Thread: Spider Veins : Electrolysis failed. What next?

Default Spider Veins : Electrolysis failed. What next?

Hi all

First and foremost, I have been browsing this forum for a long time but have never made the plunge to post so, hello!

I am still not 100 percent sure if what I suffer with is rosacea, so please forgive me if I'm still in the wrong forum!

I think what I suffer with is telangiectasia. Basically, tiny capillaries/thread veins around the nose, and intranasal veins.

After years of these little veins bugging me, and tonnes of concealers later, I decided to get electrolysis done at a local salon. Cost a small amount, thought it was worth a try. It was very painful, but I was pleased to see the veins dispersed immediately. Despite some scarring they healed a week later and I had a fairly clear complexion back! However....2 weeks or less in...and I notice them fading back. Now they are back 100 percent, and I sometimes wonder if they are back even worse!

I have since been thinking I should just go ahead and spend out on Veinwave, but I've heard such bad reviews of this, saying it's all marketing hype, I can't bear the thought of wasting all that money on a useless technique!

I recently come across a local mediaspa that runs a 'red vein' clinic, and has done so for the past 20 years. They claim to be expert professionals in the sector, and have had many disappointed Veinwave patients come there way after unsuccessful treatments.

They told me they use a method thermolysis, which has been very successful for them apparently.

The mediaspa I must say does seem to know their stuff, but maybe I'm just falling under their spell.

So to cut this huge post short, has anyone tried thermolysis?

What else have you all tried for the niggling veins around the nose/nostril?

Would really appreciate your feedback guys.

Thank you!

Welcome. Even if you dont have rosacea our members have plenty of experience with treating designed to get rid of veins. However I have never really heard mention of thermolysis and so I would imagine that it is the same lines as electrolysis (which as you mention tends to be unsuccessful).

First off it may be worth taking the supplements vitamin D3 and either pygenol or grape seed extract as members have reported seeing some lessening of facial veins (vit D3 brings many other benefits aswell). If this doesnt help then really the pulse dye laser set to bruise may be your best bet. But there are risks with any laser treatment and not something to be rushed into. There is some downtime due to the black bruise it produces and needs to really be done with someone medically qualified and suitably experienced. I am not keen on these cosmetic, they are largely unregulated and tend to pretend that they can do things they cant. If you are interested in the use of lasers there are various Q&A's at the top of the page and if you tell us where you live then people may be able to offer up some suggestions about where to go.

Best wishes

Sarah

Default Would Appreciate Any Help With Laser Advise

I hope I'm not butting in, but I live in Northeast Tennessee Tricity area- Bristol, Kingsport, Johnson City and would very much like anyone who has had any type of laser surgery for the face who lives in this area to please let me know about your experience. Thank you in advance

I would like to agree with the advice of phlika, please be very careful when deciding where to go for a laser treatment.

Most of those spas don't have qualified staff, and are as mentioned unregulated, things can go horribly wrong at those places.

I would search for a dermatologist who has a lot of experience with laser and rosacea, and also be prepared to do some travel if none is near to your area.

Bests,

Quote Originally Posted by fortyplusandred View Post
    I hope I'm not butting in, but I live in Northeast Tennessee Tricity area- Bristol, Kingsport, Johnson City and would very much like anyone who has had any type of laser surgery for the face who lives in this area to please let me know about your experience. Thank you in advance
    Hi fortyplusandred

There is a regional section on this board http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...-North-America
    If you post there, your question will be more visible and probably will generate more answers.

Thank you, I will.