originally Posted by GiGi. View Post
    Great ideia. But be careful, I used macadamia oil once as a natural eye makeup remover, and it irritated my eyes a lot - this in combination with the TTO probably will be quite painful.

Maybe you could mix a little bit of TTO with the Lacri-Lube?

P.S. I tried to correct the grammar & English mistakes in my previous post, but somehow couldn't send it off. Anyway, I see from your reply that you understood how it was meant. :-)

Hi

It has been now four days into your experiment, just wondering how it is going?

Quote Originally Posted by GiGi. View Post
    Hi

It has been now four days into your experiment, just wondering how it is going?
    I think it IS working. One sign is when I wake up my eyes don't feel dry and miserable like they used to. But these are early days. i am hoping logic and determination win out.