Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suppressing emotions to control Rosacea.

Default Suppressing emotions to control Rosacea.

One of the most frustrating aspects of Rosacea is the fact that any extreme emotion that you display makes your skin flush. Or at least, that's how it is for me. Whenever I find myself getting into an argument I just leave. Arguing is one of the easiest ways for my skin to flush. If I start to get mad my skin gets really hot as well. Even excitement makes my skin red. I feel like I'm becoming emotionless!

So does anyone else have this problem? If so, any good ways to cope with it? I know there aren't any miracle cures but it's always nice to get a viewpoint from someone else. Helps me understand things.

I've found that regular, or at least periodic exercises, makes it easier for me to deal with emotions.

The other thing is trying to be ok with flushing with laughter or anger, here and there. Personally I've found that people are not as bothered by it as we may think they are.

Default yes

I know what you mean. Hot tub has helped me. Sweating it out in a calm, controlled manner.

But yes, I hate this aspect.

This is one that we are in control of though.... if you think about it.

Default Stress is my trigger

For me stress is the worst.
    One month ago my mother and best friend had an operation unexpected within one week. I spend almost all week in hospital. Besides that i tried to manage my one parent household. Say, two years ago this would not have made any impression on me, but i suffer from PTSD now, and any stress, even a little bit is allready to much. You can imagine what i looked liked after that week
    It took for sure 2 weeks to not have the pain anymore.

Stress is something i maybe have to learn better to control, at the same time life is not something you can complety manage or control. **** happens, Things just happen, wether I am all into Bhoedism or not.

For me the Rosacea is a hard lesson in realizing how much stress i have during one day and the Rosacea effect makes it to clear that i have stress.
    I'm wondering if i should start learning how to deal with it better. Don't know yet how, maybe Yoga, Mindfullnes or something else, because the Rosacea is really painfull and ugly.
    I'm not ready yet (like some people might say ) to say that the Rosacea helped me to get clear i have to deal with the stress. But it seems i have no choice.
    Last edited by Magz; 5th April 2011 at 10:50 AM.

Magz, While yoga and meditation are wonderful things, I have yet to see them get rid of rosacea (hesitate to say cure in any event). I think the most these will do, and this is a lot, is help you MOST of the time to not be so obsessed by thoughts about your skin condition.

(The comes from someone who used to be in the mirror all day checking her skin condition.)

I use some alternative treatments (I am sipping rose tea right now) and laser, and I do yoga regularly.

I hope your mom and friend are much better.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Rand627 View Post
    One of the most frustrating aspects of Rosacea is the fact that any extreme emotion that you display makes your skin flush. Or at least, that's how it is for me. Whenever I find myself getting into an argument I just leave. Arguing is one of the easiest ways for my skin to flush. If I start to get mad my skin gets really hot as well. Even excitement makes my skin red. I feel like I'm becoming emotionless!

So does anyone else have this problem? If so, any good ways to cope with it? I know there aren't any miracle cures but it's always nice to get a viewpoint from someone else. Helps me understand things.
    Gosh, Randi, I know how you feel! I think just about everyone here does. Understand, though, that you are being *normal* expressing your emotions. What makes it all bad, and leaves an unconnected ending to your emotional arguments is that you start paying attention, oh, my god, to your rosacea. OMG, my face is lighting up! Who can keep up a coherent argument this way?

Arguing is not bad. The rosacea is! Other people have the same intense emotions, but it doesn't show in their faces. Not fair.

Yes I'll stand up and say I have this problem. I'll also say it ruined my life. Sadly, I have no cure.

Hahha Ghost, what i good idea, i think i will make myself a nice cup as well. I'll have a Oolong tea.

Like you, i don't think Yoga will take my Rosacea away.
    At the moment i put my money on medication and common sense ( avoiding triggers ).
    But the Rosacea has made me think about stress, how that puts the immunesystem down etc etc. And doing Yoga must be good for anyone, Rosacea or not

I for myself don't look in the mirror that much and know that life is pretty much bigger and more interesting than the condition of my skin.

I've heard Oolong is very good... it is even supposed to help you slim!

Ah, you are very far along, Magz, since you know life is much prettier and more interesting than the condition of your skin!

Have a nice, calm day.

Yes this is one of the things I have always had trouble with. I hate that your face can give you a way without you ever opening your mouth. I found that once my rosacea is better under control I dont react to emtional triggers so much. Besides this I have learnt that it is better to remain laid back about most things. Controlling emotions is perhaps a better thing to do rather than suppress them.

As the saying goes whilst you might not be able to change situations you can change how you react to them. Easy to say but harder to practice. I heard a lecture but a psychologist once and it changed the way I thought about things.

I still remember an article in a magazine discussing people who flush. The writer said that it was a positive thing. This way you could not lie. He also said something like if you say something wrong "your face apologizes for you." !!!!! It was one of the most sickening articles I had ever read. I actually wrote to the guy and told him off.