Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: any recommendations on a decent moisturiser?

Default any recommendations on a decent moisturiser?

Hi, im currently looking for a new moisturiser, as the one i used to use 'olay active hydrogel' has been discontinued for what reason i do not know as it was truley the best moisturiser i have used, and actually moisturised and made the face feel supple, plus it was light, absorbed straight away and the price for it was amazing.
    This was it - http://www.olay.co.uk/product-range/...e_hydrogel.php

So what im asking is can any of you inform me of a similar or really good moisturiser for me like this.
    I have oily skin, yet it gets really tight and dry after shower, and the moisturiser i currently use 'paulas choice skin balancing moisture gel' is not at all moisturising and face still feels extremely tight etc afterwards.

Thanks in advance - really need to find one as this is killing my skin.

you might try zinc oxide. it's in the first aid section. I use it with much success. Cheap as dirt. Go very, very lightly since it is greasy and it's white.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

My derm recommended the 'La Roche Posay, Toleriane FLUID' (not the cream).

http://www.boots.com/en/LA-ROCHE-POS...d-40ML_865626/

@Ghost, which cream with zinc oxide do you use? I know that zinc is great for wound healing, so that's sound interesting...

Red face

Specifically, I use CVS Pharmacy "Zinc Oxide, Skin protectant ointment" It's 20% zinc oxide and the inactive ingredients are light mineral oil, white petrolatum and white wax.

NOTE: I am also doing the Borax - HP- Tea Tree Oil leave-on-over night protocol. When I wash that off I put a very light coating of tea tree oil on followed by a very light coating of sea buckthorn oil. THEN I put on the zinc oxide. The key is to be light!!!!!

If going out I put on some foundation (very lightly! surprise!) and a dusting of powder.

I am starting to look like my name, and that is a GOOD thing!! Oh, I'm low-carbing, too. Started low-carb April 6, started Borax April 22.
    Last edited by Ghost; 25th April 2011 at 07:06 PM.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Thank you Ghost, I will give this cream a go.

Quote Originally Posted by GiGi. View Post
    My derm recommended the 'La Roche Posay, Toleriane FLUID' (not the cream).

http://www.boots.com/en/LA-ROCHE-POS...d-40ML_865626/

I also use Toleriane Fluid. I have oily skin. This is the only one my skin tolerates without feeling not beeing able to breath.

Thanks for the replies, can you tell me if the toleraine fluid makes your skin feel instantly supple and more flexible when you put it on?

Please any more suggestions from people are most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Particular View Post
    can you tell me if the toleraine fluid makes your skin feel instantly supple and more flexible when you put it on?
    Mr Particular,

yes I would say so. I have instantly the refreshing sensation of moistured and supple skin. I think this is because Toleriane Fluid is non oily and really spends moisture and not oil/fat. If I put on an oily moisturiser I have the feeling the grease stays on top of my skin and does not penetrate and my face feels like suffocating and is getting warm. It can even trigger a flush. Toleriane Fluid feels really refreshing.

You can go to a pharmacy and ask if they have samples. Normally they have them. If not you should be able to return your product and get your monwy back if you not tolerate it. That is normal with skin care products from La roche Posay.

Hope this helps.

Barbara

Hi,

I also find the Toleriane crem or the Toleriane Ultra cream from the same brand good.
    Cetaphil restoraderm is another good cream. My skin is dry though.

ok, i got the la roche posay toleraine fluid, as you said it didnt irritate my skin at all, however it didnt really give my skin any real suppleness, maybe a little, but not much. I will keep using it until it finishes or i find a new product.
    It was soo annoying that the moisturiser i used 'olay active hydrogel' has been discontinued, it was soo damn good it was unreal.
    Anyway, please can others recommend any moisturiers that they feel is good - if it helps, the olay active hydrogel, was a gel type moisturiser, and maybe my skin finds this better than the fluid types.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.