Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My experience, 100% natural, easy and it worked!

Red face in a nutshell, but read the links

Quote Originally Posted by findingaway View Post
    Hi Ghost,

Congrats - you must be delighted!

I haven't seen our recent posts - could you post a link to them please?

Sorry - I know many are suffering much worse then me for longer and when younger. But without this outlet, I think I would go insane. I guess others deal with it better then me!

Alcohol? Can I really give up alcohol?

I don't do IPL - too scared of the side effects (fat loss) but would consider V BEAM. Why?
    Here you go, Finding... Just read down a few day's worth. Some won't have anything for you, but some will. It's not a lot! LOL! http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...earchid=208278

OK, alcohol. Some may say alcohol is not a "trigger". But if you ask me (and remember -- I am so clear today I had another wonderful few minutes at Sephora (the cosmetics chain) glancing into their little mirrors and seeing a pale face)) alcohol is a chief ingredient in the propagation of rosacea. I completely stopped having any alcohol a few months ago. Funny aside -- I then had a glass of Champagne on NYE and it didn't even taste good.

If you don't want rosacea you have to have courage. Every day you have to choose to do the right thing that will get rid of it.

The way I see it: your face reflects your insides. If your face is inflamed, your insides must be...

Correct!

Nutshell: ipl or vbeam help get the carp off your face. But you must make good in continuing the good work.

IN MY CASE:

1) It occurred to me laser therapy zaps demodex (I didn't believe a month ago I had demodex! But it was the last thing I didn't consider).

2) My last few laser sessions didn't take so well. I wondered why. Bread. That's what occurred to me. Bread -- starch -- sugar: put these things into a hot oven and what will happen? they will brown and burn, not whiten. What if, I thought, the sugars and starches I'm ingesting (alcohol = sugars) are actually ruing the effects of my laser work?

I stopped cold turkey all white flour (all flour, in fact) and sugar.

That was only around April 4, 2011.

I had vbeam April 16. (I'm not sure I'm getting the dates right from memory, it was the Friday before Palm Sunday).

3) I read an interesting post the following week from Churlina (put her name into the search field, there is only one thread) about borax. I read up on borax in rosacea on another site (I googled "Ted Borax" and found the info Churlina had found). I thought what have I got to lose? and plunged in.

4) April 22 I started the Borax. I also added tea tree oil and Sea Buckthorn oil, as described by other posters. My application of these is in the posts that are in the above link.

5) April 26 morning I was having a nice morning at Sephora (there had been a hitch. I did get a red blemish in the middle of my cheek. I kept hitting it with the topicals I mention above. Twice a day, three times a day. Now it's a thing of the past. )

All this happened in the space of just a few days. I believe the laser cooks the living mites. But their eggs remain. You have to keep hitting them with the simple ingredients I mention for 28 days solid (you'll see results before, but most parasites have a 28-day life cycle) to make sure you kill the old ones and the daily emerging new ones.

So much for topicals. Back to the alcohol, though. I believe this with the starches and other sugars feeds mites from underneath. Brady says sugar and flours cause inflammation.

I'm saying the inflammation is from the mites which are fed by certain things people ingest.

So, there you go. Make sense?

Great! I have to go back to packing :-)
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Red face Thanks a million!

churulina! Thanks! I've been sending people to your life-saving post.

I'll mark down those brand names in my notebook and see if I can find them. I guess I'll find the Savlon at Boots. For the aloe, I'll buy some when I get back home (of course, if i see some in London, I'll grab it!!!)

Are you still doing well?

My skin is just SO GOOD since I started the borax, and that was only on Good Friday. Yes, just 4 days ago. So I look forward to the Aloe and the Savlon. Yay!

Default that post about borax

Finding, here's that post by Churulina I mentioned that started me off toward Borax:

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ight=churulina

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    So, there you go. Make sense?
    It does make sense. I think mine may be related to demodex, but never got a diagnosis. It is only because someone said my rosacea looks just like theirs and they have a demodex infestation.

Thank you for all the information - but how do you know what is working and what isn't doing anything?

Cool

It does make sense. I think mine may be related to demodex, but never got a diagnosis. It is only because someone said my rosacea looks just like theirs and they have a demodex infestation.

Thank you for all the information - but how do you know what is working and what isn't doing anything?
    It's not a lot of stuff I'm hitting it with, and it's all going in a logical way:

Laser napalmed as much as possible; now I'm sending in the topical-copters. There aren't a lot of them: the borax, tea tree oil, sea buckthorn oil. Each one is doing its own thing. The first two kill the suckers (and borax is skin softening! A sweet bonus), the sea buckthorn probably drowns them (it's gloopy).

