Thread: This works for me

Default This works for me

Hello, I want to report that the following combination reduces my redness with approximately 10 procent every day: zinc + calendulan. I put a mixture on my face every day before I go to sleep and in the morning my face becomes paler and paler, and more important, less sensitive. So when I touch my skin on my face it doesn't instantly become red anymore. So my skin barrier has greatly improved. Today I couldn't even notice the redness anymore (unless I had a flush).

So the important ingredients in the zinc cream (Zwitsal zinkzalf) are :

zinc oxide: anti inflammatory, wound healing, mild astringent
    Panthenol: anti bacterial, moisturizing
    Bisabolol: anti irritant, anti inflammatory, anti-fungal
    camomille: cell regeneration
    zinc sulfate

Main ingredients in calendulan cream:

Tinctura Calendula officininalis 100mg: soothing and healing for the skin

I can't put my finger on what ingredient has the most impact (my guess goes to zinc oxide) but I think these 2 creams combined are very powerful and will certainly have great benefit for your skin.

Red face

sounds very interesting! Thank you.

I found this link to zwitsal zinkzalf for US people:

http://foodfromeurope.com/product_in...oducts_id=1880

Please let us know how you continue doing.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Oh so it's called salve instead of cream, couldn't remember what "zalf" in English was
    I'm sure there must be something similar in the UK/America, it's used for diaper rash.
    But when I typed "diaper salve UK" in google the first result was "I Want To Become A Diaper Slave. - [DD] Boards & Chat" so I decided not to look any further :P

LOL!

It occurred to me later that what you are using is simply a diaper rash cream. This is what I have, too: the generic zinc oxide cream. I think the zinc and its thick base immobilizes the skin mites. The ingredients in yours sound tailor-made for getting rid of rosacea, as long as it is caused by demodex (and i am certain mine is) with the skin cell regenerating camomile and the anti bacterial and anti inflammatory ingredients.

What do you suppose the calendula addresses specifically? and is it actually a tincture (in a bottle with a dropper)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    LOL!

It occurred to me later that what you are using is simply a diaper rash cream. This is what I have, too: the generic zinc oxide cream. I think the zinc and its thick base immobilizes the skin mites. The ingredients in yours sound tailor-made for getting rid of rosacea, as long as it is caused by demodex (and i am certain mine is) with the skin cell regenerating camomile and the anti bacterial and anti inflammatory ingredients.

What do you suppose the calendula addresses specifically? and is it actually a tincture (in a bottle with a dropper)?
    The Calendulan is a salve, something like http://www.nelsonsnaturalworld.com/e...lendula-cream/

The description of calendulan is "Specially developed to soothe and hydrate tired, damaged skin or skin thatís dry, rough, chapped or flaky, Calendula has been used for generations to nurture and restore healthy skin." and I think that the zinc salve is more anti bacterial/protecting than restoring so this is a nice complementary ingredient.

Thanks, I put the info into my file of "must trys". I'll get the calenduan next month. I like switching helpful topicals so that my skin doesn't "get used to" or get sensitized to one thing.

is your calendula stuff more like a cream? i've seen here in the states gel and ointment--and my skin does not like the ointment
    Cathy (Subtype II)

Quote Originally Posted by CrabbyCathy View Post
    is your calendula stuff more like a cream? i've seen here in the states gel and ointment--and my skin does not like the ointment
    It's a salve.

Yes, I saw that mentioned earlier. I'm going to assume it's more like an ointment, according to Google.

Thanks.
    Cathy (Subtype II)