Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sea buckthorn oil

Default Sea buckthorn oil

Hello fellow rosacea sufferers, Id just like to tell every1 about this amazing stuff ive been using on my face, that has basically stopped most of my burning and itching and gotten rid of most of my redness, its called sea buckthorn oil, i ordered the stuff from weleda, it got lost in the mail so i went and bought some at a health food store, the results took like 3-4 days to really get noticeable, but this stuff is honestly the closest thing ive ever tried for rosacea that is a cure, my face looks amazing and its been about a week since i began using it, im debating if i should order a 240 ml size bottle of the stuff and just stock pile it. Honestly ppl message me or whatever but this stuff is amazing and apparently its been around for a long time, i wish i had know about it like a year ago when my rosacea just started getting very bad. It is amazing, if any1 has the same results as me they will be amazed, if you just study up on it you will see why its got a ton of good stuff in it, but dont take my word for it go buy some you will thank me. before this i tried some green tea lotion rubix anti redness, manuka honey well i can basically go on and the top of my dresser can attest to all the useless moisturizers ive bought for my face this stuff is a miracle buy it, change your life end of story. It doesnt stop you from blushing tho but your face heals up nicely after, today at work my face was kind of red cus it was stressful busy day, by the time i got home like 20 min drive was back to pale white, and the other day i thnk i worked out or something or whatever i did idk but my face was red, and i was sitting on couch and i had no burning or pain or any sensations on my face i didnt even realize it was red until i looked in mirror, but most of the time my skin is nice and white now ITS AMAZING BUY IT. i cant believe no one else knows about this miracle oil, i always promised myself once i found a cure or relief id tell every1 i could and this is it. questions are welcome
    Last edited by Stevenmac; 25th March 2011 at 05:13 AM.

I just cant wait for people to try this stuff seriously, my face went from red, burning, itching me feeling like i wanted to die generally to now,i feel lke a million bucks, it is a miracle and i dont use that word lightly, i feel like if i hype up a product too much people will think im selling it or something, im not i just feel for my fellow sufferers and i want to help every1 find relief, theres this guy at the hospital i work at whos got a real red face i really want to tell him to buy this stuff but i think it might be kind of rude idk

Can you please tell us what type of rosacea you have and what your symptoms are/were?

I thought about the weleda stuff but when I read the ingredients I was pretty sure I couldn't handle it. I get irritation from everything topical. So I bought a cream instead with sea buckthorn in it a few days ago. It only was 2 euros since it was almost past expiration date,so I decided to try it. Normally it's like 20 euros.
    I have a lot of creams etc in a big box that didn't help.
    Anyway, this one seems to be helping somewhat with the redness (nothing dramatic so far). It also has vitamin C in it. So I don't know what it is that is helping exactly.
    At least it doesn't irritate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloem View Post
    Can you please tell us what type of rosacea you have and what your symptoms are/were?

I thought about the weleda stuff but when I read the ingredients I was pretty sure I couldn't handle it. I get irritation from everything topical. So I bought a cream instead with sea buckthorn in it a few days ago. It only was 2 euros since it was almost past expiration date,so I decided to try it. Normally it's like 20 euros.
    I have a lot of creams etc in a big box that didn't help.
    Anyway, this one seems to be helping somewhat with the redness (nothing dramatic so far). It also has vitamin C in it. So I don't know what it is that is helping exactly.
    At least it doesn't irritate.
    ok the weleda stuff is good but the stuff i bought that was just pure sea buckthorn seed oil is a little better in my opinion, i usually mix the two together cus the weleda stuff isnt as orange so i can wear it without looking like my cheeks are so orange, id suggest buying just straight sea buckthorn seed oil although i heard the fruit oil is also good i think ill buy that in a little bit as well to try,

anyway let me tell u about my symptoms, i had pretty much always a little pink or redness in my cheeks, extremely itchy and burning skin, always on my left cheek it would burn felt just like my skin was destroying itself. i would flush mostly to stress at work, or being in a hotter environment, and working out would def make me flush, would be fine while i was sweating but as soon as swear dried up it was like my face was dry as a desert, also seemed to be getting alot of dead skin building up on my cheeks idk if thats rosacea or what. i dont get pimples or the pustules tho i never really have gotten pimples, and after reading this article about how sugar and dairy can cause acne, ive cut down alot on both and eating alot healthier.

i think its been about 2 weeks since i started using this stuff its freakin amazing, i was worried first time i put it on my face, that my cheeks would go red but it didnt, it was a little irritating at first, and i mean just a little but its really better now, like it feels good, just dont put a ton on at first u need ur skin to breath too, but i can tell it really heals the skin, my skin is looking very good since i started it, and no more itching and burning or atleast it has greatly diminished, usually only burning when im under alot of stress but its like so manageable, and my face recovers from a flush alot faster, and my cheeks dont get nearly as red as they used to, a flush now for me is like a little redness not a deep red and burning like before and its only been 2 weeks, seriously ppl this is like a cure for me, my life is back, most amazing product ive ever bought and ive got enough moisturizers and creams in my room to last a life time, and spent alot of money on uttrly usless products, this one ws liker 35$ at a health food store and its worth $1000

I have the same symptoms, mostly on my right cheek. I think I will try the oil in a few weeks. Just had IPL, my cheeks are still swollen and very red and painful. When things calm down I'm going to give it a go and see if it helps.

bloem seriously dont wait, ive been using this stuff for like 2 weeks and id say my rosacea is like 99% gone, its a freakin miracle, if every1 else who had rosacea tried this stuff this forum wouldnt exist cus the disease would be like nothing, i have my life back, my rosacea is practically gone, but of course if i work out intensely or am in a hot enviro then its itchy but like such a huge improvement

I'm going to have to stop by the health foods place tomorrow to see if they have this.. Worth a shot!

Hmm, its high in Vitamin A though and I don't know if that would be good for those suffering from Accutane induced rosacea. I'll have to see how much of the A is in there.

I tried this, got rebound flushing. There are some people trying to promote this product out there, have to be a bit warey.

I've used it (Weleda SBT Oil) for about four years and I am a big fan - it took me four weeks before any good results showed and I got a lot of initial rebound flushing as well as weird sensations while the demodex were dying off ... it works after a while and you have to keep using it to maintain the effect; I got complacent recently and didn't use it for about a week, now have two enormous pustules on one cheek and one small papule on the other (I regularly had eight or so on each side before I used SBT).

I'm sure there are scammers here but if so why scam on behalf of such a cheap product (£10 for a large bottle, lasts ages).

Oh it's good for nose-swelling episodes too.