The Spartan diet is making sure there are no sweeties for them to live off of. I'm bombing them, starving them, drowning them.

(Many parasites respond to drowning in oil, for example, if your cat gets ear *mites* the best thing to do is put on old clothes, and go into a space where dark black sticky splattering doesn't matter. You then put 5 drops of extra virgin olive oil (body temperature, please) into kitty's ear's and as she shakes her head (and she will) sticky mites fly out (not under their own volition, they're goopped). Remaining ones will drown and they'll be shed. the olive oil can be repeated after a few days. THAT is where I got the drowning idea from. See, you just have to transfer your knowledge. Sea Buckthorn oil is a bit more elegant for people faces, it sinks into the skin. Olive oil sits on top, so it's not as nice, although it might work in the drowning. )

Enjoy :-)

Cool. I see your point.

I always wondered whether demodex mites breathe??

I put a drop of tea tree with my sea buckthorn oil and grapeseed oil. Just tried it on my chin which is now burning more then normal :/. But it did feel tingly, so maybe, just maybe that was the mites dying. Who knows!

Red face

Cool. I see your point.

I always wondered whether demodex mites breathe??

I put a drop of tea tree with my sea buckthorn oil and grapeseed oil. Just tried it on my chin which is now burning more then normal :/. But it did feel tingly, so maybe, just maybe that was the mites dying. Who knows!
    ALSO, your skin might be really sensitive to anything **because** of the inflammation. You have to experiment and tough through it. I went through lots of stuff before I got to this point.

Lots of things stung, but didn't work!

I do suggest the borax. I know it sounds insane -- it's sold in the *detergent* aisle. (I have regular 20 Mule Team).

You may as well go whole hog, it's cheap. Get the borax and mix some up with hydrogen peroxide. ***Put a little just at your jawbone close to the ear. It'll be your patch test. See how it is after a few hours.***

****Then try it on some clear skin on your face. if there's no reaction you can try it on the red parts.*** Since you are new to this you may have a reaction there, but that would be the bugs dying off. Once you commit to this you should do your whole face at night. I run the mixture through a coffee filter so all I get is a liquid (not the grainy paste of the borax). I also add a few drops of tea tree oil. Watch your eyes!!!! Maybe put some Vasoline around them.

Once you start don't stop, don't let the bugs get away. They are bugs, they will run. Maybe start on a Friday night so you have the weekend. If you're home you can keep applying the borax-hydrogen peroxide-tea tree oil solution 2 or 3 times a day. That's what I did.

Some people have trouble when the bugs start dying off, their skin gets worse. But you have to go through it. I believe ipl would help. But it is expensive.

To make you feel better, borax is used in some face creams. You can google up information. And you will have done a few patch tests to make sure you're not somehow sensitive to it. I urge you do to this to your satisfaction!

Hi Ghost,

Good to know that your skin is much better!! I'm every day better as well, I've been eating soups, spicy food, I've been in a jacuzzi and steam room (it was a NO-NO before) and still I'm OK, for me the big clue was killing mites and leave the skin to recover alone... boosting your immune system with the Aloe Vera and healthy diet!!!

To be more descriptive with my diet, here is what I eat and what I don't

YES: lots of any meat (chicken, beef, pork, turkey, ham, ANY),
    full fat animal food is more nutritive, and free range or organic, which means:
    Full fat cheese, full fat milk, full fat yogurt, full fat ice cream...

NO: carbohydrates (including vegetables and fruits), I really like fruits but I try to eat no more than 3 per day, and I eat vegetables only when I know that meat won't be enough and low quantities
    I don't eat AT ALL rice, pasta, pastries, biscuits, cereals, doughnuts ...
    I try to keep at minimum bread (only my sandwich every morning)
    I don't eat sweetener, I just avoid sugar, only if necessary brown sugar is the healthiest

Some times: alcohol only social, but quite little

By the way, with this diet I'm slimmer and healthier than ever in my life!! I know some things can sound crazy, but I've been reading a book, and everything is there... if you want to read it... here is "Trick and Treat" by Barry Groves...

By the way, You can find fresh Aloe Vera mostly in Indian shops (in UK)

I'm really happy to help!

Churulina,

Glad to hear your doing so well

Were these foods you've stopped triggers for you?

Churulina,

Glad to hear your doing so well

Were these foods you've stopped triggers for you?

I really don't know for sure, I've started eating in this way at the same time that I've started with the borax and Aloe Vera, but after reading Ghost's comments about mites being fed by sugar, this makes sense for me... I think I was lucky to have all those facts together at the same time, and having stopped borax and aloe, still I'm fine