Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No topicals, no make-up, no washing, no water for 6 days.

Quote Originally Posted by vicki View Post
    How do you all cope without sunscreen? I can't tolerate makeup but i am afraid to not use sunscreen at all, even for six days.
    I can tolerate some time in the sun without any problem.
    I try to hide my face from it with a hat when it's really hard.
    Sun exposure is quite good to make vitamin D, but try to hide your face.

I too stopped use of any make up, face washes or moisturizer. It really helped my face to stop burning and stinging. I can tolerate colder air much better. When I first startred my skin was painfully dry but after a few weeks it started to normalize. There are days when it is a bit dry still but I drink extra water and make sure I'm getting enough good fats and oils and it returns to normal rather quickly.

Sunscreen....I just read an article about that. It said that sunscreens containing retin's and it's derivitives actually contribute to causing skin cancer. Something about how it reacts with sunlight. The article also stated that of the people who get melanoma the ones who had reasonable exposure to sunlight had the best chance of success in treating their condition. It seems the skin needs the chance to manufacture it's own protection to at least a small extent. Also that the vit d you get from sun exposure is far superior to supps. It suggested using shade, hats and clothing as the best ways to protect yourself from the sun. Easier said than done, right? I'm not saying anyone should or should not wear sunscreen, just sharing some info from an article I read.

Quote Originally Posted by MasK View Post
    Dermalex Atopic Eczema.
    But I'm afraid it's only available in Europe.
    She also prescribed me Physiogel from Stiefel (same purpose), which is maybe available in the US.
    Thank you.
    I also live in Europe, so won't be a problem to get those creams. The Dermalex cream looks good, as does the Physiogel, I've been curious lately to try a DMS creme...

Quote Originally Posted by GiGi. View Post
    Thank you.
    I also live in Europe, so won't be a problem to get those creams. The Dermalex cream looks good, as does the Physiogel, I've been curious lately to try a DMS creme...
    The dermalex cream is great, because of the really fresh effect it do on you skin. I like it very much, but I made the mistake to apply too much of it, and my skin got a bit oily. A little amount is enough (evening or morning or both).
    The Stiefel cream was not that good (for me), my skin was feeling not so comfortable. But everyone's different. I like these creams because they are free of controversial chemicals too. My derm is a very smart lady.
    She prescribed me allergy testings, very complete ones. I will make them next week.

Quote Originally Posted by MasK View Post
    The dermalex cream is great, because of the really fresh effect it do on you skin. I like it very much, but I made the mistake to apply too much of it, and my skin got a bit oily. A little amount is enough (evening or morning or both).
    The Stiefel cream was not that good (for me), my skin was feeling not so comfortable. But everyone's different. I like these creams because they are free of controversial chemicals too. My derm is a very smart lady.
    She prescribed me allergy testings, very complete ones. I will make them next week.
    Cheers, I will give the Dermalex Cream a try , it also comes at a very affordable price, which is good news.

Good luck with the allergy testing next week.

Default trying this too

i've tried not to wash my face with tap water now (was thinking its harsh and here in london very much so) and have used only a very gentle moisturiser which has been great on my skin (Pai brand) and no make up. I was thinking washing off the oil barrier may be making my skin flare up. I was going for a few days previous to this where my skin gets to be nearly normal. I suffer with flushing, soreness, burning sensation, redness, sometimes blotchy looking. very rarely, the odd pustle very small ones on nose end mostly. For the past few days of this regime my face feels way worse! very uncomfortable, burning feeling, red hue. I am not sure now if washin oil off was actually helping?!! the only other thing I can think of is that i have sore eyes too at the moment and i think conjuntivitis (or maybe one day i will find out this is actually ocular roscaea) and am using anti biotic eye drops over the counter ones. maybe my system doesnt like these drops, but i doubt this is the case, ive used them before. debating whether to go back to washing and head under the shower hose!