Thread: Chronicles of Fast-Food Flare-Ups!!!!

Default Chronicles of Fast-Food Flare-Ups!!!!

So, thank god there is a fast food joint on every corner which will glady feed me processed, crappy foods. I was at the gym the other day and suddenly was feelling so hungry I wanted to vomit. (I hadn't had much to eat that day) So I rushed to Popeye's chicken nearby for a quick fix. I got the 6 piece chicken strip meal with reconstituted mashed potato substance as a side, plus one medium root beer drink chock full of high fructose corn syrup. So shortly after eating this digusting food, I began feeling mass flare-up on my face, tingling pins and needles in my cheecks... and my body was sort of communicating to me, "hey what the hell did you just eat?". The chicken was fried and greasy and tasted like they soaked it in salt water for a week. (Apparently fried food also produces a cancinoginic substance as well I recently learned) Anyways, this quick fix to hunger really did me in for a day. I was going along nice and smooth for many, many months until i fell off the wagon. Luckily, the flare-up subsided, but it was really revealing to me, after not eating processed crappy food for such a long time, how significantly it affects my body.

To add insult to injury - the lady at the drive through gave me no napkins, no dipping sauce for the raunchy chicken and no utensels for the mashed potato substance. I ended up having to dip the chicken strips into the potato substance to get some of it into my mouth.

anyone else have a fast-food flare up story to share?

Heya

I just thought i'd mention that when very prone to flushing, I noticed that going long periods of time without eating had/has a negative effect on my blood sugar levels. Being in starvation mode made me highly prone to developing severe migraines and also used to induce massive flushing attacks post finally getting round to eating a meal. There is a link here in that migraines and flushing both have to do with dilating vessels. Eating every 3-4 hrs and keeping the blood sugar levels moderate most definetly helped me to avoid as many severe flushing attacks and I still make sure to eat regulary throughout the day, even if it's just a piece of fruit between main meals. Just another thing to think about when tying to pinpoint triggers...

Best, Shantelle
    Last edited by shantelle; 27th March 2011 at 03:45 AM.
    Shantelle

31 Year old female from NZ

Burger King is a flare-up for me.
    There have been one another person on this board with the same experience.

Quote Originally Posted by shantelle View Post
    Heya

I just thought i'd mention that when very prone to flushing, I noticed that going long periods of time without eating had/has a negative effect on my blood sugar levels. Being in starvation mode made me highly prone to developing severe migraines and also used to induce massive flushing attacks post finally getting round to eating a meal. There is a link here in that migraines and flushing both have to do with dilating vessels. Eating every 3-4 hrs and keeping the blood sugar levels moderate most definetly helped me to avoid as many severe flushing attacks and I still make sure to eat regulary throughout the day, even if it's just a piece of fruit between main meals. Just another thing to think about when tying to pinpoint triggers...

Best, Shantelle
    Hey Shantelle

It's increasingly thought that those eating diets high in fat and protein and low in carbs and processed foods (perhaps like Dave) simply do not experience wildly fluctuating blood sugar levels - that in fact their blood sugar levels remain handily stable regardless of whether they are going long periods without eating or whatever. This has certainly been my experience of intermittent fasting etc (once accustomed to a low-carb diet).
    Last edited by GJ; 27th March 2011 at 10:22 AM.

Default flares

hi shantelle, i've gone long periods between healthy meals with no flare up problems, so for me, the food is really a big issue. I appreciate the insight though that is a good point.

siliconmessiah, oh ya burger king is a no-no for me as well...basically any burger joint is really bad for me lol. Apparently hamburger is processed with ammonia to kill all the ecoli that results from corn-fed cattle (the corn promotes bacterial growth ecoli etc much more than cows that graze on grass) I wish there was a fast food place that had healhty food....i guess it's not economically viable