Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How were you able to get rid of your papules/pustules?

Default How were you able to get rid of your papules/pustules?

Assuming you were able to accomplish this. I have rosacea redness + papules/pustules. I think Doxy is starting to lose its efficacy after a year and a half. I tend to react badly to any topical solution. If you were able to get rid of your pimples permanently, how did you accomplish it

Also, were you able to find the root cause(s) of your p&p's? I still haven't found mine.

Default P& P's

Sounds like we both are challenged by the P & P's ...here is ranking of most effective treatments for me:

#1 Low sugar diet
    #2 Clenia topical
    #3 Finacea (did a nice job of clearing up nose blackheads), doesn't do much
    for P&P's. I use in combo with Clenia.

Did not work:
    Antibiotic..doctor pulled em after 3 months
    Metrogel...did not work on P&P's

Quote Originally Posted by TerrenceT View Post
    Sounds like we both are challenged by the P & P's ...here is ranking of most effective treatments for me:

#1 Low sugar diet
    #2 Clenia topical

Did not work:
    Interesting read.
    Lately, many people have been reporting that their rosacea gets better by reducing sugar-intake.

Talking I HAD rosacea redness + papules/pustules according to my dermatolgist

Quote Originally Posted by TerrenceT View Post

#1 Low sugar diet
    #2 Clenia topical

Did not work:
    He prescribed Metrogel and doxy. I did not take them and started trying different things to solve the problem. I started applying Black seed (cumin)oil mixed with tea tree oil. Apply to fore head, Within a month cleared up. Had rash/postules for over a year, all gone now. I also washed my face morning and evening. No sugar but I dont think that the sugar had anything to do with it going away. Oh I also took for the first 5 days only and anti inflamatory pill/New Chapter Zyflamend.Here is what worked for me: (Life Extension - (black cumin seed oil)cut open capsule and mix with 5 drops of organic tea tree oil apply morning and evening after washing face gently with hands only (no wash cloth)with Dr. Mercolas body wash. I also took but dont think it was a contributer to the cure but just in case. I took and anti Candida Pill as prescribed on the bottle for 1 month.Dont remember the brand but got at a health food/ vitamin shop.Now after it has cleared up I put the tea tree oil w/cumin oil on at night and put a vitamin c lotion on in the mornings. Good Luck hope this will work for everyone. Remember it took a month for it to completely go away. So give it a chance before you count it out. Other things I take before I started treatment but contiued takind during treatment are: Dr. Mercola probiotics,Krill oil, ubiquinol and astaxanthin. Don't think but don't know for sure if they helped or not. Just letting you know everything I take because I'm cured so far. Hope it will work for other people. Tea tree oil doesnt smell to good but if it works. I got used to it. khuck

Diet, diet and diet. Eat clean, avoid sugar, alcohol, keep carbs low (carbs are processed in the body the same as sugar) and stay well hydrated (drink nothing but water/seltzer water) . Stay strict on this diet for a few months and you will see results.

Default Diet and Simple Products

I agree about the diet. Cutting diet soda made a big difference for me. I also switched to organic coffee. I don't think caffeine is a trigger for me, but sugar definitely is. I started drinking Sprite a few days ago, as I was getting over the stomach flu. Immediately, three little pimples showed up on my face. Could have been stress-related from the illness, but I really think it was the soda.

I also started using only the Cetaphil gentle cleansing bar (not the antibacterial one!), Cetaphil daily moisturizer with SPF 15, and CeraVe cream at night if my skin is really dry. I use Physicians Formula Mineral Wear makeup to cover up redness and even skintone, and I also use MAC Studio Fix for coverage. I use Finacea as well. Metrogel didn't work for me.

It's so tough - I really think everyone has a different formula for what works for their particular situation. And, it may not work forever. Keep trying different ideas, and be good to yourself.

