Thread: 3 years,lots of things tried to no avail.Photos included.

Default 3 years,lots of things tried to no avail.Photos included.

I have had this skin problem for around three years now,it started with a very angry onset of red and skin coloured dome shaped palpules all over my forehead,hairline,cheeks and nose and a little on my neck and chin too.My ears also have a few on the edges.

I was given steroid creams from my gp and it cleared it pretty quickly but came back when i stopped using it.I have tried treating it as rosacea(i have a thread in the photos section called 9 months of misery) I also considered keratosis pilaris and more recently demodex mites overgrowth.I do get a crawling/tingling sensation on my forehead and mysideburn area occasionally too.

At the moment i am spending money left right and centre on creams,supplements and moisturisers and nothing rids me of the problem.

I am using teat tree oil and coconut oil at night and washing my face with nizoral/selsun blue shampoo.I also use a clarisonic mia face brush device(only used a few times so far) before i wash with shampoo to remove dead skin cells.

Here is a few photos of my face last night.I have been out in the sun alot lately so cannot tell if the tea tre/coconut oil is working or not,i am also going to begin washing my pillowcase every day to stop and infestation possibilities.I feel i am constantly clutching at straws and have been convinced i have so many different things.

I seen a derm once and he was rubbish,did not listen at all and put me on a beta blocker! Well this helped with the red facial flushing i get sometimes but not much else.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by slinkywonka; 26th April 2011 at 08:32 AM.

Forgot to mention a couple of things,i had a yorktest food intolerance test done and had had 3 number 1 graded positives(1 being lowest,5 highest) to yeat,cows milk and egg white) cut these from my diet and symptons improved but still did not go away and i lost alot of weight,i am a naturally slim bloke anyway so cannot afford to lose much weight

I also had a hair test done and once again yeast and dairy came up,along with high sugar.I spoke to a nutritionalist from yorktest who diagnosed me with candida/yeast overgrowth and had me buy oil of oregano pills and culturelle probitotics,once again symptons improved but failed to dissapear completely.

Red face

Slinky, please see my "psa" from yesterday under Topical and oral products (non-rx).
    "It's all illusion anyway."