Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8 years and no progress for good

Unhappy 8 years and no progress for good

Hello guys,

I've been having this condition for 7-8 years already, no mediciation really works except antibiotics (amoxyciline) but it just limits the number of pustules and everything comes back few days after i finish the antibiotic course. I was on Accutane for 7months it did nothing positive for me, except my face started to turn red and those pustules moved from only beard area to lips and nose. The culture lab tests returned nothing special (did them 4 times) - just the standard s. epidermidis that everyone has. I was tested for food allergy - nothing came out. From other tests though i know 'm allergic to dust but my doctor said it has nothing to do with the pustules. Anyway i met like 50 derm. doctors already everybody finally gives up after some time Ok enough talking here is the photo of my beard: (p.s no matter what topical cream will i use nothing works, and my skin just feel more and more itchy and painful). Is there any doctor here that can help me, of course i can pay.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/post-a29140-.html

Have you considered IPL? Or low-dose doxy (Oracea)? Or low dose accutane? I too have issues with p&p's. Sodium sulfacetimide/sulphur washes and creams have really helped me in the past 2 days. I was done for with itchy bumps all over my forehead after using dapsone, but I just kind of let it be for a day or two and then started using the wash at night and the the cream before bed last night. I woke up this morning to a gradual calming and shrinkage of the bumps. But I think it's crucial to target the source of the p&p's, which in my opinion, or I hypothesize, is from broken blood vessels and sebum leakage between layers of skin. For this, my plan is to get some more IPL (or BBL) done in a month or so.

Hope this helps or offers up some new ideas.

Best,

Stephen

Have you tried any therapy for demodex mites? If your skin Itches? I have heard but I certainly cannot confirm that itching can be a sign of demodex. Maybe give this a try.

Hi there

So sorry to hear you have not yet found a medical professional to really help you get to the bottom of the problem. What country are you from?? UK? US? other?? hopefully people from this forum can suggest some reputable Derms in your area.

I've had a look through the New Zealand Dermatology website, and I found a picture that looks very much like your photo: http://dermnetnz.org/acne/acne-infla...y-lesions.html
    ... by the sounds of it they classify this as 'inflammatory acne' and they note on the website possible reasoning behind it.

What isotretinoin dosage were you on?? have Derms or you considered long-term low dose isotretinoin such as 10mg a day and gradually lowering the dose e.g. 10mg week... if skin begins to clear?

I've recently seen on TV this cream for acne called Crystacide First Aid Cream which is used for the treatment of minor skin infections and prevention of infection in minor cuts, scrapes and burns. It is a potent agent against many types of bacteria and some fungi and viruses because it destroys essential components of the cells of these organisms. Because of this it is effective against the bacteria present on acne-affected skin. Not sure if this is something you might also be able to look into seeing Amoxycillin has been the best to help you so far (being an antibacterial agent)??
    Shantelle

31 Year old female from NZ

Default 8 years and no progress for good

Hey Stephen,

One thing i know i dont want to eat Accutane ever again. For me it was the most horrible experience which resulted in IBD, depression and permanent hairloss. Regarding IPL whats tha? Some kinda of laser - i never heard of it. I was thinking about DAPSONE also but it seems it has some serious side effects. I was on Accutane ofr 7months (dosage 75mg - as far as i remember), my "acne" came back 2/3 weeks after i stopped roaccutane, and well it came back far more worse.

I was thinking about doing IVERMECTIN but no idea if this will be suitable in my case. Also i need to find some online pharmacy to buy it since in my country it is not registered. Is IVERMECTIN expensive?

@shantelle:
    I'm from Poland, i heard different diagnosis including acne but of course they can create a diagnosis but they cant make this thing disappear. Regarding the Crystacide First Aid Cream i doubt it will work i have used so many other creams including topical antibiotics and antifungal agents - topical things do not work for me at all. I have notice im having major outbreaks after eating bananas and having sex (like 1-2 day after my face turns into disaster and multiple white pustules come out) - not sure why it happens. I think i need to test myself for thyroid problems.

Default And the nightmare returns...

So far no progress; i've had limited success with ZZ cream but it stopped working after months of using.

I have myself tested for demodex/fungi under microscope - nothing was found. Same goes for bacteria - still only s. epidermidis is found - which is typically normal and everybody has it.

I have bought a dr kern beautyskin lamp, i was using it for 2 weeks already so far a lot of new breakouts and no improvement.

I've tried diet and other things, nothing works. Are there any other options?

Default What's your diet?

Quote Originally Posted by kranekrane View Post

I've tried diet and other things, nothing works. Are there any other options?

Can you give me a typical list of the foods you eat during the week for breakfast, lunch and dinner and any snacks, please, for the past two weeks?
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Hey Brady,

I don't know if this is relevant but i had a gut biopsy few years ago (while having a gastroscopy). I was diagnosed with chronic gastritis plus the biopsy showed i have a 2nd stage of degradation in Marsh scale. The diagnosis was 'malabsorption syndrome' cause unknown. I thought it was caused by a celiac disease but I have done all the tests for antibodies and they came out negative. Also i was for gluten free diet for a while and I haven't seen much improvement. The tests I have made also showed I have a B12 vit deficiency (the iron levels were ok) but I have been injecting it for sometime already and the levels are normal again.

Anyway my typical breakfast currently is:
    - one spoon of raw coconut oil
    - gluten-free bread + 2 eggs

lunch:
    - rice/ gluten free bread/ + chicken or other meat
    - some fruits
    - orange/apple juice

dinner:
    - gluten free bread + some vegetables or meat
    - one spoon of raw coconut oil

I must say it is not always as strict as I have listed it here. Sometimes I just don't have the power anymore and I grab a snickers or two. But this rarely happens.

my skin looks similar to this (just more pustules):

any ideas what can this thing be? i have noticed that each time I'm sick and i don't eat anything for the entire day pustules are slowly disappearing :/

Hi

You seem to have tried out a lot...some ideias for treatment, which you might haven't done yet:

- Skinoren Cream (contains Azelaic Acid)

- Blue light treatment.
    I don't have any experience with that, but read a lot of good things about to treat stubborn cases of P&Ps. Btw, yours look a lot like acne and not really rosacea P&Ps.

- Have you tried yet TCM (traditional chinesische medicine)?
    In my opinion when the western medicine diagnostics all have failed, this is a way of treatment to consider.
    I had migraine and some other issues which no GP could help me with, I've found then a very good TCM practicioner who was able to cure me.

But do your research to find a reputable one, there are a lot of scam TCM practioners out there.

- Green juices
    I've been juicing for some time and I see definitely some healing effect on my skin

- Mud masks (healing earth)