Default Ltd IV

I subscribe to the Demodex mite idea at least for my problem. These mites carry a bacteria in their gut and they have no anus. My hypothesis is that when you kill a bunch of them when treating, they die and release a bunch of bacteria causing an increase in pustules. What can be interpreted as a failure might actually be a success of sorts. If I keep treating to kill them my face cleared. What we see sometimes as a flare up may be a start to remission. It takes time to beat these mites it is a life cycle thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyB View Post
    Diet, diet and diet. Eat clean, avoid sugar, alcohol, keep carbs low (carbs are processed in the body the same as sugar) and stay well hydrated (drink nothing but water/seltzer water) . Stay strict on this diet for a few months and you will see results.
    I tried a diet of 20 foods of my choosing, and stuck to it for 3 months with no change in my face. They were (all organic):

Avocado, Eggs, Quinoa, Lentils, Black Beans, Carrots, Broccoli, Sweet Potatoes, Coconut Oil, Lettuce, Kale, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Seaweed, Nutritional Yeast, Onions, Raspberries, Blueberries, Apples, Sea Salt (used very sparingly).

I drank lots of water, and yet nothing shifted. I ate a pretty good diet before that (no dairy, meat or refined sugars), so it wasn't a huge shift, but given all this, I don't think diet is the only factor. Unless the carbs in the sweet potato, quinoa and fruit were my downfall.

I now eat salmon, and have organic corn tortilla chips from time to time as a treat, but I've been eating pretty clean for the past year and it hasn't made an impact on the acne like bumps all over my face, nor on the redness... I stay away from sulfites and spicy food, and so I tend to flush up less (mainly when I'm stressed out or exercising), yet there's consistent redness in my face.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Auroraborealis View Post
    I tried a diet of 20 foods of my choosing, and stuck to it for 3 months with no change in my face. They were (all organic):

Avocado, Eggs, Quinoa, Lentils, Black Beans, Carrots, Broccoli, Sweet Potatoes, Coconut Oil, Lettuce, Kale, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Seaweed, Nutritional Yeast, Onions, Raspberries, Blueberries, Apples, Sea Salt (used very sparingly).

I drank lots of water, and yet nothing shifted. I ate a pretty good diet before that (no dairy, meat or refined sugars), so it wasn't a huge shift, but given all this, I don't think diet is the only factor. Unless the carbs in the sweet potato, quinoa and fruit were my downfall.

I now eat salmon, and have organic corn tortilla chips from time to time as a treat, but I've been eating pretty clean for the past year and it hasn't made an impact on the acne like bumps all over my face, nor on the redness... I stay away from sulfites and spicy food, and so I tend to flush up less (mainly when I'm stressed out or exercising), yet there's consistent redness in my face.

Any thoughts?
    Yes, sorry to say. You are Sooo close to a great diet that would clear up your skin. You can have Quinoa.. but just a little a day. Apples are quick to feed the parasites, if you have an over growth. Listen I struggle too.. but the body gives me instant feed back. Once you have cleared up then you get the feed back on carbs instantly.. there will be no question in your mind.

*If* you have any fungus, or parasites then sulfurs in foods are extremely helpful. Applying sulfur to the skin will also help clear it all up. There are several ways to do that. You might also add probiotics. The health of the gut is directly related to the health of the skin.

Edit: Ooo you know what? Yeast might be an issues too. Many people are low level allergic to yeast and it adds to skin issues.

Thanks Starlite.

And, really I suppose another shot at a restricted diet, but this time minus the apples and sweet potatoes, couldn't hurt. I've been taking probiotics daily for a while now, and my naturopath had me on this gut repair stuff. Nothing had any affect, so I've been taking Testo-quench for the past few weeks (to inhibit male hormones that might be causing some of the break outs) and next week I'm starting to take sea buckthorn (pills of the oil internally and oil to apply externally).

What are sulfurs in foods? And how would I apply it to my skin? I'd wait to see how things go with the Testo-quench and sea buckthorn before trying something else, but it's good to know for the future.